The Girl(Joshua-Seventeen)

~Cambridge, to Boston; lives in a world she's lost in. Victim of compromise. He's staring at her Aberdeen heart, London eyes, Glasgow bone. She's a whistle in the catacombs, a paradox~

~Past~

You kept wiping the endless tears that kept falling down your face mixing with the falling rain  as you knocked on the door to your closest friend's, Matthew[A/n: Thank you mynameisMissA on Quotev for suggesting him when I was stuck x'D], house and praying he'd answer it. Your prayers seemed to be answered though when the door was pulled open slowly and Matthew's sleepy face appeared in the empty space, him still not realizing that it was you at the door. He yawned, rubbed his eyes, and opened his mouth to say something before his eyes landed on you and widened with recognition and concern. 

"Oh my gosh, y/n. What the hell happened?! No, that's not important right now. Get in here before you catch a cold." He pulled you inside and shut the door behind you before running off and coming back quickly with towels. "Here, let's hurry up and dry you off. Come on."

After sitting down on the kitchen chair he pulled out you broke, you finally let yourself cry. You accepted the pain and you let it out. "H-He che-" You couldn't even speak, the sobs that were tearing themselves from your throat made you bend over and your back shake. You couldn't control it anymore.

"Hey, shh." Matthew knelt in front of you and pulled you into his arms, letting you rest your head on his shoulder and just cry. "It's alright, it's okay. I've got you, y/n. It's okay."

A little while later you had calmed down enough to where you could actually form a sentence and you told him what had happened. You told everything and he listened, if you started crying again he waited patiently and comforted you. After you told him though you noticed how his expression changed, his shoulders and back tensed and his jaw clenched. He stood and stepped away from you not helping your nervousness.

"Ma-Matthew?" You asked softly, slightly nervous at how angry he looked since you didn't know whether he was mad at you or Joshua.

~He's in love with the statue in a marble block. He's in love with the girl that time forgot. She just shuts her ears, she's fallen too far with salt in her scars. Won't let him taste her tears, she's fallen too far; the girl that time forgot~

Third POV:

Matthew let out a breath and stood up before stepping away from y/n, his hands clenching into fists before she could notice them shaking from the anger he felt. The only way he could express it in words was that he was beyond pissed. He couldn't believe that Joshua would cheat on you, he never thought he was that type of man. And didn't help the fact that he tossed y/n away for the girl he cheated on her with.

"Ma-Matthew?" 

He turned and looked at y/n, who looked so frail and scared that he instantly regretted stepping away. He hadn't meant to hurt you he just didn't want to let you know that he was angry, no not angry. He was pissed. 

He shook his head and kneeled in front of her again, holding her close to him and rubbing her back. "I'm sorry, I'm not mad at you. I just can't believe he'd do something like that to you."

Y/n sighed and looked down at her hands, not noticing the soft stare that was focusing on her figure. Matthew looked at her and studied her features hating how sad and depressed she looked. She looked as if she's given up on herself, as if she believed she didn't deserve any better. How could one man do this to someone? How could something like this happen to the most honest and beautiful person he knew?

"Y/n," he waited until she looked up to him, his heart breaking at the broken far-away look in her eyes. "I'm here for you, let me help?"

She nodded and broke down again, falling into his open arms one again and letting the pain out piece by piece. He held her and kissed her head, comforting her with his all and vowing to never let anyone hurt the girl he loved ever again.