The Dinner

Maheswari along with her 3 bahus set the dining table. Suman was fidgeting with her pallu. She knew she had to stand at the table for serving. Sreedhar was back. How was she going to handle it. She will not look up. She can serve without looking up.Everyone sat in the dinner table. Rajasekhar, Tilak, Sudhir, Sreedhar along with Nami, Aakash and Adwaith.Sreedhar looked at Suman. She was looking down. " Suman look up. Please meet my eye for once " he told in mindEven when she was not looking at him, Suman could feel his eyes on her " Sreedhar please don't make it hard for me. Everything is over. Just move on" her mind muttered. They started serving. Suman served Sreedhar quickly and moved to the other end of the table." Beta how was your trip. I hope you are feeling better now. And what are your plans now you have completed your PG also."" Papa I am feeling better. Went to college. Business Papa yes I want to join, but I need some time to check what I want to do in business. Murali Bhaiyya had some plans of opening textile show rooms like, I would like to see what his plans were. If it looks interesting then I will take it up." told Sreedhar." Sreedhar I will bring all his files from Gurgaon office. There is lot of material. If you have patience go through it. But as far as I have read it, I don't think it is feasible because it requires lot of investment and ROI I am not sure of" told Sudhir" Bhaiyya it's ok, we are into wholesale, retail needs a different approach. So let me see"" What boring topics" told Aakash from other side of the table. " Chachu has come after long time. Chachu when are you playing cricket with me and my friends like last time. When should I call my friends to our lawn to play cricket "" Aakash Sreedhar chachu is not a child anymore to play with your army. He has work to do" cut in Renuka" Bhabi please, Aakash we will have the match next Sunday. Bring all your gang. We will have dhamaka here "" Sreedhar if one window glass is broken I am not going to leave you " told MaheswariSreedhar glanced at Suman. She was still looking down. Then Nami cut in " No Chachu not next sunday. Next Sunday is my first Kathak performance in Mandir festival"" But that is in the evening idiot, Aakash chided his sister"" No Chachu I have to go shopping to buy things. You will take me naa. Papa will not have time "" Yes Gudiya I will take you. But I don't know what to purchase. Your teacher coming or has she given a list " Sreedhar asked" Suman Chachi you will come right. you know what to purchase for my performance " asked Nami" Nami I will give the list, Vindhya Bhabi or Renuka Bhabi can accompany you " she said without looking up" Chachu Suman chachi is my Kathak teacher now. The other teacher used to scold me. Now Suman Chachi teaches me nicely" Namrata continued" She is your teacher now. Who made her your teacher. How is she teaching you dance with such long face "Suman looked up and Sreedhar saw the angry glare in her eyes. His eyes twinkled as he stared back. The fierce Suman was still there. Suman realized what he has done and looked away. How could he, how could he make her react the way he wants" No Suman Chachi smiles when she teaches me, when music plays. You come and watch practice one day" little Nami defended Suman fiercely" Suman don't pay attention to what this idiot tells. He is like that. Being youngest he is pampered and takes advantage of that pampering to assert himself " said Renuka Bhabi tapping her shoulders" Bhabi you don't understand. It is not the word he speaks, but his unspoken words also reach me" told Suman's voice " How can I tell you what is my connect with him. A connect which I want to break for his sake , but he is not allowing me to break "" Maa if Sumanji wants to come and take things personally for Nami she can come. The new market in Kotwal Lane doesn't care much about who is coming and going. They just do business" told SreedharSuman again looked up. Her eyes now in denial. He went on " Maa what do you say"Rajasekhar Varma was not sure what to tell. He was not sure how the society will perceive if they see Suman outside house. He wanted to tell his son not possible. He hoped his wife will take the right decision as he himself didn't had any problems in allowing the girl, but then he know society will speak ill about his family which he didn't wanted" Sreedhar take Nami and Suman. But beta ensure Suman steps out only in Kotwal Lane. No intermediate stops for ice cream or any other fancy things on Nami's demand"Suman looked incredulously at her MIL. Her eyes widening and then back at Sreedhar. As usual his eyes were calm as he looked back at her. She knew what he was upto. She understood him. But then she was afraid. Not for herself. But for him. And he didn't seem to care.