Heart To Heart

a/n: this is for @Cycloneelle! thank you, yet again, for another amazing request! I love you & I hope you love this one!

Shawn's POV

"Daddy! Daddy!" A tiny voice whispered in the silence as a small hand pressed against the bare skin on my back. "Daddy, wake up!" Sky said again, pushing harder against me and sleepily, my eyes opened to the sunlit bedroom. Y/N was fast asleep in my tight hold but carefully, I pulled my arms away from her body. Instantly feeling the loss of my warmth, she snuggled further into the blankets and I slowly turned towards my four year old daughter who was standing on my side of the bed.

"Hey Sky, why are you so excited this early?" I said quietly, hoping Y/N wouldn't wake up. Sky smiled adorably and placed her hands on the bed while bouncing up and down slightly.

"It's Valentine's Day Daddy. We have to make Mommy a card!" She explained excitedly, her beautiful eyes bright with happiness. A soft smile bloomed on my lips at the sight of her and I gently ruffled her hair. She was wearing her favorite pink pajamas and it clearly didn't bother her that it was eight in the morning on a Saturday. "Come onnn," she grabbed my right hand and glanced at the intricate bird tattoo on my skin before playfully pulling my arm to get me out of bed.

"Okay, okay. But we have to be extra quiet. Mommy is really tired from being up with Hayden last night so shh," I said playfully, raising a finger to my lips to shush her and a light giggle escaped her lips. Slowly sitting up and pulling a tshirt over my head, I gently held Sky's hand and we tiptoed out of the room. Pulling the door closed behind me, I led Sky down to Hayden's nursery where I found the almost one year old baby babbling happily in his crib.

"Morning bubba! Your sister is pretty excited about making a card for Mommy so we're gonna help her." I gushed sweetly, lifting the little boy out of the crib and settling him against my hip. His tiny hands grabbed at the fabric of my shirt and he smiled adorably. With Sky's hand in mine again, I held Hayden close to me as the three of us headed downstairs to the kitchen.

Sky skipped into the living room and grabbed her beloved art kit before following Hayden and I. Carefully placing him into his high chair, I turned back to Sky and lifted her up to sit on one of the tall chairs around the kitchen island.

"Alright cutie, what do you have in mind for this card?" I questioned Sky as I made myself a cup of tea and she started pulling out a rainbow assortment of colored markers.

"We're going to draw lots and lots of hearts because I love Mommy so so much. And then maybe you can write all of our names? Even Hayden's?" Sky explained, looking at me intently as I leaned against the kitchen counter.

"That sounds like a perfect idea. Do you wanna listen to your Disney princess songs while we make this card?" A wide smile stretched across my lips as the question entered the air and Sky nodded quickly.

"Yes!" She exclaimed with a small clap, careful not to make too much noise. Hayden babbled at his sister's reaction and with a chuckle, I pulled up Sky's favorite playlist and a song from Moana began playing. Grabbing my mug of hot tea and Hayden's soft cereal bites, I took a seat at the chair that was between Sky and Hayden's high chair and focused on the construction paper and art supplies that were scattered across the island.

Sky held up a baby pink piece of paper and flashed a goofy smile as her eyes sparkled blissfully. "Can you fold this for me? Hamburger style?" She asked and I laughed at the term that she had learned at preschool about folding paper different ways. With a nod, I delicately took the paper from her hands and folded it in half as she watched my movements.

Sliding it back to her, Sky thanked me before singing along to the song and reaching for a red marker. Hayden shoved his little cereal pieces into his mouth while swinging his legs and I couldn't help but laugh. "What are you doing huh? Having fun?" I cooed as Hayden laughed sweetly, filling the room with happiness. His brown curls, that were completely identical to mine, fell over his forehead and I pushed them back while he watched everything happening around him.