Forever & Always

The fairy lights that were strung around the large ballroom illuminated everything in a beautiful golden glow. Music played just loud enough to create a fun atmosphere while our family and friends sparked up conversations with each other. Shawn's large hand was in mine, his thumb rubbing over my diamond ring, as we sat at the long table in front of everyone else and a soft sigh escaped my lips at how perfect everything was in this exact moment.

Our wedding day.

Shawn and I had been dating for just about four years when he finally popped the question but both of us knew the day we met, that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. The moment our eyes locked and his breathtaking smile blossomed on his pink lips as his cheeks became rosy, I knew he was the one. My soulmate. The man I was destined to meet and the one my heart would belong to forever.

The years I've spent with Shawn had been nothing short of magical and I almost couldn't believe the day had finally come that we were tying the knot. His last name was officially mine and it was a dream come true to be marrying the love of my life.

Despite the chaotic wedding planning we squeezed in during Shawn's last tour and the constant running around, the day had finally arrived and everything couldn't have been better. Suddenly, Shawn leaned over to leave a warm, loving kiss on my cheek, instantly snapping me out of my thoughts.

Turning my head to meet his gaze with a smile growing on my lips, his bright hazel eyes were glistening with love as an adorable smile spread across his face. He was glowing with happiness and just when I thought it was impossible to fall more in love with him, I felt my heart swelling at the sight of him.

My husband.

"Hi baby," I whispered, gently caressing his rosy cheeks and Shawn pressed a kiss to my palm. Over the years, Shawn had found simple little ways to silently say I love you without ever uttering the words and this was one of them. It started with him insisting on braiding my hair after every shower where he would delicately weave it perfectly while leaving gentle kisses on my neck. Or when he always threw my favorite hoodie of his in the dryer so it was extra warm and smelt like him. There were countless little things Shawn did to show his affection for me and I loved every single one of them.

"Hey honey," Shawn mumbled quietly, his eyes never leaving mine. His neatly styled curls had slipped from the hold of the gel and were now falling over his forehead perfectly. He still had his suit jacket on over his white dress shirt that was left a little unbuttoned at the top just the way I liked it. His gaze was full of adoration and with a gentle squeeze of my hand, my heart soared. "Can you believe this?" He asked quietly for probably the hundredth time tonight. He was in as much disbelief that one of his biggest dreams had finally come true as much as I was.

Shaking my head a little, a small giggle escaped my lips. "I can't. We've waited for this day for so long and it's finally here," I stated obviously, blush rising to my cheeks at the realization.

"I love you so much. I literally will never be able to say it enough. I love you," Shawn admitted, a sweet smile blooming on his pink lips before he leaned in to press a warm kiss to my forehead. The purest kind of kiss.

"I love you too Shawn. More than you'll ever know," My voice was gentle but Shawn heard every word just before the music stopped and a microphone was being tapped.

"Uh hey, hopefully this works." Brian muttered slightly confused as he looked at the microphone in his hands.

"Oh god," Shawn chuckled, intertwining our fingers again as I moved my seat closer to his.

"Okay!" Brian exclaimed decidedly, flashing a big smile to all our guests. "Hi everyone. For those of you who don't know me, my name's Brian. I'm Shawn's best friend and the best man for the wedding of this absolutely lovely couple," he paused as he gestured towards us and everyone clapped.