84. Meeting John Mayer

Start from the beginning

"No. I took two or three guitar lessons when I was younger and didn't really like it. My uncle has a piano at his house but I would just randomly touch it and now no one touches it. At least no one touches it when I'm there." I said. John nodded again.

"Do you like to sing?" He asked.

"I have a terrible voice." I said.

"I'm sure you're not that bad." John said.

"I haven't even sung in front of Shawn yet. I just hum." I said with a laugh.

"It's true! She won't sing in front of me." Shawn said as he started to rub my back, soothing me. John laughed. We all talked for a while, and I soon grew tired. I turned to Shawn.

"I'm getting tired." I said.

"Yeah?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. My eyelids feel heavy." I said with a giggle.

"Let me carry you to bed." Shawn said.

"You don't have to carry me." I said.

"No, but I want to." Shawn said with a laugh. I stood up and John hugged me. Wow. I'm hugging an icon.

"It was nice to meet you Y/n." John said.

"Nice to meet you too. Have a good night." I said. John smiled.

"You too." He said. I smiled and nodded. Shawn suddenly picked me up and I squealed. I knew he was going to pick me up, just not at that very moment. He carried me to bed and laid me down. I got under the covers and closed my eyes.

"Good night my love. I'll be in shortly." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Okay. Good night. I love you." I said.

"I love you too." Shawn said and kissed my cheek. I suddenly remember something.

"Wait!" I said.

"What's up?" Shawn asked.

"I'm still in jeans and I still have makeup on." I said.

"Do you want me to help you take them off?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes please." I said. Shawn told John that he would be a couple of minutes and then came back. He picked me up and put me on the sink and helped me take my makeup off. He then helped me take my jeans off and put sweats on me. I put a hoodie over the long sleeve and got back into bed.

"Good night again." Shawn said.

"Good night again." I said, and with that, I fell asleep.

Shawn's point of view

I walked out of my bedroom and back into my living room. My buddy John Mayer was over and he was sitting on the couch.

"Is she asleep?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. She passed out pretty quickly. I know that school was exhausting her and we did a lot today." I said.

"Ahhh." Mayer said with a smirk.

"We did not have sex you pervert. We went out to the park and walked around for a while and then we went to a coffee shop and then we came back here and watched tv." I said. John nodded.

"Sorry, my brain goes to all sorts of places." Mayer said. I laughed.

"It's okay. We should probably be quiet." I said. He nodded.

"So, are you in love with her?" Mayer asked. I nodded and smiled.

"Very. It's like this, right? I honestly don't know how I was living without her before. Like, how was I surviving without this gorgeous, stunning, amazing girl by my side?" I asked.

"Damn, Mendes has it bad." Mayer said.

"Shut up. Don't you just love her?" I asked him. He nodded.

"She seems like a great gal. Perfect for you, and you can tell that she loves you right back." He said.

"Really? How so?" I asked. He chuckled.

"Well, you can see it in her eyes and how she looks at you." He said.

"How does she look at me?" I asked, now leaning forward, wanting to know more.

"Like you're a god. Like you're the greatest thing ever." He said. I smiled. "Well I better get going, but she's definitely a keeper."

"She is a keeper, that's for sure. Thanks for coming over." I said.

"No problem. See you later." He said. He left and I went to bed. There was my girlfriend, sleeping oh so peacefully. I gently got into bed and tried not to wake her, but of course I accidentally did.

"Did John leave?" She asked as she turned towards me, her eyes still shut as she cozied up to me.

"Yes. I'm sorry I woke you up." I said.

"It's okay. Just cuddle with me baby." She said. I smiled, kissed her forehead, and closed my eyes. Soon, I was asleep, and dreaming about my amazing girl.