Nightime Sing Alongs

"Shawn?" My soft voice cut the silence of the dark bedroom in half. Shawn's arms tightened around my body slightly as his body shifted and his hazel eyes fluttered open. His brown curls were messy but perfectly spread across his forehead. His face was illuminated beautifully by the city lights that danced outside our window.

"Hmm?" Shawn hummed in response, pulling me in closer against his warm, bare chest. I ran my hands through his curls and a wide smile bloomed on his lips at my touch.

"I can't sleep," I admitted in defeat, resting my head on Shawn's chest listening to his heartbeat.

"Aw no. Why not babygirl?" Shawn mumbled sleepily, one his hands traveling to my face and pushing a strand of my hair back behind my ear.

"I don't know," my words seemed distant as I met Shawn's gaze, his eyes focused solely on me and his hand now cupping my cheek.

"What can I do?" He asked, his voice dripping in concern and love before pressing a sweet kiss to my forehead, then the top of my nose and then my lips. His large hands began rubbing up and down my back, immediately soothing me. Letting out a sigh, I placed gentle kisses up his jawline before speaking again.

"Can you sing to me?" I suggested, playing with his curls as his lips pulled up in a sweet smile. He gently nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck for a moment and my heart began to soar with happiness as my skin erupted in fireworks in every spot where Shawn's skin was pressed against mine.

"What song princess?" Shawn asked curiously, tracing circles onto my arm. My brows furrowed in thought as I went through every song imaginable. Finally, I settled on the perfect pick.

"One Direction's 'Truly Madly Deeply'?" (a/n: this song is literally a blessing, it's attached so pls go listen to it omg), I spoke quietly, looking up at Shawn who had a huge smile plastered on his face. Pressing a lingering kiss to my forehead, Shawn leaned over to switch on the lamp on his bedside table before looking back at me.

"Want me to play or no?" Shawn chuckled gesturing to his guitar sitting in its stand on his side of the room before propping himself up on his elbow and watching me intently. I met his loving gaze and shrugged.

"Up to you babe. I know you love playing but I think I just wanna hear your voice tonight," the words left my lips with a smile as I cupped Shawn's cheek in my hand, gently rubbing my thumb across his soft skin. His brown curls were fell messily over his forehead, making my heart skip a beat just at how handsome he looked even now.

"No guitar tonight," Shawn whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead with a smile that was so wide, the corners of his eyes crinkled. "Just me and you?" He double checked, his eyes twinkling with love. I nodded and snuggled closer into Shawn's warm body. "Maybe one day, I'll actually get Niall to sing this for you since you love the song so much," he chuckled at how easy it would be to call his good friend up and sing one of his old songs.

"Maybe at our wedding or something," I laughed at Shawn's words but couldn't help but smile at his thoughtfulness and humor. "Just sing baby." I whispered, placing my head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat as Shawn's large hands rubbed up and down my back, instantly soothing me.

"I'll text him tomorrow and let him know." Through Shawn's words, I could hear his large smile before he took a deep breath. "Alright, ready babygirl?" Once again, I nodded against his warm skin, my heart filling with warmth. The busy city of Toronto moved outside the windows as Shawn's soft and smooth voice filled the room. "Am I asleep, am I awake, or somewhere in between? I can't believe that you are here and lying next to me. Or did I dream that we were perfectly entwined? Like branches on a tree, or twigs caught on a vine?" The lyrics fell off Shawn's lips easily as the sweet melody filled the bed room.

"Like all those days and weeks and months I tried to steal a kiss and all those sleepless nights and daydreams where I pictured this.
I'm just the underdog who finally got the girl and I am not ashamed to tell it to the world," Shawn continued on as I pulled away from him, meeting his mesmerizing hazel eyes and memorizing every detail about this face. His perfectly pink lips, his rosy cheeks, the way his eyes sparkled with love and the fond smile that was plastered on his face.

"Truly, madly, deeply, I am foolishly, completely falling. And somehow you kicked all my walls in. So baby, say you'll always keep me.
Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love with you, in love with you." My voice mixed with Shawn's as we sing the lyrics of the chorus together, wrapped up in each other arms. I lightly brushed Shawn's cheek when the word love left my lips and instantly, my heart warmed with happiness.

Settling back under the covers and cuddling against Shawn as sleep slowly settling over me. Shawn's voice halted for a second and his words cut through the melody we had created. "So it's a sing along tonight?" He chuckled lightly, humming the tune to himself as he pressed a soft kiss to my forehead. I shrugged sleepily, looking up at him.

"Maybe. Just keep going love," I spoke quietly, watching my boyfriend's smile grow even wider at this simple moment. "I love you." My words sound distant as my body slips under sleep as Shawn slightly tightens his arms around me.

"I love you too baby. Goodnight," Shawn whispered before continuing with the second verse of the One Direction song. "Should I put coffee and granola on a tray in bed and wake you up with all the words that I still haven't said? And tender touches, just to show you how I feel or should I act so cool like it was no big deal? Wish I could freeze this moment in a frame and stay like this. I'll put this day back on replay and keep reliving it. Cause here's the tragic truth if you don't feel the same. My heart would fall apart if someone said your name" Shawn finished singing beautifully before his eyes closed peacefully with sleep, the night settling over the two of us, completely in love with each other.

~~~~
~~~~
this one isn't too good??? idk. I have SUCH AN AMAZING IDEA for the next imagine so keep an eye out for the update (it will most likely be between today & tomorrow)!!

requests are always open! don't ever hesitate to reach out if you have an idea, I'd love to write it for you!

vote, comment & share!! thank youu xx