No One Else Like You

The soft noise of the zipper pulling the dress together filled my ears before I felt two hands gently pat my back. A light sigh left my lips as I spun around, the dress pooling around my feet on the floor, the train falling behind me perfectly. "Thank you so much!" I exclaimed happily hugged the stylist who was smiling widely at me. "You are truly amazing and you never fail to make me look gorgeous." A smile stretched across my lips.

"Y/N, you always look fantastic! I practically do nothing." The stylist laughed, pulling away from the hug. The bright sunlight and golden wash of the lights in the room illuminated the small spaces perfectly. Large windows covered one wall as the comfortable furnished room spread out in front of me. I turned around towards the full body mirror that displayed my appearance. The baby pink silk dress was sleeveless, strings tied across my back and it hugged my body in all the right places. The fabric touched the floor while the train laid perfectly behind me. My loose curls fell over my shoulders, perfectly styled and a smile played at the corners of my lips.

 My loose curls fell over my shoulders, perfectly styled and a smile played at the corners of my lips

Rubbing my hands down the dress in satisifcation, I met my stylist's eyes in the mirror. "Do you think I made the right choice for an event as big as this? I mean this is the Met Gala we're talking about." I asked suddenly nervous about the dress I chose to wear. The stylist shook her head furiously, a small frown stretching across her lips and walked up to stand next to me.

"No way. This was the perfect choice for tonight! You look drop dead gorgeous and Shawn will honestly be speechless when he sees you." She rubbed her hands up and down my arms encouragingly. I mouthed a silent "thank you" before turning away from the mirror. 

"Can I see him yet or is he still getting ready?" I asked curiously, hopeful that I would be able to see my longtime boyfriend again. Shawn and I had parted ways early this morning to prep for the event and to get ready for the carpet. It had been hours of hairspray, makeup brushes and final dress fittings and all I wanted was to see Shawn again. My stylist glanced at her watch quickly before meeting my eyes.

"He should be ready. Let me go get him for you!" she said excitedly, walking towards the door of the hotel suite. I nodded with a soft smile as she opened the door, sent a wink my way before leaving me in the room by myself. I crossed the room to another full body mirror standing near the large windows to take one last look at my dress. The playlist that had been playing for the last few hours played lowly throughout the room as I spun in front of the mirror, the dress fanning out around me. A little squel escaped my lips when I looked at my reflection, happiness washing over my face. I was actually going to the Met Gala with the love of my life and I couldn't be more excited. 

I gently began humming along to the current 1975 song that was playing as I playfully started dancing in front of the mirror. Confidence rushed through my veins as my lips pulled up in a smile while my dress moved with my body. Suddenly, I heard the quiet click of the door and spun around to face the front of the room. There, standing in the middle of the room was Shawn dressed a deep maroon suit with a wide smile on his lips, his hazel eyes sparkling with adoration.