Not Much Longer

a/n: this is for Cycloneelle !! Thank you for such a cute request, hope you love it!!

Shawn's POV

A bright smile played at my lips as I laid eyes on the smaller line forming outside my hotel, just a few hours before my show later tonight. The European leg of my long world tour was coming to a close and finishing it out in London was amazing. No matter when I visited, this city always felt like home and I couldn't wait to play the last show tonight before a little break.

Pulling a gray long sleeve shirt over my head, zipping up my black skinny jeans and putting my favorite pair of boots on, I quickly styled my messy curls before grabbing my phone and room key. I texted Jake that I would meet him downstairs to meet the fans outside and left the room, entering the quiet hallway and headed for the elevators. When the doors slid open, I saw the busy lobby in front of me but easily spotted Jake standing by the front doors, eyeing the line outside.

"Hey Shawn! All set? I already explained the basics to them so they're all lined up and ready for you," Jake explained when he noticed me walking up to him. I nodded enthusiastically before Jake acknowledged my response and pushed open one of the glass doors that lead outside. The city noises of London flooded my ears as I walked into the sunlight and gently waved to the fans with a happy smile on my lips. There were only about thirty fans in line which was smaller than usual but I began talking to the first girl in line, my heart full of gratefulness and love.

After multiple pictures and different conversations with each person waiting, I was nearing the end of the line. A radiant smile was plastered on my lips as I moved down the line and talked with each of the fans before hugging them and continuing.

"Hi honey. How are you?" I asked softly, holding my hand out instinctively for her phone. She was third from the end and when I met her eyes, butterflies erupted in my stomach and it felt like all the breath in my lungs had been knocked out of me. She was gorgeous, absolutely stunning and something about her was making my heart feel all warm and fuzzy.

Her hair was up in a messy but somehow perfect bun and a pair of round glasses sat on the bridge of her nose, framing her mesmerizing eyes. She was wearing blue jeans and a black hoodie and even though it was such a simple outfit, she wore it like a red carpet look. Just by looking at her, I could tell she was shorter than me but just the right height to rest her head on my chest in a hug. A thousand thoughts were racing through my mind and it seemed like the rest of the world had fallen away, as if it was just the two of us.

"Hi Shawn," She answered slightly nervous but a wide smile was blooming on her lips. "Could I- uh hug you?"

"Yes, of course!" Immediately, I wrapped my arms around her body and pulled her in closely against me. Tucking my head into the crook of her neck, she held me tightly in a warm hug and I couldn't help the happiness coursing through my body. She rested her head on my shoulder and for a moment, I never wanted this to end. "What's your name?" I asked curiously as we started to pull away from the embrace and she carefully handed me her phone.

"Y/N," she responded simply and my heart fluttered at the sound of her voice.

"That's such a pretty name. I love it," As soon as the words left my lips, I felt blush rush into my cheeks as Y/N giggled and covered her smile, almost in embarrassment but her cheeks flushed pink too. Realizing there were still a few girls in line, I wrapped my arm around her and she leaned into me, laying her hand on my chest as I raised my other arm with her phone in my hand to snap the picture. Y/N flashed a breathtaking smile and I matched hers just as I took the selfie. "Thank you so much hun," I said sweetly, handing her phone back and meeting her gaze.