91. "Will You Let It Die Or Let It Grow?"

Start from the beginning

"Really?" She asked. Shawn nodded.

"Really." Shawn said. We walked around the field for a little bit before Rose let go of Shawn's hand. "ROSE!" He yelled.

"I'm getting something!" She yelled back. Shawn and I looked at each other, unsure of what to do. I mean, we could see her and there was no one else in sight. Rose leaned down, picked something up, and then ran back to us. It was a rose.

"What do you have there Rose?" I asked. She looked up at Shawn and lifted up the Rose a little.

"Daddy, will you let it die or let it grow?" She asked him, knowing his song lyrics. We didn't name her after the song, we named her after my aunt, but it was still the most adorable thing ever. Shawn squatted down in front of her.

"For you and Mommy, I would let it grow." He said. Tears formed in my eyes and soon I couldn't stop them. They flowed down my cheeks.

"Why are you crying Mommy?" Rose asked. Shawn whipped his head around so fast that I'm surprised he didn't get whiplash. He stood up, held my face in his hands, and wiped my tears away. I wrapped my fingers around his wrist, liking the feeling of his warm hands on my face.

"Why are you crying my love? What's wrong?" He asked. I felt bad for making him worry. I shook my head.

"That was just a very cute thing that she did." I said. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"It was. It made my heart melt." He said with a chuckle. He turned back to Rose but held my hand in his. When our hands touched, I felt sparks shoot through me, yet I felt safe and warm at the same time. This man gives me absolutely insane feelings of love, safety, and warmth.

"Mommy? Daddy?" Rose asked.

"Yes honey?" I asked.

"I'm tired." She said.

"Yeah, I'm tired too." I said. Shawn looked at me.

"Well, how about we all go home and take a nap. That sound good my sweets?" Shawn asked, looking at the both of us. Rose and I both nodded. Shawn picked up Rose and she rested her head on Shawn's shoulder. Shawn continued to hold my hand, using his other hand, the one that wasn't holding Rose, but she was still secure.

"Wait." I said. Shawn stopped walking.

"What's up?" Shawn asked.

"Do you think we could have someone take a picture of us since we're all wearing the same outfit?" I asked.

"But baby, she's tired." Shawn said.

"I know, but she can survive one picture." I said, hoping not to sound too harsh. Shawn thought for a moment before walking up to someone.

"Excuse me, but could you take a picture of my family and I? We all accidentally matched so my wife wants a picture." Shawn asked and said. The woman nodded. Shawn put Rose down and put her in the middle of him and I.

"There you go. I took a few." The lady said. Shawn smiled at her.

"Thank you so much." Shawn said.

"You're welcome Shawn Mendes," The lady said, causing Shawn and I to laugh. "Have a great rest of your day! Rose is a beautiful girl by the way."

"Thank you so much." I said. Shawn picked Rose up and we walked back to the car. Rose slept on the way home, so Shawn and I were quiet. The rose that our sweet little girl had picked was in my hands.

"We're home." Shawn whispered. He got out of the car and picked up Rose. He then carried her up the stairs and into her bedroom. It was nap time for everyone in this house. Shawn came back down the stairs and into the kitchen. I turned around and faced him.

"Is she asleep?" I asked him. He nodded and walked over to me so he was beside me.

"She is. Are you putting the rose in some water?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yup. Got to keep it alive." I said with a smile. Shawn quietly chuckled. He watched me as I finished filling the vase up with water and put it on the kitchen table.

"You know, what I said back there was true." Shawn said.

"Which part? The part where you said that you loved me?" I asked teasingly. He laughed again.

"First of all, it's present tense. Love. Not past tense, loved. And second of all, no, even though that is true. I meant the part where I said that I would let the rose grow for you and Rose." He said. I smiled and nodded.

"Shawn?" I asked, starting to play with my fingers. He frowned. I only play with my fingers when I'm nervous.

"What's wrong love?" He asked, walking over to me and taking my hands in his. I felt the safety and warmth of his hands and calmed down a little.

"I have to tell you something." I said.

"What is it?" He asked.

"The reason why I was crying wasn't just because I thought that her giving you the rose was a beautiful moment." I said. He looked confused.

"Then what else was it?" He asked. Tears formed in my eyes.

"Pregnancy hormones." I said. His eyes widened.

"What?" He asked, tears forming in his eyes.

"I'm pregnant Shawn. I guess that there's another reason why you should let the rose grow." I said. Shawn smiled at me, picked me up, and spun me around a little. He then set me down.

"Are you really?" He asked. I nodded as I wiped away his tears with the pad of my thumb.

"Yeah. I just found out yesterday. I was going to tell you when I got it confirmed by the doctor but I figured that now would be a good time." I said as Shawn wiped my tears away. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine for a moment before pulling it away.

"Now was the perfect time. Damn baby, we have to keep that rose growing for the next nine months." He said with a laugh. I shook my head and laughed.

"I don't think it's going to be able to last that long." I said. Shawn laughed.

"I'm really happy." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Me too. Okay, now I have to stop crying." I said with a laugh. Shawn wiped my tears away.

"Come on, let's go take that nap." He said before he scooped me up into his arms and carried me up the stairs. I giggled the whole way up the stairs and into our bedroom, but I giggled quietly. I didn't want to wake up Rose. Shawn laid me down and covered me up. I waited until he got into the bed and then cozied up to him. "Wait." He said.

"What's up baby?" I asked.

"When did this happen?" He asked.

"Remember how you and I wanted time together so Rose spent the night at Karen and Manny's place so we could have date night and maybe make love and then the maybe happened?" I asked.

"Ohhhhh, now I remember. Yeah that was a fun night." Shawn said with a smirk. I smacked his chest lightly and closed my eyes.

"I love you Shawn." I said.

"I love you too Y/n." He said, and with that, we fell asleep.