Nobody Compares

a/n: this is for @umheyimgrace! thank you for the request & hope you love it!

The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. One of the biggest events in fashion and Shawn was lucky enough to be one of the performers this year. No matter how many accomplisments he reached in his career since we've been dating, I was always so amazed by him. The venue was buzzing with pure excitement, waiting for the show to start and to see the models take the runway in stunning pieces.

My leg bounced nervously as I scanned over the large room and noticed Andrew quickly texting someone in his seat next to me. At Shawn's request, we were sitting in the front row between some of the most famous people in the world. The Kardashians were only seats away and Dylan Sprouse was seated next to me, talking with his friend about how excited he was to see his girlfriend, Barbara, walk down the runway. Shawn and I had been together for over three years and I still wasn't completely used to being surrounded by worldwide superstars.

"Are you sure you don't want to hang out backstage until Shawn goes on?" Andrew questioned, a slight tone of worry evident in his voice when he noticed how quiet I was and the anxious movement of my leg.

"No, no. I'm okay, it's just a little overwhelming. There are so many insanely famous people here and I kinda feel out of place. I'll go backstage after his performance like we planned," I confessed, taking a deep breath and giving Andrew a reasurring nod before smoothing out the fabric of my beautiful dress. Just as Andrew was about to speak, the familiar ding of a new text message sounded and I checked my phone. Almost like he knew, there was a text from Shawn.

Shawn: hey babygirl! just a reminder I love you so so much & I can't wait to kiss you a million times over when I get off stage. have fun out there with Andrew, I'll see you soon xx

Instantly, a wide smile spread across my lips as I read over his words. Even when he wasn't next to me, Shawn had a way of making me feel safe. All my nerves melted away as I swiftly texted him back before locking my phone and looking up again. "He's so glad you're here you know," Andrew said softly and my heart skipped.

"Huh?" I asked slightly confused at what he had said.

"Shawn. He's really happy you're here. Not that you would miss it for the world but he was so incredibly nervous about this for some reason and when he asked me to sit with you in the audience, I could just tell that he needed to see you out here as a reassurance. Before I left him backstage, he wouldn't shut up about how lucky he was. You really are his biggest supporter and I don't think he could do any of this without you." Andrew explained with a smile and I felt the warm, fuzzy feeling of love spread through my body.

"I don't even know how to respond to that. That's so sweet and I will forever be thankful for you and the team. You not only accepted me years ago when Shawn first introduced me but I know that he has the most amazing people around him all the time," I responded, blush creeping into my cheeks just at the thought of Shawn.

Suddenly, the lights in the venue went dark before a loud voice bursted through the speakers. "Welcome to the 2019 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show!!" Music started playing and the lights came up on the stage, revealing the runway and the first performer of the night, Bebe Rexha. Cheers exploded as the doors slid open and the models started taking their famous walks down the runway.

Each one reached the end where we were sitting and I couldn't help but be in awe of them. Not only were they completely stunning but the confidence they had to get up on a stage and strut in lingerie was impressive.

The show went on flawlessly and I completely forgot about all the slight anxiety that was rising in my chest before. Everyone here was supporting someone else just like I was. The show was sent to a commercial break but in the matter of minutes, a beautiful floral design bloomed on the stage and instantly recognized the tall figure walking on stage with a guitar in hand before he was announced.