Caring For My Girl

this is for @TaraIsYummy! thank you for the request & i hope you love it! this became more of a blurb & hopefully it came out okay!

There was nothing Shawn hated more than seeing his girl like this. He knew first hand how crippling depression and anxiety can feel, but whenever you fell quiet and stayed in bed for days on end, he couldn't help but feel useless.

Over the last two years they'd been together, you had helped him through countless anxiety attacks and hopeless moments he never thought he'd make it through. You were his rock. Without you, he didn't know what he would do. He only wished he could do the same for you.

When Shawn walked into the silent condo for the fifth day in a row, he decided to try a little harder. He'd been giving you cuddles and kisses while whispering sweet words to you. He had cooked for you and always waited nearby in case you began crying and needed the comfort of his arms and voice. Knowing your limits, he didn't want to push too far. Shawn just wanted to see that beautiful smile of yours that he loved more than anything and to hear your joyful laugh full of happiness ring through the condo.

But everything that had helped in the past, was working this time.

"Hey sweetheart?" Shawn asked softly when he entered the bedroom. The sun was shining in through the large windows and you were still buried underneath a pile of warm blankets.

"Hm?" You hummed in response, barely peeking up at him and Shawn swore his heart broke at the sight. He desperately wished he could just magically make all the pain go away but that was impossible and all he could do was be there for you.

"Do you think you could maybe take a shower for me? I could take one with you if that's better but I think it's time you get up even if it's just for this." Shawn explained gently sitting on the bed and pushing a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"A shower?" You questioned in confusion for a moment before you reached up to touch your hair. "Oh, yeah." You whispered as you remembered you hadn't left the bed in almost five days, let alone showered.

"I'll braid your hair when you're done if you want." Shawn offered sweetly, knowing how much you loved getting your hair braided after a shower. You nodded before leaning into his touch.

"I'd love that, Shawn. Thank you." You kissed the inside of his palm and slowly sat up. Taking note of your appearance, you grimaced slightly and stepped towards the bathroom. You knew this wasn't easy for Shawn and you hated putting him through it. He deserved the whole world and the fact that he always took care of you when you fell into these spells, melted your heart.

The moment Shawn heard the water turn on, he quickly stripped the bed and made it with new sheets before rushing down to the laundry room to throw a few blankets along with your favorite hoodie of his in the dryer. He put the kettle on to make you a cup of tea just the way you liked and grabbed the book you had been reading recently and a random movie from the shelf before heading back up the stairs with his arms full.

By the time he had the movie all ready to play on the TV, warm blankets folded neatly with the hoodie on top, steaming cup of mug sitting next to your novel and glasses on the nightstand, you were emerging from the bathroom dressed in a fresh pair of leggings and an oversized tshirt. Your eyes wandered to your boyfriend sitting on the bed, who you noticed had a yellow scrunchie on his wrist, and then you spotted all the changes in the little things he had done since you stepped into the shower.

"Come here, baby." Shawn said softly, patting the space between his legs and reaching for your brush. A small smile blossomed on your lips and Shawn felt his heart soar. Happiness rushed through his veins at the familiar sight. You climbed into bed to settle between Shawn's long legs before delicately holding your tea in one hand and pulling up a few of the blankets.

Shawn pressed a tender kiss to your temple as he started brushing your hair to separate it into parts to be braided. His fingers were gentle and a comfortable silence fell over the room while you leaned back against his chest and Shawn frequently kissed the back of your neck. Slowly but surely you felt the looming cloud of sadness start to disappear.

"Bubs, I really don't deserve you. Thank you for this." You admitted quietly, pouring your emotions into each word. Tears pricked at your eyes just from the thought of how happy this boy makes you.

"I'm just taking care of my girl. Kinda part of my job. I love you with my whole entire heart and I'll do anything to make you happy and see that smile. If it's as simple as this, then so be it. I'd do anything for you, my love. Always want the best for you." Shawn replied sweetly, nothing but honesty and love evident in his voice.

"I love you. More than you'll ever know." The phrase tumbled out of your mouth as you leaned back to kiss Shawn. Your lips moved in sync with his as pure adoration surrounded both of you.

"I love you so much." Shawn mumbled into the kiss before holding you impossibly closer for cuddles as you settled in for a movie night with full hearts.

~~~~

~~~~

another update woo!! like always, i'm working on so many ideas so keep an eye out for them! thank you for your constant support & love, it means the world to me & seeing all your comments, votes & messages make my day! 

vote, comment & share!! thank youu xx