Like A Sister To Me

a/n: this is for Rosak1234 !! thank you for the request & I hope you love it!

Aaliyah knew the moment you walked through the door that something was wrong. When your gaze locked with hers and she quickly hugged you like always, she could see the small glint of sadness in your eyes.

Despite your best efforts to cover up the fact that a small fight between you and Shawn broke out on the car ride to his parents' house, his younger sister was still able to pick up on the little change in your mood.

"Hey Y/N," Aaliyah said happily, not alerting Shawn or her parents of the situation as she held you tightly. Since you first met Shawn's family almost three years ago, you were terrified about meeting his younger sister because she meant the world to him and if she didn't like you, you simply didn't know what you were going to do. But Aaliyah loved you the minute Shawn introduced you, erasing all your previous fears. The two of you have become best friends, something that you loved and made Shawn so incredibly happy.

"Hi, Liyah. It's so good to see you again! Sorry I missed your game the other day. Work got really hectic at the last minute but I promise to be there Saturday." You say with a smile, as Aaliyah squeezes you a little tighter before pulling back slightly.

"Don't worry about it. The game on Saturday is the first round of playoffs so it's gonna be intense." She gushes excitedly and you can't help but let a tiny giggle slip past your lips.

"Telling you mum, she's stealing her away from me." Shawn chuckled, glancing over at two of the most important girls in his life and at the sound of his familiar voice your heart soared, almost forgetting the pain of the fight.

Aaliyah saw the split second change in your facial expression, a flash of hurt mixing with happiness in your eyes, but didn't address it. She knew her brother loved you more than anything so if something had happened, there was no doubt in her mind, he would try to make it better.

Both Karen and Manny greeted you with bright smiles and warm hugs, easing your emotions at the familiarity of their love. Even if your heart was heavy with sadness, Shawn's family always had the ability to bring back the light.

Sitting around the kitchen table, Shawn claimed his usual seat next to you as Aaliyah sat across the table. Manny and Shawn immediately started talking about the Maple Leafs game that was on last night and although you wanted to comment on a few of the plays, you turned your attention to the two women that had become so important to you.

"This looks delicious, Karen. Thank you." You exclaim softly, taking a plate from her hands and serving yourself. Shawn's mother simply smiled at the compliment and launched into a story about her adventure at the grocery store earlier in the day.

While you listened, you were suddenly aware that Shawn's hand wasn't resting on your thigh like usual signaling he was still angry. Glancing over at your boyfriend, looking absolutely adorable with messy curls and a sweet smile, you desperately wanted to fix everything. But you knew that Shawn would probably just throw more harmful words at you.

"Y/N, did you watch the new episode of The Bachelor last night?" Aaliyah caught your attention again, pulling you out of your thoughts.

"No, I was watching the game with Shawn so I missed it. Anything interesting happening?" You smile, hoping it didn't come off too fake, and continued the conversation with her.  Gently, you placed your hand on top of Shawn's on the table, intertwining your fingers. For a moment, Shawn looked at your hands and then pulled his away before going back to eating dinner, not acknowledging you once.