Injuries & Reassurance

a/n: this is for @Rosak1234!! thank you for the request & I hope you love it! also, I couldn't help but incorporate parts of the iconic video of shawn calling out that fan so here we go!

Crowds didn't scare you anymore. You had quickly gotten used to the large groups of fans who would gather in hopes to meet your boyfriend or even just catch a glimpse of him. You learned to hold his hand tightly so you couldn't get separated and found reassurance in standing to the side with security or his friends while he took some time to take a picture with every person in line.

And today was no different. Jake noticed the crowd gather outside the cafe just as Shawn pulled out a chair for you before sitting down with his coffee. He never minded the fans, he loved them in fact no matter what, but today you knew he was hoping for a quiet day out in the city even though that is close to impossible.

Any worry that was slightly evident in your mind about the arising situation outside seemed to disappear when you sipped on your hot chocolate, hand holding Shawn's across the table. Everything was calm and perfect, both your hearts full of love.

But the moment you stepped outside, tightly holding Shawn's hand, you could sense something was wrong.

The group was rowdier, hungry for every bit of Shawn's attention and that resulted in pushing and shoving. Phones waving in your face and the noise level increasing with every small step you took.

Taking a deep breath, you stepped closely behind Shawn, keeping your eyes on his jean jacket clad back. Like usual, he was politely asking for everyone to back up and give him some space but his words were drowned out by the yells and screams.

He continuously kept glancing back behind him to make sure you were still right there even though your hand hadn't left his. His beautiful hazel eyes were full of worry and his brows were furrowed, giving away that he was stressed about the situation.

"It's okay, Shawn. I'm okay. Just keep going and we'll be fine." You said into his ear, in hopes that reassuring words would calm his nerves. But suddenly, an overflowing amount of unease filled your veins.

Despite security almost surrounding you, the scene made you feel claustrophobic and the only thing you could to do was squeeze Shawn's hand.

This was the silent signal between the two of you usually for reassurance when the other was upset, but now you were using it to wordlessly tell him panic was rising in your chest.

Just as Shawn registered your touch, you felt a tug on your hair. Unable to figure out if it was done on purpose or if it was simply an accident, you shook it off and continued shuffling forward with Shawn.

A few yells of your name erupted from the crowd and you were being pushed around from the increasingly amount of people surrounding you. Desperately trying to keep your hand in Shawn's, you felt tears prick at the corners of your eyes as he slowly was pulled away by the large group of people.

"Y/N!" Shawn called, realizing you were out of his grasp, his heart immediately dropped and the only thing he was concerned about was making sure you didn't get hurt.

"Shawn! Baby, keep going! I'm okay," you tried screaming over the noise and Shawn seemed to have partially heard what you said, but started coming back towards you.

Keeping your focus on the wild curls of your boyfriend, another tug at your hair could be felt, and then a harder one which yanked your head backwards. A shoulder came into contact with yours, radiating pain through your arm and finally, you couldn't take it anymore.

You turned around to kindly ask the people behind you to just be a little more careful when the hurtful words were said and the next moment became a blur.