Studio Confessions

Shawn sat on a black stool in the middle of the room gripping the acoustic guitar in his large hands, slowly strumming a chord. With a microphone set in front of him and the huge pair of noise cancelling headphones sitting atop the curly mess of long, brown hair on his head, he stared intently at placing his fingers in the correct places on the guitar. The warm, yellow light filled the studio around him and everything was peaceful. He was wearing a gray tshirt that his girlfriend of almost five years, Y/N loved on him, with the right sleeve rolled up, and his regular black skinny jeans. Readjusting the pick in his fingers, he played another chord before someone tapped his shoulder.

Balancing the guitar carefully on his lap and sliding the headphones off his ears, Shawn looked over his shoulder to see Camila standing behind him like she was awaiting an answer to a question. Turning around to face his good friend, Camila laughed.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" she asked crossing her arms. Shawn shook his head, raking his fingers through his curls as a light chuckle left his lips.

"No, sorry. The headphones block everything out," Shawn answered looking up at her.

"I was just wondering what you were playing? Those chords don't sound like anything we're recording for this song," curiosity filled her eyes as she nodded towards the guitar that still layed in his lap. Shawn felt his cheeks turn pink as he blushed almost immediately giving away the answer.

"Oh, nothing." he mumbled to himself but Camila wasn't dropping the subject.

"But it is something! What were you playing?" she asked again, pulling up an identical stool and sitting across from him.

"It's an idea for another song I have. But it has to be perfect because it's about Y/N and I want to show it to her. So I'm being really nitpicky about every single detail," the words fell off Shawn's lips while a shy but wide smile blossomed across his face as he adjusted the guitar again.

"Well that explains why I didn't recgonize it," Camila stated simply, watching Shawn fumble nervously with his fingers like he always did when he was nervous. "Shawn?" she asked cautiously.

"Yeah?" he looked up quickly, a few loose curls hanging over his forehead.

"What are you thinking about? Something is up. And don't say nothing because I know you too well," Camila asked suddenly worried. He ran his hand through his hair again before meeting her eyes.

"It's just, I- I miss her so much Camila. You have no idea. This is my sixth month away from home and everyday gets harder and harder. Not being able to kiss her or just wrap her up in a hug knowing that my entire world is right in my arms. I can't wipe her tears away when she cries because I'm miles away and my heart breaks every time I lay down in bed because she isn't there to snuggle up beside me before asking if I could sing to her. God, I didn't think it would be this hard. I mean, we've done this before and it was difficult but I hate being away from her for so long. FaceTime can only do so much, ya know? This tour is just killing me. I miss her more than words can even describe," Shawn spilled, wiping his tears away as they rolled down his rosy cheeks.

"Shawn," Camila muttered before placing the guitar that was in his arms on the floor and pulling him in for a hug. "It's okay. You'll be home before you know it and I know Y/N will be more than estactic to see you again. You really love her, huh?" she explained consoling Shawn as he continued to cry into her shoulder. He nodded softly and then suddenly pulling away, he met her eyes.

"Can I tell you something?" he asked quietly.

"Of course Shawn," Camila softly smiled. "You know you can tell me anything,"

"You have to promise not to tell anyone, okay? I mean absolutely no one and especially not Y/N," Shawn said with a serious tone in his voice.

"I promise," she responded waiting for Shawn to continue on.

"I bought a ring," Camila gasped as he spoke. "and I- uh, I plan on proposing when I get back home." Shawn sniffled as a smile played at his pink lips.

"Seriously?" a look of complete shock was displayed on Camila's face. Shawn chuckled a little before responding.

"More serious than I've ever been about anything in my life. I want to spend the rest of my life with her Camila. When I think of the future, she's always in it and having a family with her would be a literal dream come true. She's my whole world and I love her with my entire heart," Shawn explained meeting Camila's eyes again. His hazel eyes were filled with love and a look of complete happiness had begun to replace the tears that were falling moments ago.

"Aw, I'm so happy for you Shawn! You and Y/N were truly made for each other. I could tell the moment you first met her and immediately started rambling on and on about this beautiful girl you couldn't get out of your head," Camila laughed at the memory. "Do you have a picture of the ring?" she asked eagerly, clapping her hands together.

"Of course," Shawn chuckled, pulling his phone out of his pocket quickly scrolling through his camera roll. When he found the picture, he passed the phone over to Camila. Her eyes scanned over the screen and her free hand covered her mouth in shock.

 Her eyes scanned over the screen and her free hand covered her mouth in shock

"Shawn!! A Tiffany ring?? It's absolutely stunning ohmygod. She'll love it," Camila stuttered.

"Gotta treat my girl like the princess she is," Shawn mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. Camila handed his phone back and jumped up.

"Come here! I can't believe this! I came to the studio today expecting the usual recoding session not confessions from Shawn Mendes," Camila giggled reaching her arms to pull Shawn into another hug. "I'm so proud of you bud,"

"Thank you so much. But remember, you can't tell anyone and definitely not Y/N!" Shawn exclaimed giving Camila a serious look but laughing at the same time.

"I won't tell her or anyone else but I'm SO excited!" Camila practically squealed. "You're going to get married, wow."

"To the girl of my dreams," Shawn whispered thinking about the future with you.

~~~~
~~~~

OKAY, I thought this idea was absolutely ADORABLE and I loved writing it omg. It's just so cute and ahh okay. Shawn really owns my whole heart oops. Thank youu xx