Hard Carry(Mark-Got7)

Dedicated to: https://www.quotev.com/Purplebvb 

~Welcome to my world, let's do this. Call me an issue maker, I'm so ill. Wherever I go, the mood go higher. It's so loud outside the place, crazy energy~

You sighed and rubbed your eyes, still trying to catch your breath from the nightmare you just woke from. Every time you had it everything seemed to be real again, your mother standing over you as she screamed. Your cheek stinging from where she had just hit you, making you fall to the floor while holding your face and trying to stay strong. It was never easy, watching the past over and over again every single night and sometimes you were so scared of reliving it that you wouldn't sleep for days. 

You heard your door creak as it was pushed open and you saw your younger brother Yugyeom step in, walking over to you to sit on the edge of the bed. He wasn't your real brother, in fact about six years ago you were put up for adoption when your mother was caught by the police one night. Turns out your neighbors had been home and called the cops, thank god for that because that night she had really lost it. You never really knew what you had done wrong, only knowing that she always would claim you weren't hers, even when you were little she'd say that.

~How I'm doing? Everybody knows it. But I'm not full yet, hungry. Whatever it is, I won't lose spirit. In other words, I have a fighting spirit~

That's when Yugyeom's parents, your new parents, adopted you and took you under their wing. You truly loved them though, they treated you as if you were their own flesh and blood and yugyeom looked up to you. It made you feel safe and protected, so when your nightmares had started to come back recently you didn't tell them because you didn't want them to worry. 

"Was it the nightmare again?" Yugyeom asked you softly.

You nodded, but chose not to say anything since you didn't want to worry him either. You didn't even tell him about the nightmares, but one night you two were home alone and the nightmare had gotten so bad that you ended up screaming. Of course yugyeom was freaked out and wouldn't leave your side for the rest of the night, but you had somehow convinced him not to tell your parents. He still didn't know what the nightmares were about though, he also didn't know anything about how you came to be up for adoption.

~Once I appear, the game is over. I get everything I want. I know how to flow with the water. Again today, I do what I have to, hard carry~

"Yah, Ann-ah they're getting worse. I think we should tell mom and dad now."

You shook your head, quickly dismissing the idea. "It'll be fine, yuggie. Come on, do you want to stay in here?"

He nodded and crawled under the covers on the other side of the bed, reaching down and touching his hand to yours to show you that you weren't alone. And smiling you finally drifted off into a dreamless, and more importantly, a nightmare-less sleep. 

~~

You woke up the next morning to the sunlight streaming in through the windows and the birds faintly chirping outside. You turned your head and saw Yugyeom still beside you, curled up into a ball under the covers which made you smile. After you covered him up you got out of bed and headed into the bathroom to get ready for the day. 

~Let's fly again, fly again, fly again I got this right, don't worry about tomorrow. Today, I'll hard carry only for you~

You washed your face and stared at your reflection in the mirror, and seeing bruises and cuts around your face you gasped and quickly rubbed your eyes. When you opened them again the bruises and cuts were gone, leaving you with sad eyes staring at yourself. Just go away, you thought to yourself as you quickly fled the bathroom. You ended up downstairs, noticing that your parents weren't there which meant that they had gone to work already.