67. Surprise Guests

Start from the beginning

"Everything all right?" Justin asked.

"Yeah." I said while nodding. Shawn smiled at me, gently grabbed my hand, and kissed the back of it. I blushed.

"Oh my God that was so cute." Hailey said. Shawn laughed, and even though it was someone else making him laugh, the sound still made my heart flutter. I smiled. But that smile didn't last long. Once again, I was excluded from the conversations. Shawn, Justin, and Hailey are all celebrities, I'm not. I don't fit in. I pulled out my phone and texted that to Uncle Al. Shawn and Hailey kept talking, but Justin was adding in. They were talking about people that they knew.

"Hey baby?" I asked.

"One second Y/n." Shawn said, raising his index finger up. He usually calls me by a cute name like babe or baby or honey or love. I played with my fingers and waited, and waited, and waited. Shawn must have forgotten, or ignored, the fact that I had tried to say something. I finally stood up. "Where are you going?" Shawn asked, a look of confusion etched across his face.

"To bed. I'm tired. Good night guys. It was really nice meeting you Justin and Hailey. I love you Shawn." I said.

"I love you too. Good night." Shawn said, and with that I went up to bed - with no kiss from Shawn I might add - and cried a little before drifting off to sleep.

Shawn's point of view

"Ring ring!" I heard. I looked over at the chair that my girlfriend, Y/n, had been sitting in. She must have forgotten her phone when she went up to bed. That's weird, she never forgets it. Her phone was going off. It was her Uncle Al. I excused myself and stepped out of the room, the phone in my hand.

"Hey it's Shawn." I said.

"Hey how's Y/n doing?" Uncle Al asked.

"What do you mean? She went to bed." I asked and said.

"Well she called me crying earlier." He said.

"Why? What happened?" I asked, panic reaching into my body.

"She said that almost immediately after you got home, Justin and Hailey came over, and you never told her that they were coming over, so she wasn't prepared. Also, she doesn't like the relationship that you have with Hailey. It makes her jealous. Now, what's up with you not including her in the conversations?" He said and asked. I felt so bad.

"I didn't mean to do all of that, I, I -" I said before I was cut off.

"Is everything okay?" Hailey asked.

"Yeah, I just need some privacy right now." I told her. Hailey shrugged and went back into the other room.

"Was that Hailey?" Uncle Al asked.

"Yeah." I said. "Listen, can I call you back? I'm going to nicely kick them out."

"Sure." He said. We hung up and I walked back into the living room.

"Hey, something has come up. I hate to kick you guys out but I kind of need to. Sorry." I said, feeling bad.

"It's okay." Justin said as he shook my hand and gave me a bro hug.

"I hope that everything gets better." Hailey said as she gave me a hug. I nodded and thanked her before calling Uncle Al back. He picked up on the second ring.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi. I didn't mean to exclude from the conversations, I was just, I don't know. Hailey, Justin and I know the same people." I said, shuffling my feet around the floor nervously. Y/n's uncle can be a little intimidating at times, but he's very protective of her and he's a great guy.