Forgotten Coffee & Jet Lag

"Shawn, it's three in the afternoon. You can't go to bed yet." You chuckle lightly as he leans heavily against your body in the elevator. Your hand instinctively runs through his long curls and Shawn hums appreciatively at your gentle touch.

"Mm, but I'm tired." He mumbled softly before wrapping his strong arms around your body and nuzzling his face in the crook of your neck. "Can we please just sleep when we get back?" The question fell off his pink lips just as the elevator stopped at the floor of the condo.

"Baby, if you want your sleep schedule to go back to normal, you've gotta stay up until later." You explain with a sweet smile and Shawn lifts his head up. His hazel eyes are filled with tiredness, but the familiar glint of adoration was still evident. Intertwining your fingers with his and leading him out into the hallway, Shawn followed behind with a pout on his face.

"But sweetheart, I don't wanna stay up. I wanna sleep. It's bedtime, right now." He whined, shaking his head slightly which made his chocolate curls fall over his forehead. Twisting the key in the doorknob and pushing the door open, you sigh lightly as Shawn stepped into the condo behind you.

Since arriving back home from the Australian leg of tour a few days ago, Shawn had been operating as if he was still in that timezone. Staying up throughout the nights and sleeping for a majority of the day. But today, you went out for brunch before just walking through Toronto again, something that started when the two of you first started dating.

The moment you sat down in the booth at the diner, you could see how exhausted Shawn was. Traveling from city to city on a continent on the other side of the world wasn't allowing him to get enough rest and all you wanted was for him to finally readjust to the correct sleep schedule.

"Do you want some coffee? That might help you stay up a little longer. I'll even let you pick the movie we watch if you drink just one mug." You asked quietly, a smile still on your face due to the sleepy boy in front of you.

Shawn simply nodded in response, snuggling into his hoodie. His eyes fluttered shut for a brief moment and you leaned up to press a warm kiss to his rosy cheek. "Go get comfy on the couch and pick what we're going to watch okay, bub?" With a peck to your lips, Shawn slowly trudged to the living room as you went to the kitchen.

Turning the coffee maker on and pulling Shawn's favorite mug out of the cabinet, the hot drink was ready in just minutes. Making a cup for yourself, you carefully took the two mugs from the kitchen counter and headed into the living room in search of your boyfriend.

"Shawn? Darling, I've got your coffee. Made just the way you like it as always." You say gently as you step into the room. Netflix was pulled up on the TV screen and the air was silent. Peering over the couch, you spotted Shawn laying on his stomach, arms holding a throw pillow close to his body and the remote held loosely in his tattooed hand. His curls were messy and his pink lips were parted just slightly as he breathed evenly.

A fond smile blossomed at the sight of how adorable he looked at this very moment. You delicately placed the mugs on the coffee table before reaching for the fuzzy blanket on the armrest and spreading it over Shawn. He immediately cuddled into the warm fabric which made your heart soar.

"Goodnight, love. We'll work on fixing your sleep schedule tomorrow." You whisper quietly with a light chuckle, pushing his curls back to place a tender kiss full of love to his forehead and letting him sleep the jet lag off.

~~~~

~~~~

thought this blurb was super cute & it's actually so soft?? I have another blurb like this to post & I'm currently working on another request which should be done soon (hopefully within the next two days) so stayed tuned!

requests are temporarily closed but will be open soon, I promise! just hold tight for a little bit & we will get there. thank you for your patience & support like always, you're all incredible!

vote, comment & share!! thank youu xx