Mystery Lover(Taemin-SHINee)

~Past the fantasy spreading white, Mystery Lover~

It's been three years since the accident, three years since you were able to be held or seen. You never expected to die so young, you thought you had your whole life ahead of you, and now that you're no longer alive you wished that you had spent all those wasted years doing something meaningful.

Sighing, you looked over at the clock and saw that he would be home soon. The only reason you felt like you were still somehow connected to people was him, Lee Tae Min. You first saw him about two years ago, you had reached a breaking point from not being able to communicate and was confused as to why you were still on earth if you had died. Crouching on the sidewalk you cried and cried, and it didn't even phase you when it had started to rain. Then all of a sudden you felt the rain disappear and felt something soft and warm cover you, and when you turned you saw him, his handsome face was masked with worry and concern.

'He can..see me..??'

~Reach out your soft hand and embrace me, Mystery Lover~

He soon invited you to stay with him when he found out you didn't have any where to go, at least until you could stand on your own feet. You were always trying to find ways to test how he was able to see you, constantly wanted him to know that the reason you were crying that say was because you weren't living anymore.

"Y/n? I'm home," you heard Taemin call out from the front hallway.

"Oh, taemin-ah welcome home." He smiled and hugged you, surprising you. "Taemin-ah, what are you doing?"

"You're always so cold, y/n. Do you have low iron or something?"

"U-uhm, no not exactly." You needed to tell him. "Taemin-ah, we need to talk."

He walked towards the kitchen and motioned for you to follow him. "I'm going to make some dinner so you can stay in here and talk to me okay?"

Nodding, you sat and watched him get everything he needed and started to talk when he looked up at you. "Taemin, there's something I've been wanting to tell you for a long time. Uhm, it's the reason why you saw me crying in the rain that day."

He looked up with widened eyes. "You're okay to tell me now? You don't have to push yourself."

You shook your head, "I'm ready. Taemin-ah I'm not actually..." Sighing you tried to think of a way to tell him, a way that wouldn't make him freak out, which now that I think about it there's no way he won't freak out. You looked down at your hands and continued, "The reason I'm always cold, the reason you never see me eat, and the reason why your friends act like they don't see me is because they actually can't, because I'm not...living..any-anymore."

~In beautiful memories, you used to smile, Mystery Lover~

His eyebrows drew together in confusion and he stayed quiet. Well, you thought, at least he's not freaking out...yet. "You're not..living anymore?" You nodded your head and kept your eyes on your hands. "Okay, is this you getting back at me for something?"

"What? No, Taemin I'm serious."

"You're serious that you're dead? I'm sorry y/n, but if you were dead you wouldn't be here so try to explain that if you're 'dead'."

"I don't know. I don't know why I'm still here, why you can see me when no one else can . Why are you able to hold me and touch me when I died three years ago?! Why can you see and hear me when my parents couldn't, when I tried to tell them I loved them?! Why you, when I never even knew you?!"

~

Taemin watched helplessly as you slid slowly to the floor crying. He never liked seeing you cry, he felt like a part of himself was breaking every time he heard the sound of your weeping. He kneeled beside you and pulled you into his embrace, never wanting to let go. Silently, he thought about what you said. All the times he got his friends to meet you they had ignored you, but he always thought they were being mean even though they had admitted to never meeting anyone. The times when he would accidentally bump his arm against yours or he hugged you and you felt like ice, he always wondered how somehow could be that cold.

Is she actually, really...dead. She can't be though, I wouldn't be able to see her or touch her, he kept repeating the same thoughts in his head. In a small voice you said, "Here," and showed him the newspaper article that had your obituary in it.

"Y/f/n, died June 2nd in a tragic car accident." After reading he flipped the paper and saw the picture of your grave. "You...you really are dead then."

~You haven't come back to me but you're still, My Mystery Lover~

It had been about an hour now, after Taemin accepted the fact that you were dead and nothing had changed and that had taken a while for him to understand. You both sat in the same spot on the floor, him holding the article and your hand while you tried to figure out what he was thinking. Finally he decided to break the silence, "I don't care."

You looked at him with wide eyes, "What?"

"I said, I don't care. I don't care at all if you're dead, it doesn't change how I feel."

"How you- what? How do you feel?"

"I-I don't know when it actually happened, but over the time we've spent together I've come to really care for you. So I don't care if you're dead, as long as I can see you you're still alive."

You just sat there with tears in your eyes, and you had finally found the answer to your question. It didn't matter if anyone else could see you, you had Taemin and you wouldn't want it to be any different. As you embraced, you had both come to realize that life can be beautiful whether you're living or not, you can have a happy life. Yes, you knew sometime you had to let Taemin leave you and live his life but for now he was yours and you weren't letting go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hai!!! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, been dealing with a lot of family stuff. Anyways, not entirely sure if I like this one or not :/ Next update: I will shoot for tomorrow, depends though. *Italics are thoughts and bold is lyrics*