All That Matters

a/n: this is for BlinkArmyStay !! thank you for the request & I hope you love it and have a great birthday! there is a small trigger warning for the mention of sexual assault but it isn't heavy, just the mention of it. if you're not comfortable reading this one, feel free to skip ahead!

Shawn's head of messy curls rested in my lap as I gently ran my hands through his hair, earning a content smile in return as his eyes fluttered closed happily. He hummed softly, enjoying the feeling of my touch, something that always soothed him when he needed it most.

He had just come home from the studio earlier, completely drained from a long recording session in efforts to finish a few new songs. The moment he hugged me after walking through the front door, he insisted on cuddles. I knew that was one of his go-to remedies for a stressful day and would never pass up an opportunity to hold the boy I love in my arms.

Leaning down to press a warm kiss to the top of his forehead, I felt my heart soar with an unbelievable amount of love. Our relationship was still fairly new, only just reaching the seventh month mark, but those three meaningful words that truly expressed the love we had for each other had already been said.

Yet, every time we got close to doing anything remotely intimate, I pulled away. Every intense makeout session ended with me profusely apologizing with tears in my eyes as Shawn reassured me that nothing was wrong and he would wait for me no matter how long it took. It wasn't that every fiber of my being wanted Shawn and the sexual tension was practically always hanging in the air but something about the idea of giving myself to him in the most vulnerable way always terrified me. After what had happened the last time I allowed my heart to fall for a boy, it had been used against me and in the worst possible way.

Suddenly, Shawn's beautiful hazel eyes met mine and the breathtaking smile I loved so much spread even wider across his pink lips, his cheeks becoming rosier by the second. The familiar warm feeling of love spread through my body as I admired the boy I had fallen so hard for. Moments like this where the rest of the world seemed to fall away and it was just the two of us lost in our adoration for each other had quickly become my favorite with Shawn. I could ever get enough of him.

"What are you thinking about, handsome?" I asked playfully, my voice quiet as a smile blossomed across my face. The corners of Shawn's eyes crinkled with happiness at my words and he nuzzled in further against my lap, silently requesting I keep my fingers running through his unruly curls.

"You. Always thinkin' about you." Shawn mumbled lovingly, making my heart flutter uncontrollably. Since the day we met months ago, he had this crazy effect on me and it hasn't gone away yet.

"Hmm, I love you." I hummed in response, each word gentle with genuine emotion before pressing a sweet kiss to his forehead, then his nose and finally his soft lips.

Shawn smiled into the kiss, something I always loved and when we pulled away, his admiring gaze remained on me as if he was memorizing every little detail.

"I love you so much more, sweetheart." Shawn admitted happily and the sight made me fall even more in love. Taking advantage of the fact that I was only wearing his favorite tshirt, he slid his large hands under the fabric to reveal my skin before pressing a small kiss to my bellybutton. He began creating a trail of sweet kisses down stomach and to my bare thighs where his head was still resting in my lap.

I instantly tensed under his delicate touch, his lips lighting my skin on fire but a collection of unwanted thoughts filtered through my mind. Shawn took notice in seconds and his brows furrowed in concern and slight confusion.

"What is it, my love? I'm sorry if I overstepped a boundary. I just wanted to show you some love." Shawn asked worriedly, explaining his emotions as he slowly sat up. Wrapping his strong arms around my body, he pulled me in closer to his body before he placed a warm kiss to the top of my head. "You know I'm more than willing to wait for you but I know something's wrong and I hate seeing you upset, baby." He continued quietly, brushing my hair behind my ear before meeting my gaze.