When We Were Young(Taeyong-NCT)

FINALLY A NCT REQUEST!!! I'M SO HAPPY!! DX

~Everybody loves the things you do, from the way you talk to the way you move. Everybody here is watching you 'cause you feel like home. You're like a dream come true but if by chance you're here alone can I have a moment before I go? 'Cause I've been by myself all night long hoping you're someone I used to know~

"Oppa~" You called out as you rushed to where he was sitting and quickly sat beside him, giving him a smile. "I didn't see you all week, your mom said you were sick. Are you feeling better now?"

He ignored you and stared at his desk, playing with his pencil. You stopped smiling and watched him carefully only just now noticing the bags under his eyes and the redness. 

"Taeyong, have you been crying?" You asked him gently as you ran the pad of your thumb gently under his eye.

He sighed and turned his face away making your eyes widen. "It's not your business."

"Oppa-"

"Please just go to your seat already."

You swallowed nervously and moved to your desk where f/n was already sitting and texting on her phone. You tapped her shoulder and moved your desk near her own. "Hey, how long has Taeyong been like that?"

"Like what?"

"Sitting there like he's..not there."

She glanced over at him then back to you, shrugging. "I don't know, did you ask him."

"Well, of course I did."

"And?"

"He told me it's not my business and to go to my seat," you said as you laid your head on your arms and sighed.

"Maybe he's just going through something at home, I'm sure he'll come around. Don't worry too much okay?"

Little did you know that worrying too much was exactly what you should have been doing.

~You look like a movie, you sound like a song. My God, this reminds me of when we were young. Let me photograph you in this light in case it is the last time that we might be exactly like we were. Before we realized, we were sad of getting old. It made us restless. It was just like a movie, it was just like a song~

The next day Taeyong never said a word to you or anyone and instead kept to himself, always having his headphones in when class was over. You tried to get him to talk but he'd always either ignore you or flat out tell you to leave him alone. A week later and Taeyong stopped coming to school, and every day he was gone a little piece of your heart shattered. You were so scared and worried about what had happened to him that one day you walked to his house after school instead of your own. 

His mother was outside on the porch and you hurried up to her with a smile on your face as best as you could manage.

"Mrs. Lee," you called out softly as you accepted the hug she offered.

"Omo, y/n it's so good to see you hun. I haven't seen you in a while, but I'm afraid now isn't the best time sweetie."

"I'm just stopping by to see if Taeyong is alright. He's not sick right?"

"Huh? Oh dear you've always been so sweet," she muttered as she placed a loving hand on your cheek. "Why don't you go on up and talk to him."

"Thank you."

Once you walked through the front door you stopped and looked around with wide eyes at the taped up boxes that were scattered around the floor. You made your way past them, fear filing your heart, and headed to Taeyong's room where you heard music softly playing from behind the closed door.