Touchdown Celebrations

a/n: I used the new york giants for this imagine because they're my favorite football team so it was easiest to include! absolutely nothing against the patriots lol

"Shawn! Channel 4!" You call from your position in the kitchen as you pour a bag of chips into a bowl and grab a Corona from the fridge.

"I know, babe! I've got it!" Shawn yelled back, his adorable chuckle following his words and you can't help but smile at the sweet sound. "You and your football." Your boyfriend mumbled as you enter the living room and see him flipping through the channels on the TV before finding the correct one.

"You're just lucky I already love hockey as much as you do. Now, it's your turn to love football like I always have." You laugh before crossing the room, leaning up on your tiptoes and placing a warm kiss to Shawn's rosy cheek. A beautiful smile spread on his lips at your touch and a surge of happiness rushed through your body.

"Better get started then, my love. I'm not that easy to convince." Shawn said teasingly, a boyish smile on his face and the familiar twinkle in his mesmerizing caramel colored eyes.

Shaking your head, you place the bowl of chips and his beer on the coffee table and settle in on the couch just as the game begins. Not hesitating a second, Shawn wraps his strong arms around you and pulls you closer to him. Cuddling into his chest, your heart soars with love as you look up at him and Shawn presses a tender kiss full of happiness to your lips.

A whistle blew on TV and you quickly pulled away from the kiss, excitement rushing through your veins.

"Here we go!" You cheer enthusiastically, patting Shawn's firm chest as he laughs softly.

Shawn's hand begins running through your hair soothingly and his eyes focus on the game. Almost instantly, he's confused and you can tell.

His eyebrows furrow together and he bites his lip in deep concentration as he tries to follow the ball on the field and decipher the calls made by refs. He runs his free hand through his messy but irresistible curls like he was slightly nervous and you couldn't help but giggle a little at the sight.

There wasn't a minute where you weren't falling more and more in love with him and sitting here, watching him try to understand football without your help was no exception.

Suddenly, your attention was snapped away from Shawn as the whistle was blown loudly and the crowd erupted into loud screams.

"Ahh! Go, go, go! You're right there!" you yelled loudly, pointing at the screen as the teams played just inches in front of the goal line, a touchdown right on the horizon.

The announcement for the first down flashed across the TV and Shawn finally spoke up confusedly.

"Okay, so the Giants are close to scoring right?" Shawn asked, eyes glancing between the intense game and your bright smile. You nodded encouragingly, resting one of your hands on his stomach as you met his loving gaze.

"Mhm. If they make it into the endzone, that's a touchdown. How many points is that?" You quiz him playfully and a look of recognition washes over his facial features.

"Six! And if the kicker guy makes it through those poles, they get an extra point right?" Shawn clarifies, pure excitement dancing in his eyes as a huge smile blossoms on his lips.

"That's it! See babe, you're getting it already." You giggle, kissing his cheek softly before snuggling back in and watching the game.

Shawn was quickly introduced to your love of football in the beginning of your relationship and since then, you've been trying to get him into it. Over the last three years, he's watched countless games with you but never fully grasping the concept of the sport or actively cheering because he simply was confused by all the rules.