86. The Paparazzi Give You An Anxiety Attack

Comincia dall'inizio

"Okay. It's just, I can feel my anxiety getting worse. Do you think that we could get this food to go please?" I said and asked. Shawn nodded.

"Sure." He said as he called the waiter over. "Can we have two to go boxes please?" He asked. The waiter nodded.

"Of course. Sorry that they're out there. Is there anything that we can do?" The waiter asked. Shawn shook his head.

"No. Thank you though." Shawn said. We got our to go boxes as my anxiety only increased. I could feel the anxiety attack coming on.

"Shawn." I whimpered.

"I know honey, I know. Hold my hand and don't let go, okay?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded.

"Okay. I promise that I won't." I said. Shawn nodded and held my hand as we headed out the door. Again, as our hands touched, I felt the sparks yet I felt safe and warm. The feeling of safety calmed my anxiety, but only a little bit. I squeezed his hand. He squeezed back.

"SHAWN! SHAWN! IS THERE TROUBLE IN PARADISE?" One paparazzo yelled.

"SHAWN! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO POP THE QUESTION?" Another yelled.

"SHAWN! ARE YOU AND HAILEY BALDWIN STILL FRIENDS?" Yet another yelled. I didn't like that one question. Hailey deleted the photos of her and Shawn that she had posted. I squeezed Shawn's hand - hard - and he squeezed back.

"You're okay." He whispered in my ear, yet I was anything but okay. It was as if I could feel my lungs collapsing in on me, I had shortness of breath, I had chest pain, I was sweating even though it was chilly out, basically what I'm trying to say is that I had all of the symptoms of an anxiety attack, and it was terrible.

We finally reached the car and got in. I used my purse to cover my face from the flashes of the cameras. I also wanted to do that so they couldn't see my tears. Those three questions that they asked bothered me. Shawn and I have talked about marriage but he obviously hasn't popped the question yet or else I would have a ring on my finger. The Hailey Baldwin question bothered me, and the first question, asking if there was in trouble in paradise? Did they even see us? Shawn and I had been holding hands and my other hand was wrapped around his arm. Did they see him whisper in my ear? Did they see how close we were to each other?

"You okay baby? You look like you're going to cry." Shawn asked and said. I shook my head, knowing that if I spoke, I would cry. "I'm going to honk so they get out of my way, okay?" He asked. I nodded. He honked and they moved a little, enough so Shawn could drive away.

We soon walked in the door to his place and I bursted into tears. Shawn held me as I cried while sitting on his couch.

"You're okay baby, you're okay. How's your anxiety?" He asked. I shook my head.

"It's so bad Shawn, even though we're away from them. How did they even find us?" I said and asked. Shawn shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know baby. Someone probably called them." He said. I nodded. "Can you take a deep breath in for me, and then let it out after a few seconds?" He asked. I nodded again.

"Yeah." I said, and did as told.

"Good job babe. Now, I want you to keep doing that, okay?" He said and asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. I continued to take deep breaths for a few minutes, which calmed me down, and I stopped crying after a little bit.

"Here, come sit on my lap." Shawn said. I did as told and put my bum on his lap. He started to rub my back.

"You rubbing my back feels nice." I said.

"Yeah? Want me to keep doing it?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes please." I said.

"My girl is so polite." He said with a smile. I giggled for the first time in what felt like hours.

"I try." I said.

"Well, you do a good job." Shawn said.

"You know, you're very polite too." I said.

"Well thank you." Shawn said.

"You're welcome." I said.

"How are you feeling?" Shawn asked me.

"A lot better. The anxiety is almost gone." I said. Shawn nodded.

"But it's still there?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes but only a little bit. Can we go to bed please?" I said and asked. Shawn thought for a moment before shaking his head.

"I don't want you to go to bed anxious." Shawn said.

"But I could always just sleep it away." I said.

"Yes but that's not healthy." Shawn said. I nodded.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too darling. Remember how they asked when I'm going to pop the question?" Shawn asked. I bit my lower lip and nodded.

"Yeah." I said.

"Well maybe I'll do it in a year or so. That sound good?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded.

"That sounds perfect my love." I said. Shawn smiled at me and gently kissed my lips.

"God I love your lips." Shawn said, causing me to giggle. I rested my forehead against his, causing Shawn's smile to widen.

"God I love yours." I said. He kissed my lips gently once again. "I love your kisses. I want more of them." I said, causing Shawn chuckle.

"Then you'll get more." Shawn said. We kept kissing, but they were gentle kisses filled with love, not lust. Shawn knows that I'm waiting for marriage before I have sex, and he's loyal to me. We pulled away. Shawn looked at me with so much love and adoration in his eyes, I loved it.

"I'm in love with you." I said.

"Good because I'm in love with you too." Shawn said. "How's your anxiety?" He asked.

"Gone." I said with a smile.

"Good. Do you want to go to bed now?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes. Can we cuddle?" I asked. Shawn chuckled and nodded.

"Baby, we can always cuddle." Shawn said. I smiled and we went to bed.

"Thank you for helping to take my anxiety away." I said as we cuddled up to each other, now in our pajamas.

"You're welcome my love. Goodnight baby, I love you." He said before kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight, I love you too." I said, and with that, we fell asleep.