57. He Gets Mad At You

Start from the beginning

Shawn's point of view

I just got mad at my girlfriend for absolutely no reason. I had no right to get mad at her and I need to make it up to her. I left the house and went to the local florist. I went up to the counter and someone soon showed up.

"Hi, how can I help you today?" She asked.

"Can I get a bouquet of sunflowers and roses please?" I asked.

"Sure thing Shawn. I'm a huge fan by the way." She said. I smiled.

"Thank you." I said.

"If you don't mind me asking, are these for Y/n?" She asked. My relationship with Y/n is public, so everybody knows about us being together. I nodded.

"Yeah. I made a mistake and I need to fix it. She forgave me but I still need to make up for it." I said. The lady nodded.

"We get that a lot." She said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yup. People come in here because they messed up and need to fix it, so they get their significant other flowers." She said.

"Can I put a little note on it?" I asked.

"Yup. What do you want it to say?" She asked. I thought for a moment.

"'I'm sorry I messed up. I love you baby girl.'" I said.

"Aw, that's so cute, she's going to love it." She said. She handed me the flowers, I thanked her, paid, and left.

I got in the car and headed to the grocery story. Y/n loves garlic bread, so I grabbed some of that, and we have ravioli at the house. The grocery store had some roses, so I bought those too, even though I already had flowers, and headed home. I made the ravioli and set the table. I put the roses in a vase, hid the other flowers, and put candles on the table. I soon got a text from Y/n asking if she could come down. I told her yes, and when she saw me, she smiled.

"Hi baby boy." She said.

"Hi. Ready for dinner?" I asked.

"You made dinner?" She asked. I chuckled and nodded.

"Yes. Look." I said, pointing at the table. She gasped and put her hand to her mouth as tears sprang to her eyes. "Do you like it?" I asked nervously.

"Shawn, I love it. Thank you so much." She said.

"You're welcome baby girl. Before we have dinner, can I have a kiss please?" I asked. She smiled at me and nodded.

"I've missed your lips." She said.

"I've missed yours." I said. She put her lips on mine and when they met, I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, I felt my heart race like crazy, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. God am I in love with this girl. We pulled away from our sweet kiss and smiled at each other.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too." I said as I brushed a stray hair out of her face. She smiled at me. God that smile kills me. "Come on, let's go have dinner." I said as I pinched her butt. She squealed.

"That was my butt!" She said as we sat down.

"Yes, I know. I'm proud of you for knowing anatomy." I said with a smirk.

"I hate you so much." She said with a laugh. At least she's joking.

"You just said that you love me, so I'm calling bullshit." I said.

"Shawn! Language!" She said, causing me to laugh. We had a nice dinner and afterwards we cuddled up on the couch, watching Grey's Anatomy.

"Oh crap, I almost forgot something. I'll be right back baby." I said as I got up. She nodded. I ran into our guest bedroom and grabbed the sunflowers and roses. I knew that she would never go in there randomly, so I hid them in there. I came back downstairs with the flowers behind my back.

"Shawn if you have a puppy behind your back I'm going to cry." She said, causing me to laugh. I pulled the flowers out and she gasped.

"Sorry I don't have a puppy, but I do have these." I said.

"But Shawn you already got me the roses." She said as she took them.

"I know, but I originally got these, and then grabbed the roses when I saw them at the grocery store. Do you like them?" I asked nervously. She nodded her head.

"I do, I just feel bad that you're spending all this money on me." She said. I kissed her forehead.

"You're worth every penny." I said, which made tears form in her eyes.

"What did I do to deserve you?" She asked.

"I ask myself what I did to deserve you all of the time." I said. She read the note and smiled. We soon went to bed and cuddled up to each other. "Did you like our romantic evening?" I asked.

"I loved it. Thank you so much Shawn." She said.

"You're welcome my love. I love you." I said.

"I love you too. Good night baby boy." She said.

"Good night baby girl." I said, and with that, we fell asleep.