A Little Bit Scared

a/n: this is for @Cycloneelle! thank you for the request & I hope you love it!

Another gloomy, rainy day consumed Toronto making it the third day in a row that the sun had been missing from the sky. And even though the rain wasn't my favorite, I loved these kind of days more than anything because they always meant extra warm cuddles and a movie marathon with Shawn. Especially now, five months pregnant, I needed his cuddles and kisses more than ever.

An episode of Friends was playing on the TV but neither of us were really paying attention to the show. With my head on Shawn's chest, listening to his steady, soothing heartbeat and his arms loosely wrapped around me, it was hard to fight off the sleep that was clouding my mind. One of Shawn's large hands rubbed small circles on my baby bump as he carefully glanced at me to make sure everything was okay.

"Are you warm enough baby?" Shawn asked quietly as he adjusted the fuzzy blanket that over us. I looked up to meet his eyes before nodding slowly.

"Mhm, I'm good. Thank you love," I mumbled sleepily before Shawn pressed a sweet kiss to the top of my head. "You're the sweetest, you know that?" the words fell off my lips and Shawn chuckled slightly.

"Yes, you tell me all the time." he laughed adorably. "Just taking care of you and the baby," Shawn finished, a wonderstuck look in his beautiful hazel eyes. Even though I'm five months along, it still amazed Shawn everyday that we were actually having a baby. He always dreamed of starting a family and he couldn't believe that it was really happening.

"I know. I love you," my voice was a soft whisper as sleep coursed through my veins and my eyes began fluttering closed. Whenever I was wrapped up in Shawn's arms, an overwhelming rush of home and comfort washed over me.

"I love you more sweetheart," Shawn replied, the breathtaking smile I love so much evident in his words. My heart soared with adoration for my husband before my eyes closed and I fell into a welcoming sleep.

A Few Hours Later

A muffled sound surrounded me as the room came back into focus and I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Slightly confused, I realized I had fallen asleep in Shawn's arms. Just as I scanned the room trying to figure out what was going on, my eyes met Shawn's and a steady stream of tears were rolling down his cheeks.

"Oh baby, what's wrong? Talk to me," I cooed softly, sitting up and running my hands through Shawn's messy curls before gently caressing his cheeks. "Shawn, please." His hazel eyes were covered in a look of sadness and hurt while he hiccuped trying to regain his breath between cries. A pain stabbed through my heart at the sight of him. I hated seeing him upset and even though I had helped him through countless anxiety attacks, it didn't hurt any less seeing the love of my life in so much distress.

Shawn slowly pulled me between his legs, still being extremely careful of my baby bump and immediately buried his face in the crook of my neck. Instictively, I cradled his head and held him as close as possible. "Shh, love. It's all okay. I'm right here, I promise." I whispered sweetly, hoping my words would calm him just a little bit so we could tell me what was going on. "I love you so much." Gently, Shawn hugged me tighter before lifting his head and meeting my eyes. "What is it love? What's going on?" The question left my lips as I pushed his curls back and left a warm kiss on his forehead.

"I-I fell asleep and I guess a baby cried on TV and I thought it was happening in my dream. So it woke me up- and I don't know. Suddenly, I was terrified that my dream was real and it was our baby who was actually crying. It's stupid I know, but then I started worrying about how it's gonna be to be a dad." Shawn explained, his voice breaking a few times as his tears continued to spill from his mesmerizing eyes. My heart broke seeing him so upset about this.