Please Don't Go

a/n: this is for @Bleach_boy! thank you for the request & I hope you love it! just a quick warning, violence is mentioned in this one but if you're not comfortable, feel free to skip!

Shawn's POV

The usual celebration after the show came to an adurpt end the moment my phone rang. Expecting nothing but a call from Aaliyah or Mum, I answered without checking the caller ID and my heart instantly stopped. Brian shot me a questioning look, trying to figure out what was happening without any words but the shock that was coursing through my veins made it hard to concentrate on anything.

"Hello, is this Mr. Mendes?" An unfamiliar voice spoke on the other end, my heart rate rising with each passing second.

"Yes, that's me." My voice was extremely shaky as I responded. For some reason, I had a bad feeling about this call. Some shuffling came through the call and it almost felt like I was holding my breath for whatever was coming next.

"y/f/n y/l/n was admitted to Toronto General Hospital earlier this evening and you are the first person on her emergency contact list. She's currently being taken care of and her injuries are not life threatening but if you're able to, it would be appreciated if you could come around." The lady spoke kindly as if everything was okay but my world stopped moving.

Y/N was in the hospital.

Immediately, I raked my brain in hopes of coming up with a solution on how to get home. The show tonight was in Ottawa so it wasn't extremely far away but far enough for my heart to break even further because it would be a few hours until I was at her side.

Some of Y/N's last words to me before I left for tour echoed in my mind. Please don't go. Her eyes were full of sadness as she tried to hold onto our last moments together before we were separated for months. It was as if she knew something exactly like this would've happened.

Tears began pooling in my eyes, a few slipping down my cheeks as I nervously ran a hand through my still sweaty hair from the show. My lungs were desperately grabbing for air to take a proper breath and I tried to piece together words to speak again.

"T-thank you. I'll be there soon." I stuttered, still trying to believe what was happening. The one question I wanted to ask rang through my mind and I knew I had to get an answer even if I didn't want to know. Noticing my hands were shaking terribly and the entire crew's eyes were glued to me, I took and deep breath. "What- what are her injuries from?" The question fell from my lips and Brian shot me an extremely worried look at my words.

"The doctors assessed her, ran multiple scans and tests but they declared her injuries are from a domestic violence issue. She will be okay." Her response knocked all the wind out of me and I tried to choke back a sob. My heart shattered into a million pieces at the realization of what most likely happened.

Y/N has been in a relationship for just about a year now but to say that it was going smoothly, was a lie. They had fights constantly due to the fact that his temper was uncontrollable and he would often come after her or yell strings of threats. It always ended with her at my doorstep, puffy eyes from endless crying and she would hug me tightly in an attempt to keep herself together.

We've been friends for as long as I could remember. Y/N moved to Toronto in middle school and she was assigned the empty seat next to me which led to an amazing friendship being born and lifetime of giggles following us through the years. I always had feelings for her but could never find the courage to tell her how I really felt.

And now, realizing what has happened, my blood boiled with anger for the fact that she deserved so much better than to be in a relationship full of hate and my heart ached because all I wanted to do was hold her while telling her it would be okay.