PJ's & Baby Talks

Board games were spread out across the coffee table with snacks and cups of hot chocolate teetering on the edge. Small children played with their teenage cousins while bouncing along to the constant stream of music that filled the house. The kitchen was crowded with parents who were laughing over glasses of wine as the mothers helped make dinner while the fathers gathered around to talk about the news. The house was bursting at the seams with life and smiles. It was Thanksgiving at the Mendes'. Every year after dinner, the adults always went out as a group to go Black Friday shopping while the kids camped out in the house to watch movies in their pj's which is where Shawn and I always ended up.

Already dressed in his flannel pajama pants and a black long sleeve shirt, Shawn leaned against the kitchen counter facing me, beer in one hand and a wide smile playing at his pink lips. The kids and numerous cousins filled the connected livingroom with noise while the kitchen bubbled with multiple conversations.

"What?" I asked curiously, eyeing Shawn with a playful tone in my voice. He shrugged before taking a sip from the bottle in his hand.

"Just can't get over how beautiful you are." Shawn admitted, blush rushing to his cheeks giving them the usual rosy color that I love so much. Rolling my eyes bashfully, I took a step closer to him and pressed a sweet kiss to his lips. He hummed into the kiss softly before we pulled away and his eyes widened.

"Babe! My parents are right there," Shawn breathed out, his eyes flicking over to corner of the kitchen where Karen and Manny were standing. A soft giggle escaped my lips at his reaction before I ran my hands down his chest.

"Shawn, we've been dating for four years. This isn't anything new." I laughed, running my hand through his curls and meeting his gorgeous hazel eyes. His breathtaking smile appeared on his face again before he kissed my forehead warmly.

"Shawn! Can you come here for a minute?" Karen suddenly called, waving Shawn over with a bright smile. Placing his beer down on the counter behind him, he mouthed a quick 'be right back' before pulling away and taking a few long strides to meet his parents. The three of them started talking happily about an unknown topic to me and just as I went to find Aaliyah, I heard Shawn yelling my name. Turning around and quickly spotting his tall, curly headed figure standing by his parents, I headed in his direction.

Manny and Karen each pulled me in for another hug when I stopped next to Shawn's side. My heart soared happily and when I pulled away, Karen finally spoke. "Hello again Y/N! We're so happy you're here." Manny nodded in agreement with Karen's words and I felt Shawn's hands on my shoulders. Karen set her wine down and gently placed her phone in my hands. Confusion washed over my face when I met her eyes. "Could you take a picture of all of us? Shawn insisted it was you that took it and with him leaving soon for tour, we have to take at least one picture together." Karen explained with a smile. Just as I nodded in response before speaking, Shawn hugged me tightly from behind and kissed my cheek happily.

"Shawn," I whined slightly with a giggle. "But of course I'll take a picture for you!" Manny took a sip of his beer before opening his arms widely. Pulling Karen in closely and wrapping his arm around her while they both leaned one arm against the counter, Shawn squatted in front of them, putting his hand on his mom and dad's arm.

"Okay, ready?" the question fell off my lips as I held the phone in front of me and the three of them all flashed wide, loving smiles when I pressed the button to capture the adorable moment in multiple frames. Karen broke away first, taking her phone from my hands carefully and scrolled through the pictures with Manny and Shawn looking over her shoulders.

"I love them aw! Thanks so much Y/N," Karen thanked me, practically beaming as she sent the pictures to Shawn. "Alright, we're all gonna head out for Black Friday shopping, you're both okay with staying home with the kids?" Shawn nodded confidently at his mom's words and intertwined our fingers.