I Don't Mind

this one is based off of/inspired by "I Don't Mind" by Darren Criss and you can listen along with the link attached! i absolutely ADORE this song so the idea was too cute.

"You have no idea how nervous I am."

The words hang in the air for a few moments, seemingly suspended between you and your boyfriend. The late evening weather is warm and while the balcony offers the best view of Toronto possible, you feel more at home cuddled up next to Shawn. Your legs are flung over his lap while his arms are wrapped around you securely, one hand running through your hair as he leaves occasional tender kisses on the top of your head.

"Why's that, my love?" Shawn asks softly, rubbing his hands up and down your back, exuding comfort and safety.

"We're just a single click away from the whole world knowing about us. All you have to do is press post and there is no more hiding. That's slightly terrifying." You admit, intertwining your fingers with Shawn's as he goes to hold your hand while still keeping you close to his body.

In the beginning of your relationship, you both agreed not to go public for a few months in order to fall in love without the prying eyes of millions of other people watching and to get comfortable with the new lifestyle while enjoying each other's company. Sneaking around for dates, sharing quick kisses and strictly keeping all your interactions friendly on social media or in public became the new normal. And you didn't mind it at all. You still got to spent the precious time with the boy you loved so you really couldn't complain.

Somehow a few months turned into almost a year and a half and Shawn decided out of nowhere today that it was time to tell the world about your ever growing love for each other. In your mind, the idea seemed perfect. Although you would still have to share him with others, everyone would know he's officially yours and you could finally live without hiding anymore. But going public came with a lot of consequences that aren't always positive.

You knew from laying low the kind of hate that follows announcements like this. Not just from Shawn's fans, but the general public too. That was the whole reason the two of you decided not to tell the world you were together. Shawn had received his fair share of comments and backlash throughout his career, but you weren't sure how to even remotely handle that kind of situation if it were to arise.

Now you're snuggled up with Shawn on the balcony of his condo watching the sun sink behind the Toronto skyline and his phone sat on the table in front of you, Instagram post and a new tweet sitting in his drafts, just waiting to be posted. Even though your nerves continue to skyrocket with each passing second, Shawn's embrace silently reminds you it's going to be okay despite the anxious thoughts filling your mind. Going public wasn't even what scared you. It was the potential reactions from millions of people that worried you more than anything.

"If you don't want to do it, we don't have to. We've waited this long, a few more days or weeks won't hurt." Shawn responds, his gaze meeting yours and nothing but love can be seen in his gorgeous hazel eyes. You shook your head, deciding right then and there that you were going to go through with this.

"No, let's do it. I don't want to keep us a secret any longer, plus kissing you or holding hands with you in public would be a pretty nice bonus." You joke lightly, pressing a kiss to Shawn's rosy cheek as a smile blossoms across your lips.

"You're sure?" Shawn questions with concern, clearly picking up on the fact that you're anxious about something but doesn't exactly know what. He gently places two fingers on your chin to turn your head back towards his so his gaze locks with yours. It's almost impossible for him not to soften at the slightly scared look that's painted across your face even though you're desperately trying to hide how you really feel. "Sweetheart, I know you're nervous about this but I'm not going to do anything unless you're comfortable with it. We're a team. But what has you so worried?"

The loaded question.

"Honestly?" Shawn nods in response before leaning forward and kissing your forehead. "I'm not sure how people are going to react or what they're going to say."

"Baby, I don't care. None of that means anything to me, you know that." Shawn whispers, voice so gentle that his words almost get swept away with the wind. His fingers find your hair again as he begins playing with the strands and keeps his eyes locked on yours.

"But your fans mean everything to you and I'm sure their opinions will affect you in some way, whether it's negative or positive. And what if that makes you realize you actually don't want this?" The words practically break your heart as you say them outloud. You can't imagine a life without Shawn now, relationship a secret or not. He's changed everything you've ever known for the better and you know that you want to spend the rest of your life with him so to lose him would be devastating.

"I promise you, this is all I want for the rest of my life. Every moment spent with you is all I could ever ask for. Nothing in this world will change how much I love you. And for the record, you mean everything to me. Don't forget that." Shawn says lovingly, his hand brushing your hair behind your ear before kissing you for a moment. "Do you remember Josiah and Sami's wedding?"

"Mhm. Was only a couple months ago."

"That night, you were so worried about being my date and having pictures get out of us even though the fans know we're friends. You kept your distance the whole time and tried to keep that adorable look off your face while watching me sing the first dance song. But when you finally got on the dance floor with me, you were smiling so big and having the time of your life. I knew in that moment that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. Because despite everything, you were willing to take a chance for us even if it was something as simple as dancing in public." Shawn explains, nothing but adoration evident in his words while he held you a little closer than before. "You simply let go of all the 'what if's' and didn't care about anything else but being with me. There have been so many moments where you've done that, from when we first said I love you or when you finally decided to join me on tour."

Shawn pauses for a moment, searching for the right words to capture his feelings.. "People are always going to make a fuss and no doubt, make things harder for us. But I promise, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks they'll find, the secrets that might be told or if they can't understand what we've learned and how much we love each other because I'll always have you to hold."

Tears are brimming in your eyes at your boyfriend's unbelievably sweet confession, easing the anxiety that has been weighing you down all day. Without another word, you lean in to press a tender kiss to Shawn's lips. He instantly responds, pulling you in closer and softly moving his lips against yours. Your heart almost bursts at the action as your hands go to his messy curls.

He slowly pulls away first and rests his forehead against yours for a moment. His eyes are sparkling with happiness which makes a smile tug at the corners of your lips.

"They're nothing compared to you as far as I'm concerned. And I'll tell you forever that I don't give a damn. You're all that matters. I'll be the one to hold you when the nights are cold, the one who will support you through everything and the one who will always be by your side. I'm not going anywhere, darling. I don't care what anyone says." Shawn's voice breaks with emotion for a second and an overwhelming amount of love rushes through your veins.

This is the man you love with your entire heart and soul. You want to spend the rest of your days with him, start a family, experience life together. It didn't matter if anything stood in your way. Nothing would stop you from being happy and giving every ounce of love to the tall, curly headed man you adored. Even with being scared about announcing your relationship to the world, he somehow made you feel safe and calm while reassuring you that everything is going to be okay.

"I love you. More than anything." You mumble before nuzzling your face into the crook of Shawn's neck and pressing a kiss to his skin.

"I love you so much more, baby. And I promise that no matter what happens after we post these pictures, you will still have me. I'm yours for the rest of forever." Shawn responds sweetly, wrapping his arms around your body again and peppering kiss to the top of your head. "I don't mind going through hell if we have to. As long as I've got you, everything is perfect."

~~~~
~~~~

i am so insanely in love with this idea and how the whole imagine turned out!! it's just adorable and full of the cutest moments of love UGH

vote, comment & share! thank youu xx