Paradise

a/n: there was a comment on an update about a honeymoon imagine so here we go!! this one is also inspired by the song "Paradise" by Coldplay which is attached so you can listen while you read!

The late summer sunlight fell over Shawn's smooth skin as the beautiful smile I loved so much tugged at the corners of his lips. His cheeks were rosy like usual but this time from a tiny bit of slight sunburn and his mesmerizing hazel eyes were fixed on the horizon ahead of us. His chocolate brown curls were wildly messy, just the way I liked them best, from spending most of the day on the beach and from making love countless times under the sheets with heated but loving kisses.

With a guitar in his lap and the soft sound of waves crashing against the shore, the moment was perfect. Shawn's toned torso and chest were bare and I couldn't resist letting my fingers dance across the dimples and valleys of his body. A light breeze brushed past us making palm trees that stretched high into the sky away slightly.

The beach was practically empty except for the two of us cuddled up on the sand. Every so often, Shawn would strum a few chords and hum an unfamiliar tune which always makes the feeling of pure happiness course through my veins. Nothing in the world could be better than this right here.

Finally letting my eyes drop from admiring Shawn's face, I caught the new but elegant silver wedding band on his left ring finger glisten in the golden sunlight. My heart swelled with an unbelievable amount of love at the thought of how this man, the one I fell in love with years ago and continue to fall more and more for every single day, was finally my husband.

A slow but soft smile filled with pure love blossomed on Shawn's pink lips when he notices my fingers fumbling with his ring. Placing the guitar to the side, he silently leaned over to press a gentle kiss to my temple, his messy curls tickling my skin.

"What is it, darling?" Shawn whispered softly, his voice dripping in adoration as his beautiful eyes remained trained on me.

"Nothing," I admitted bashfully, playing with his long fingers and letting my thumb rub over the ring on his left hand. "Just can't believe how lucky I am. We're actually married Shawn, can you believe that? That's all I've ever wanted since the day I met you and look at us now. Falling more and more in love with each other everyday and ready to start our whole future together." My voice was soft as our gazes met but Shawn caught every word and his fond smile grew even wider.

Delicately, Shawn tipped my chin up a tiny bit and his large hands cradled my cheeks. He was practically beaming, nothing but happiness radiating off of him, and the sunlight twinkled in his eyes.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." He cooed sweetly, pressing a kiss to my lips between each of the meaningful phrases. A giggle rose in my chest as Shawn's lips connected with mine again, this time in a deeper kiss full of passion and genuine love.

"I love you so much more, handsome." I said in one breath, parting from his lips for a second to speak the words into the air. Shawn's rosy cheeks flushed a deeper pink with blush and I tangled my hands into his long curls before placing a light kiss on the tip of his nose, feeling my heart soar with adoration for the man in front of me.

Suddenly, in one swift movement, Shawn had pulled me into his lap so I was straddling him. His strong arms immediately wrapped around my bikini clad body and held me close. His caramel colored eyes were full of wonder and pure love and he didn't hesitate a second to press a warm kiss to my forehead.

Resting my hands on his toned chest, a little laugh escaped my lips at how absolutely perfect all of this was. The man of my dreams was mine and I couldn't believe how lucky I was to be the one who got to love him every single day.

Shawn chuckled adorably before reaching up to tuck a stray strand of hair behind my ear. "So beautiful." He mumbled quietly, his words almost swept away by the small breeze but I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

"What are you thinking about, love?" I asked curiously, noticing how all of his touches were oozing with extra affection.

"You," Shawn answered instantly, not wasting any time to confess what his thoughts were about. "You and how this is paradise. And not just because we're on some exotic island that's amazing but because I'm here with you on our honeymoon. All I can see right now is your gorgeous face and the sun setting behind you. If this isn't living the dream baby, then I don't know what is." He continued with a joyful smile, eyes sparkling with admiration.

"I've wanted this view forever. To have the most stunning girl in the world who I love more than anything sitting on my lap as the sun sets. And it's happening right now because of you, sweetheart. I love you so much." Shawn explained lovingly, leaving several tender kisses scattered on my face before finally connecting our lips.

Nothing but the feeling of home and love coursed through my veins at the simple action. Allowing my hands to travel back to Shawn's irresistible curls, I felt his settle on my waist as we both smiled into the kiss. It felt like pure magic, just as it did the first time.

Pulling away breathless but my heart filled to the brim, I couldn't resist wrapping my arms around Shawn's torso, cuddling into him.

"I love you. I will never be able to say it enough," My words were hushed under the gentle roaring of the waves in the distant but Shawn clutched onto them. Placing a warm kiss to his chest, I intertwined our fingers before pressing our sunkissed bodies back together.

Snuggling into Shawn as he continuously pressed kisses to the top of my head, both of our gazes on the horizon that was bathed in the beautiful colors of the sunset, everything was absolutely beautiful. Perfect. A literal dream come true.

He was right, this was paradise. But not in the way most people see it.

Paradise was anywhere with Shawn. Spending the day with the love of my life where lots of kisses were in involved and doing anything that was possible. As long as he was by my side, I'll always be the happiest woman on the planet and this was only the beginning.

~~~~
~~~~

an actual blurb style imagine wow!! not gonna lie, this one melted my whole heart writing it omg. it's just so fluffy & adorable, I can't. plus, this picture of Shawn on the beach with his guitar at sunset is HEAVENLY so enjoy.

requests are temporarily closed!! I got a bunch when I opened them on the last update so I'll catch up on them & they'll be open again soon! as always, thank you so much for all the support & love!

vote, comment & share!! thank youu xx