Insecurities

a/n: this imagine is loosely based off of "Mirrors" by Niall Horan which is attached so you can listen to it while you read! it's one of my very favorites of Niall's and it fits perfectly for this one so enjoy!

I stared back furiously at my reflection in the full body mirror that was positioned against a wall in Shawn and I's bedroom. The beautiful gown that I was wearing to the Armani launch event that I was attending with Shawn in a few hours, laid neatly over the perfectly made king sized bed, completely untouched. A light sigh escaped my lips as I rested my hands on my hips, puckering my lips sourly. Dressed only in my favorite white lace bra and underwear set from Victoria's Secret which Shawn had gotten for me, my eyes traveled up and down my body unhappy with what I was seeing.

My self confidence had grown tremendously since I started dating Shawn almost four years ago but there were still moments where I found myself disappointed that certain parts of my body looked the way they did. Shawn constantly reminded me that I was perfect and that no matter what, my body was gorgeous. After I broke down one time due to the haunting insecurities in my mind as Shawn and I were getting intimate, he always peppered every part of my body with loving kisses every time I felt self conscious.

But today, no matter how much I tried to convince myself, every single one of my insecurities was extremely evident.

Dropping my arms to my side in defeat, I tilted my head sideways hoping that a different angle would make me feel better. Instantly, I shook my head and met my own gaze in the mirror.

"Baby? Are you ready?" Shawn asked softly, suddenly appearing in the doorway and I blushed at the fact that I was standing in the room dressed in nothing but my underwear, even though it was nothing new to him. Shawn smiled adorably at the sight of me and entered the room, closing the door behind him again.

The chocolate curls that sat atop his head were styled back neatly thanks to the help of his talented stylist, Tiffany. His cheeks were rosy with blush and his honey colored eyes danced lovingly when he met my gaze. A gentle but happy smile played at his pink lips and I noticed as he stuffed his hands in his pockets, that his suit jacket was already buttoned up, his outfit complete. My heart seemed to stop just looking at the man in front of me. The warm feeling of love spread through my entire body and Shawn just smiled innocently, no idea how he was making me feel.

"Hey love," I mumbled, crossing my arms becoming aware of the huge surge of insecurity coursing through my body. Shawn's brows instantly furrowed in confusion and concern as he tried to figure out what was going on. Pulling my eyes away from his, I glanced in the mirror one last time before reaching for the gown on the bed.

"Y/N," Shawn trailed off, putting all the pieces together and quickly crossing the room with a few long strides. "Hey, what is it?" he whispered, gently lifting my chin up to meet his eyes and my heart swelled at the simple touch. After being together for so long, Shawn knew everything about me. When something was bothering me or when I was so excited about something that I almost couldn't hold it in. He was always there, ready to listen, but he figured me out so easily. I let out a small sigh as Shawn pressed a warm kiss to my forehead, placing his large hands on my arms.

"I- it's stupid and we're gonna be late." I spoke quietly, trying to shrug off the annoying feeling but Shawn was persistent. Cupping my cheeks in his hands, he began peppering my face with hundreds of sweet kisses which immediately earned him a giggle that escaped my lips.

"It. Isn't. Stupid. And. I. Don't. Care. If. We're. Late. I'm. Right. Here." Shawn spoke between kisses, filling my heart with love at how much he cared for me. It never failed to amaze me how much he loved me even though Shawn never let me forget it. Smiling widely, I caught his lips in a delicate kiss as my hands played with the curls at the nape of his neck while he pulled me closer to him.