Sweetheart

a/n: this imagine is based off Thomas Rhett's song "Sweetheart"!! you can listen to the song with the attached Youtube video while you're reading! it's a really cute song!

Shawn's hands rested firmly on my hips, my arms draped over his shoulders while our bodies swayed along to the music blasting through the speakers. The wedding buzzed around us; family members greeting others, friends laughing over inside jokes and the newly wed couple making their rounds through the large room. Shawn's cousin had chosen a beautiful spring day to get married and when Shawn has asked if I would attend with him, I smiled happily before nodding. Any excuse to dress up and spend the night with my longtime boyfriend was always fun especially when he was usually away from long periods of time.

Dressed in a simple black suit with a pure white button up shirt underneath his jacket and his brunette curls adorably falling over his forehead, Shawn looked amazing. Absolutely breathtaking. Shawn's face was only inches away from mine, so close I could see the small scar on his cheek sitting outside the fold on his smile. His hazel eyes twinkling happily under the many chandeliers and a fond but bright smile streched across his pink lips. Beneath the loud music, Shawn was humming along sweetly, his gaze locked on mine as we continued dancing together.

"What are you thinking about love?" Shawn asked suddenly, his brows furrowing slightly while he drew small circles with his thumbs on my hips. I shrugged, a small playing at my lips as I played with the curls at the nape of his neck.

"You," I admitted bashfully as Shawn's face split into a wide smile, the corners of his eyes crinkling. A soft chuckle escaped his lips, throwing his head back slightly and my heart swelled with love at the sight. Before either of us said anything else, Shawn closed the small space between our bodies and kissed me deeply. His muscular arms wrapped around my body as I melted into him. Breathless, we pulled away and I rested my forehead on Shawn's for a moment. "Everyone's looking at us babe." I giggled, my eyes glancing at the people dancing around us who were watching us.

"No, they're looking at you because you look absolutely stunning baby." Shawn said while his eyes travelled up and down my body. Shaking my head with a laugh, I pressed a kiss to his rosy cheek just as the song changed.

"What are you thinking about hmm?" I asked playfully, noticing the look in his eyes had changed to a concentrated but happy one. Shawn didn't hesitate any time to answer the question.

"I'm thinking about how glad I am that you came with me and about the day when this is our wedding." Shawn whispered, his voice covered in love as he spilled the contents of his mind with a shy smile. The topic of the future wasn't something Shawn and I avoided. We talked about it quite often, as our relationship was reaching the five year mark, but since the beginning, conversations of dreams, future plans and ideas together always happened. But the look in Shawn's eyes gave away that we were in new territory.

"Are you really?" I asked curiously, hoping he would continue telling me about what was buzzing through his mind. Shawn nodded, his eyes bright as he met gaze before pulling me in closer to him, my hands falling to his chest.

"Of course babygirl. The day I get to marry you will be the happiest day of my life. I've always said that but now that we're here at this wedding, it all seems so real that it's going to be us one day." Shawn spoke softly as my eyes flicked to my ring finger, the beautiful promise ring sitting perfectly like it has been for the last two years. Shawn removed his hands from my waist, placing them on top of mine against his chest before pressing a kiss to my forehead. Trying to process Shawn's words before I spoke again, nothing but loved filled my brain.

"I love you so much, you know that?" My voice was low beneath the music but Shawn's sweet smile spread across his lips before pulling me in for warm hug and leaving a lingering kiss on the top of my head. Resting my head on Shawn's chest, listening to his steady heartbeat as he rubbed his large hands up and down my back soothingly, I felt completely at home. "What's bringing all of this on anyway? We've always talked about the future but you have the glowing with love vibe radiating from you right now." I questioned, looking up to meet Shawn's eyes which immedaitely lit up happily.

"I don't know," Shawn shrugged sheepishly. "This morning I woke up to your sleepy smile like always and suddenly I felt like I hadn't told you in awhile how much you mean to me. You're my life, my dream, the reason behind every song I sing, my rock, my world, my forever and always. There's no one else on this world like you and I'm so lucky that you gave your heart to me. Every kiss is pure magic, making my heart swell and I fall to pieces around you. I knew the day I met you, my life would be changed forever and it has. I adore you Y/N. My heart has never known any feeling like the way you make me feel and I love you always sweetheart." Shawn explained throughly, pouring his emotions into his words like he was experiencing the feeling all over again. A small pool of tears pricked at my eyes as I cupped Shawn's rosy cheeks carefully before kissing him deeply, conveying every once of love and happiness in my body into the simple action.

"You're too pure for this world. I can't believe I get to love you every single day." I mumbled against his lips before kissing him sweetly again. When we both pulled away breathless, my heart swelled happily as I spoke again, one question ringing in my ears. "Sweetheart? That's a rare one. You almost never call me that, but I love it" My brows furrowing slightly as I tried to understand Shawn's words. His breathtaking smile appeared once again, making my heart warm and my stomach explode with butterflies.

"Yeah, I don't know why I don't." Shawn said, his cheeks flushing a deep pink with blush. "But really? You like it?" he asked nervously as if this was our first date and he was trying not to mess anything up. I slowly ran one of my hands through his messy curls while I nodded, a warm smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

"I do sweetheart." My voice was soft and filled with love as chuckled lightly, trying the nickname out myself. I watched Shawn's eyes glisten, his gaze never leaving mine. God, I am so in love with this boy.

"I can't wait to hear you hear you say that for real one day. I love you endlessly baby." Shawn whispered before connecting our lips again, his arms wrapping around me, our bodies entangled in each other as my skin lit on fire at Shawn's touch. "My sweetheart," his voice was sweet like honey as he gently caressed my cheek, his smooth skin against mine, causing my eyes to flutter close at his relaxing touch. My heart melted when I thought about the future with Shawn, knowing there was no one else and no other way, I'd want it.

~~~~
~~~~

first off, this song is on my list of potential wedding songs omg (Shawn has one on my list) and I literally love it so much! it's so pure and cute and basing an imagine on it was too adorable to pass up honestly. that picture of Shawn from the VMA's is one of the most stunning pictures of him. how can someone not fall in love with him???

requests are always open remember! send any ideas or anything my way & I'd gladly write an imagine for you. don't hesitate!

vote, comment & share!! thank youu xx