Grocery Store FaceTimes

The coldness of the diary aisle was seeping through my soft tshirt as I desperately tried to remember what ice cream my girlfriend had sent me out for. There were a thousand different containers and cartoons lined up in the coolers but each one looked the same. People passed me by all on their way to get the things on their list so they could head home again. I stared ahead at the colorful containers before sighing.

"Ugh." I muttered to myself adjusting the half full basket of groceries to my other arm and pulling my phone out of my jeans pocket. Unlocking it and pressing the small green app button with a camera on it, I tapped Y/N's name at the top of the list. The familiar sound of the FaceTime call left my phone's speakers as I patiently waited for Y/N to pick up. After only a few rings, the call connected and the screen changed, my beautiful girlfriend's image on the phone. "Hi sweetheart!" I smiled at the camera.

"Hey love. Is everything okay?" She asked concerned squinting slightly at the screen. I nodded quickly.

"Everything's good. I just forgot what ice cream you wanted," I stated, feeling the blush creep into my cheeks as I placed the basket on the floor next to my feet. A wide smile spread across Y/N's lips as she snuggled deeper into the blanket she was under on the couch.

"You're too sweet. Mint chocolate chip. How'd you forget?" I shrugged watching her laugh through the phone. "How long have you been standing in that aisle freezing?" Y/N gestured to my black tshirt, her eyes twinkling.

"Probably close to twenty minutes now," a soft chuckle left my lips. I opened the large door to one of the freezers and pulled our a carton of ice cream. Flipping the camera around, I held the ice cream out in front of me to show it to Y/N. "Is this good?"

"Nooo, where'd you go?" Y/N whined noticing the camera wasn't on my face anymore. "Shawnnn," she drew out my name, completely ignoring my question.

"Baby, the faster you help me pick out this ice cream the faster I'll be home to cuddle with you." I said, the corners of my lips pulling up in a smile. Immediately, Y/N's face lit up with happiness and stared intently at the phone.

"Okay, okay." She focused on the ice cream I still had on the camera. "Not that one. Do they have Ben & Jerry's?"

"Umm..." I trailed off, flipping the camera towards my face again, picked the basket up and walked down the aisle until I spotted the familiar containers of Ben & Jerry's. "They have mint chocolate chip. Do you want that one?" I asked reaching into the freezer to grab the cold pint.

Y/N laughed through the phone and nodded. "Yeah. Can you get two? One for me and one for you?" She asked softly, pulling the cover closer around her. Just as I nodded and reached for another pint before dropping them both in the basket, I heard a voice saying my name. "Who's that?" Y/N leaned in closer to the phone.

"I don't know," I stated simply heading down the aisle, phone in one hand and basket in the other. Suddenly, Y/N laughed sweetly and I focused on my phone.

"Shawn, it's probably your fans. You're in the store with me on FaceTime while shopping for ice cream. They're probably freaking out about how cute it is," she explained with a smile that never failed to take my breath away.

"What's cute?" I asked confused as I continued to walk towards the front of the store where the registers were located.

"You FaceTiming me to see what kind of ice cream I wanted," Y/N giggled, her eyes dancing playfully as she met my gaze through the phone.

"But I do this all the time. What do you mean?" The words fell off my lips with a shy smile before Y/N spoke again.

"I know but it's absolutely adorable and I love it. Seriously though, hurry home Shawn. I want your cuddles and ice cream," Y/N pouted and a soft chuckle escaped my lips.

"I love you babygirl," I said happily, placing the basket on the floor at the open self checkout register.

"I love you too," she answered softly, blowing me a kiss. "Thanks for calling me."

"There was no way I was coming back home with the wrong ice cream." I laughed, scanning the few items the basket contained and paying. "Hold on one sec love," two fans approached me as I exited the store. The two girls asked for a picture and I flashed a smile as I stood behind them for a selfie.

"Wait, can I say hi?" Y/N's voice left the speakers on my phone as the FaceTime call continued.

"Is that your girlfriend?" One of the fans asked. I nodded with a smile, feeling my cheeks heat up with blush.

"Yeah. I FaceTimed her because I wanted to make sure I got the right ice cream," as soon as the words fell of my lips, the two girls simultaneously let out an "aw".

"Told you," Y/N pointed out with a laugh. Rolling my eyes, I flipped the phone around so the camera was facing the two girls and they could see the screen holding Y/N's image. "Hi!!" She said enthusiastically, waving at the two girls still snuggled up in her blanket. They talked for a moment before the girls headed on their way and I entered the parking lot, unlocking the Jeep.

"Okay baby, I'll be home in five minutes. Don't start another movie without me!" I smiled at the camera as I got in the driver's seat and placing the bag on the floor.

"See you soon love. Thank you again. I love you," Y/N said quietly, a fond look in her eyes as she shot me another gorgeous smile.

"Anything for you princess. I love you too. See you in a minute," I answered before Y/N ended the call and I headed home, ready for a night with the love of my life filled with cuddles, love and Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.

~~~~
~~~~
okayyy not sure how I feel about this one. it didn't come out the way I wanted it to but it's fine. more updates are coming & I've got some really good ideas so keep an eye out for them!!

vote, comment and share!! thank youu xx