92. He's Late To A Party

Start from the beginning

"I don't want sex or anything sexual, I want to know why you strolled in here an hour late, even though you promised me that you would be the first person here so we could spend time together, and you never answered any of my texts." I said, getting angry.

"Baby, I had to pick up a pack of beer for Molly." He said.

"And that took an hour and prevented you from responding to your worried girlfriend? If it weren't for Grace, I'd be at your hotel because I was worried something happened to you." I asked and said.

"Honey, I am so sorry that I worried you, I didn't mean to." He said.

"Okay, so why were you really an hour late?" I asked. He dropped his head.

"Because I forgot about the party and fell asleep." He said while picking his head up to look at me.

"You forgot and fell asleep? How could you forget? We've been talking about how excited we were for this party for weeks! And then you fell asleep?" I yelled.

"Baby, shhh, everyone is going to hear you." He said.

"I don't care Shawn. For right now, let's put up a front for everyone and pretend to be fine, but you're staying until the party's over so we can talk about this, got it?" I said and asked. He nodded and smirked. "Why in the world are you smirking?" I asked.

"You're hot when you're bossy." He said.

"Shawn, seriously? Not the time with the mood I'm in." I said. He gulped.

"Okay, you're right, sorry." He said, and with that, we headed out of the room. Grace walked up to us.

"See, I knew that everything would be okay. Now, go enjoy the lovely party that you've thrown." Grace said to me. I smiled and nodded. She frowned and pulled me away from Shawn.

"What?" I asked.

"Why are you fake smiling?" She asked.

"Because my dipshit of a boyfriend forgot about the party that we've been talking about for weeks and fell asleep, and couldn't respond to my texts yet he could get Molly beer." I said. She shook her head, walked over to Shawn, and whispered something in his ear before walking away from us. I walked over to him.

"What did she whisper to you?" I asked.

"Well I'm guessing that you told her what happened because she whispered to me that I'm an idiot and then walked away." He said.

"Yeah I told her what happened." I said, taking a sip of a beer that I had just grabbed.

"What are you doing? You hate beer." He asked and said. I nodded.

"I do, but I'm going to need alcohol if I'm going to get through this night." I said, and just before I could take another sip, Shawn took the beer and gave it to Molly.

"Here, she doesn't like it. Never has." He said.

"Thank you Shawn, you're the best." She said.

"What the hell?" I whispered to him once she had walked away.

"That was an unhealthy coping mechanism." He said. Ugh.

"Whatever Shawn." I said a little too loudly because my friend Avery turned around and frowned.

"Is there trouble in paradise for you guys?" Avery asked. I shook my head and Shawn kissed my cheek. As mad at him as I was, his warm lips felt nice on my cheek.

"No, not for us." Shawn said. I fake smiled and Avery nodded before turning back to her conversation. Shawn turned to me.

"What?" I asked.

"Stop fake smiling or I'll tickle you." He said.

"Stop forgetting about something that we've talked about for weeks or I'll give you tomatoes." I said with yet another fake smile.

"You would never do that." He said. I rolled my eyes and walked over to Grace.

"Hey." She said.

"Hi. Can I hang with you please?" I asked.

"Just pretend that everything is okay with him, spend the rest of the party with him, and then makeup when everybody leaves." She said.

"That was the plan but he's getting on my nerves." I said. She shook her head and gently grabbed me by the arm and dragged me over to Shawn.

"Come with me Shawn." She said. We followed her as she took us to my bedroom. She shut the door and looked at us. "You two are not going to leave this room until you've made up, understand?" She asked.

"Yup." I said.

"Yeah." Shawn said.

"Good." She said before walking out and shutting the door behind her.

"I just don't get it Shawn. How could you forget?" I said and asked. He shrugged and shook his head.

"I don't know. Please honey, I don't want to fight with you. I want you to have a real smile on your beautiful face and I want to make you happy again." He said.

"I just don't know what to do Shawn." I said.

"You're not going to break up with me are you? Because I can't lose you, Y/n I can't lose you. It was a simple mistake, honestly." He said, tears now forming in his eyes. My heart broke as I rushed over to him. He rested his head on my shoulder and I could feel the teardrops. I ran my fingers through his curly hair.

"Okay, it's okay. I'm not breaking up with you okay handsome? You're not losing me. In fact, you will never, ever, ever lose me. Look at me baby." I said. He picked his head up and looked me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"It's okay, I overreacted, and I'm sorry for that." I said.

"It's okay. I love you honey, I really do." He said as he stopped crying. I smiled at him.

"I love you too. Come on, let's get back out there and smile for real, okay?" I asked. He nodded.

"Okay but can I have a kiss first please?" He asked. I giggled.

"You never have to ask baby boy." I said. He immediately put his lips on mine and I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. We soon pulled away.

"You're the love of my life." He said. I smiled.

"Good because you're the love of my life too." I said, causing him to smile. We went back out to the party and had a fun night. I'll forever love this boy, even when he makes mistakes.