Run to You(Minghao[The8]-Seventeen)

Requested by: Park Seokhyun

~Holding back my tears, hiding my fear I will go to you. I was about to sleep but I woke up from thinking of you and went outside. I was walking but started running just like my heart. Even though I don't know where you are, I'm following the compass of my heart. Slowly looking through the map in my heart~

"Hongjoong-ah, come on~~ Let's go! We're gonna be late to dance!"

The said boy looked at you with his eyebrow raised and shook his head, "You sure it's dance you're excited for and not the teacher?"

Your eyes widened and you felt heat rise to your cheeks as you hit his arm, "Shut up! Of course I'm excited to dance!"

Hongjoong let out a snort and shook his head, "Yeah, sure. Whatever you say."

You went to hit his arm again when he started running down the streets making you yell out and run after him, both of your laughter bouncing from the building walls.

Just as you reached your hand out to grab onto his hoodie you heard a voice call out to you in confusion. "Y/n? Hongjoong-ah? What're you guys doing?"

You froze, both mentally and physically, and moved your gaze to the taller boy that was looking at the both of you. And you swore that his gaze briefly flitted to where your hand was resting on Hongjoong's shoulder before moving back to meet your own.

"Minghao oppa," you called out before retracting your hand and hurrying into a bow to greet him.

"Hey, teach," Hongjoong said with an easy-going smile before raising his arm and setting it on your shoulder. "We were just having a friendly race, but you're here kinda early today."

Minghao's eyebrows briefly met in the center as he watched the small skinship between the two of you before sighing and turning around. "Yes, I am, now hurry and head inside so you can stretch."

You quickly hopped into motion behind the older boy, leaving you friend behind as he had to catch himself from falling over before watching you hurry away with an annoyed look. "Y/n, wait up!"

You were walking quickly behind Minghao and would steal glances up at his figure, smiling down at the ground as you felt a slight heat rise to your cheeks.

"Yah~" You heard a voice whine before you felt someone pinch your cheek.

You raised a hand to your face and batted the other hand away, annoyed. "What?"

Hongjoong threw his arm over your shoulder and smirked, happy to have your attention now. "We get to finish up the dance routine today, I bet you're happy."

"Mhm~" You said, not really caring as you looked back towards your handsome teacher.

Minghao was young, only a year older than yourself and Hongjoong, but he was quite successful for his young age. He had been teaching dance since he was a teenager himself and would busk in the streets of your hometown when you were younger. One day when you and Hongjoong were walking home from school he was performing and you were automatically drawn in. For the next few weeks you'd find wherever he was performing and spend hours watching him with admiration and adoration. 

After watching him dance for the umpteenth time he had finally introduced himself and wondered if you were also a dancer. You were too starstruck to realize what he was talking about and only came to your senses after you got out a yes.

To this day you still remember his wide smile as he offered to help you out. And though you knew he never figured it out you wanted him to know sometimes how much you liked him.