Medicine

a/n: get ready for some serious TEARS!! this one is loosely inspired by "Medicine" by The 1975, this song helps me tremendously with my own anxiety when I need it most & it connects with this one well. it's attached so you can listen while reading, enjoy!

Alessia's beautiful voice floated backstage as I briskly walked through the hallway towards Shawn's dressing room. Her set was almost over which meant Shawn had about half an hour or so until he went on stage. We were in Glasgow tonight and it was an absolutely gorgeous city. One of the best parts about travelling with Shawn for tour was visiting cities I had only dreamed about stepping foot in.

"Glasgow! You've been incredible tonight, thank you! This last one is called 'Stay' and if you know the words, sing it with me!" Alessia exclaimed happily as the crowd exploded with loud cheers just as I reached the door labeled with Shawn's name.

Slowly turning the doorknob, the familiar room came into view and I immediately spotted the tall, curly headed figure of my boyfriend sat in front of an illuminated mirror scrolling through his phone and humming softly. A unstoppable smile bloomed on my lips at the sight of him. Without saying a word, Shawn noticed my presence and when his eyes met mine, his face lit up with pure happiness.

"Hey sweetheart," he said gently, placing his phone down and crossing the room to wrap me up in a warm hug and pressed a loving kiss to my lips. "I missed you." Shawn admitted, his rosy cheeks flushing a deeper pink with blush and his hands resting on my hips.

"Shawn, I was gone for like fifteen minutes. I promised Alessia I would watch her tonight," I explained with a smile as I played with Shawn's irresistible curls. His beautiful hazel eyes twinkled with a well known look and instantly, my heart swelled. "Cuddles? I know you're gonna ask," Shawn chuckled at my words, the sweet noise filling the room and sending a wave of happiness through my body.

"You know me so well. Of course, I can't go on stage without cuddles from my love," Shawn said bashfully, pressing multiple kisses to my cheek before pulling us to the couch in the middle of the room. Resting his head in my lap while wrapping his strong arms around my torso, the feeling of home filled my heart. I ran my hand through Shawn's curls to which a boyish smile grew on his pink lips. It was small moments like this that I realized how completely, utterly in love I was with this boy. Four years together and a future ahead of us, there was no one else I loved more than him.

Suddenly before we knew it, Andrew was knocking on the door calling for Shawn to let him know there was only ten minutes until he went on. Although he didn't want to, he slowly sat up on the couch and delicately cupped my cheeks before connected our lips in a soft kiss. My heart swelled with love and adoration at the small action. My hands went to his curls as Shawn smiled against my lips and held me close.

"Alright baby, I gotta go. Are you gonna watch in the audience tonight?" Shawn mumbled when we pulled away from the kiss. With a simple nod to answer his question, Shawn pressed one more kiss to my forehead before standing up. Heading to the closest, he pulled a pink button up shirt over his shoulders and sent me a playful look. Meeting him where he was standing, I slowly buttoned up the shirt and finished it with a light kiss on his cheek. Smirking, he tucked the shirt into his skinny jeans, never breaking eye contact. "How do I look?" Shawn questioned and I giggled.

"Handsome like always," I responded, my voice full of adoration as Shawn ran his hands through his curls one last time. The minutes were ticking down until he was set to walk on stage and I could tell the familiar excitement was coursing through his veins. "Hey babe, I love you so much." My voice was almost a whisper but Shawn caught every word and a look of love crossed his face.