95. "Will You Let It Die Or Let It Grow?" pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"What are you two doing?" I heard my wife ask. I turned to her and smiled. She looked gorgeous wearing my hoodie and a pair of her own sweatpants.

"We made you breakfast in bed Mommy." Rose said. Y/n picked Rose up and smiled.

"Did you help Daddy?" Y/n asked. Rose and I nodded.

"She did. She was a very good helper." I said before giving my amazing wife a kiss.

"Daddy?" Rose asked while Y/n still held her.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Why did you just kiss Mommy?" She asked. Y/n and I looked at each other. How do you explain love to a child? I thought for a moment.

"Well, when you love someone as much as Mommy and I love each other, you give them a kiss to show them your love and affection." I said. Rose nodded and thought for a moment.

"Daddy?" She asked.

"Yes sweet pea?" I asked.

"Can I have a kiss?" She asked, causing my heart to melt. I smiled and nodded.

"Of course. Come here." I said, taking my daughter from my wife. I gave her a kiss.

"Mwah!" Rose said. Y/n and I laughed.

"I'm hungry. Can we eat now please?" Y/n asked.

"Well, how about Rose gives you a kiss and then we'll eat?" I asked. Before Y/n could even nod, Rose spoke.

"But I only want to kiss Daddy." She said.

"Why honey? That's not fair to Mommy." I asked and said.

"Because you're my favorite parent Daddy." Rose said. Y/n ran out of the room. We had always tried to teach Rose not to pick favorites, but I guess that didn't work.

"Rose, go apologize to Mommy right now." I said, setting her down.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because it wasn't very nice to Mommy." I said.

"But you're my favorite." She said.

"Well that's not fair to your mom. She does a lot for you, especially while I'm away, so I shouldn't even be your favorite. Now, I want you to apologize to Mommy, you upset her." I said. Rose nodded and I carried her up to mine and Y/n's bedroom. Y/n was crying.

"I'm sorry Mommy." Rose said when I set her on the bed. She crawled onto Y/n's lap. Y/n nodded and fake smiled.

"It's okay honey. I know you love your daddy, and guess what?" Y/n asked as she stopped crying.

"What?" Rose asked.

"I love him too." Y/n said, causing me to smile. Rose gave Y/n a kiss.

"Mwah!" Rose said. Y/n laughed a real laugh and her smile turned real.

"Thank you honey." Y/n said.

"You're welcome Mommy." Rose said.

"Hey Rosie, why don't you go play with your toys for a little bit while I talk to Mommy?" I asked. She nodded and I walked her to her room before going back into my room.

"What's up Shawny?" Y/n asked. I sat down on the bed with her.

"I know that the smile that you gave her was fake." I said. Y/n hung her head.

"Yeah. It was. I just - I already knew that you were her favorite, but it just hurt to actually hear." She said. I kissed her forehead.

"But how can I be her favorite if I'm never even here?" I asked, tears now forming in my eyes.