All The Little Things

a/n: this is for CanadianAngel17 ! thank you for the request & I hope you love it!

"Okay this one is the Saint Laurent one you really liked. It's tailored perfectly and it's red the way you wanted instead of the blue!" Tiff said excitedly, as she carefully unzipped a large dress bag that held the gorgeous ball gown. Pulling the hanger away from the bag, the beautiful dress was revealed and I instantly fell in love with it all over again.

"Ooh I can't wait." I smiled widely as Tiff slowly unzipped the dress and helped me step into the fabric.

Today was a fitting day that was full of trying on all the custom fit dresses that Tiff and I had picked out only a few weeks ago for the Met Gala. It was nerve wracking to say the least. Hundreds upon hundreds of insanely stunning dresses from the world's most famous fashion designers were at my pick. Shawn let me choose the designer and color mostly because he wanted to be surprised but he also knew nothing about fashion in the slightest sense.

So after trying on gown after gown, I finally found the strapless Saint Laurent princess style one that caught my eye. Tiff zipped the dress up and as soon as the gentle fabric pooled around my feet and I turned to look in the mirror, my breath was practically stolen away.

It was decided then and there that would be the dress I wore. Shawn chose a matching Saint Laurent suit and we had our measurements taken before Tiff told us that both of our outfits would arrive within the next two weeks.

When Shawn got the text from his stylist this morning, asking for the two of us to come in for a fitting, I almost jumped with joy. Since trying the dress on the first time, I had been so giddy about wearing it again but this time tailored perfectly just for me.

With nothing but a bright smile and a thousand kisses from Shawn, we parted when we arrived at a dressing room Tiff reserved for us. I hadn't seen him since we walked through the door earlier but stepping into the absolutely gorgeous ball gown again practically felt magical and that was the only thing I was focused on.

Except when Tiff pulled the zipper up and secured the little clasp on my back before spinning me around to face the multiple mirrors. Something didn't feel right. The dress was still magnificent in all the ways it had been when I first wore it and as I smoothed out the fabric, a small smile full of happiness bloomed on my lips.

I looked like an absolute princess. The dress fit perfectly thanks to the custom fitting and wearing such an elegant piece of clothing made me feel amazing. The gown pooled around my feet as the bodice hugged my torso while accentuating my chest and curves a little bit, something I knew that would drive Shawn crazy. Everything about it was incredible.

Yet, when Tiff offered her hand to help me step off the pedestal to slip into a matching pair of heels, tears started to well up in my eyes. An overwhelming amount of emotion flooded my heart as my eyes remained glued to the mirrors as I put the shimmery high heels on.

Every imaginable insecurity was filling my mind and even though I loved how I looked and felt in this dress, the contradicting thoughts wouldn't leave.

Suddenly, my hips seemed way too curvy and I couldn't stand how my stomach looked in the tight bodice. My arms didn't look flattering anymore and I couldn't help but scrutinize every little detail about myself.

"Alright! Look at you! The Met Gala isn't gonna know what hit them this year," Tiff exclaimed cheerfully with a little clap of her hands after she helped me back onto the pedestal to observe my final look. But the happy expression on her face faded instantly when she noticed the tears pooling in my eyes and the unsatisfied look crossing my facial features. "Hey, what's up? Is everything alright?" she asked tentatively, gently placing her hand on my arm as she looked at me with worry.