Tea Talk

Suman was typing in computer when Rajasekhar entered Sreedhar's cabin. Sreedhar was not there. Seeing Rajasekhar Suman got up and put her pallu on head.

" Suman where is Sreedhar. See an urgent meeting has come for me and Tilak is accompanying me. I wanted to tell Sreedhar if he is getting late, ask the driver to come and take you if your work is finished"

" No Papa I have another 2-3 hrs of work as I need to format this properly and take print out. I guess now it is 5, so by the time I am finished hopefully Sreedhar will also be done"

" Fine then Suman. We are going. Tell Sreedhar also" Suman nodded

She had not spoken to Sreedhar once he had gone out. He came in but was in meetings, then went out. He had lunch with finance people and she had the lunch alone in his cabin. And she too remained busy with the plan. Now she had almost finished typing the plan. Suman didn't know what to feel. It was a very ambitious plan and she was not sure whether she will be able to deliver on the trust he was keeping on her. She wanted to work, but it was not this way to carry huge responsibility on her shoulders.

It was when she gave the document for Print Sreedhar came in and sat tiredly in his chair.

" Sumi you had tea" he asked.

" No" she told

He pressed the bell and an office boy entered " Bhaiyya get 2 hot tea and 2 plates of really hot samosas with chutney"

He nodded and went out glancing at Suman. By the time he came back Suman had finished taking the print outs and was putting them in the file in order. Sreedhar closed the book in his hand. The man once again looked hesitatingly at Suman

" Bhaiyya what happened " asked Sreedhar

" Is Bhabiji Murali Saab's wife " he asked haltingly

Sreedhar looked at Suman, but she got up smiling " Bhaiyya why are you hesitating to ask truth"

" No Bhabiji I was not sure whether to ask, but then still was curious. You don't look Chudayil as some people say "

" Bhaiyya she is not a Chudayil, she is a normal girl" told Sreedhar

" Sreedhar saab I am learning that from my children, not to treat widow Chudayil. You know my son was there in that " Dignity for widow campaign". First I was against it, but then when children told Dinakarji told widows should not be treated Chudayil I felt something should be there. My father used to respect Dinakarji a lot. Bhabiji I will pray to Mata Gowri to bring happiness to you."

As he walked out Suman sat opposite to Sreedhar taking the tea cup and pulling the samosa plate towards her " Sreedhar the questions will come, and people will address me with social reality only. You don't have to look smug everytime I am called your brother's wife. You should have known that is the side effect of taking me outside that room"

Sreedhar smiled " As if you don't feel anything when I am called your devar" . Suman giggled. Yes she was used to be addressed as Murali's widow, but when someone told Sreedhar her devar that was a different thing altogether.

" So it matters right. You cannot tolerate people calling me your devar, and believe me I cannot tolerate someone calling you Murali Bhaiyya's wife. Wherever he is, hope he will forgive his kid brother for this. He will understand what I share with you is one thing I cannot allow anyone else to share with you, even if the concerned person is my brother"

Suman smiled. She knew how possessive he was about her. " By the way Sreedhar are you sure you want to proceed with "Rashee". You are going to create a brand. You very well know what can be the impact of Brand in long run if it succeeds"

" Sumi come to the point. What is your concern about the brand. I very well know what Brand can do to the person who owns it. And knowing that only I have prepared the plan"

" Sreedhar I wanted to work. And you very well know I didn't want to get married. But then I fell in love with you and started dreaming about a family life. I don't want to be in a position tomorrow where I will have to either choose you or the Brand. Because Brand is my passion and without it, I will feel a void and can never be truly happy and without you, Brand will hold no meaning to me"

" Sumi why do you feel you will have to choose between me and Brand" asked Sreedhar

She looked at him, then took a deep breath " Sreedhar if Brand goes ahead of whole sale business then Suman Varma might move ahead of you. Will you be able to take that. Don't answer me theortically Sreedhar. Think and answer this question. Now if you feel ok, will the family be fine with their bahu moving ahead of their son. This is where a marriage draw the line for a girl Sreedhar. This is where her wings are clipped also "

Sreedhar smiled at her. He had expected that question. He kept his hand on her " Sumi first let us think about family. I have given enough cushion for you to bypass the family issues. Because you are not alone in it. Both Vindhya Bhabi and Renu Bhabi are there in it. Also " Rashee " is going to be a subsidiary of Varma group, so if Rashee is taken the Varma group will have to be taken. So the family name will go into it and s if the Brand goes good all the Varma bahus get the credit.

Now coming to the point what will the men feel if woman go ahead. First thing Sumi you said you might go ahead. That shows your confidence that you can go ahead which I very much want for this business, for this subsidiary. Second I know wherever you go, you take me. I don't need any proof for that. Coming to Sudhir Bhaiyya. He had so many dreams and this is one part I can correct for him to make his wife working and he will be perfectly happy with it. Tilak Bhaiyya. He worships Renu Bhabi for what all she has done. I have seen that reverence for Bhabi in Bhaiyya's eyes especially after Poornima came. So she doing some work is not at all going to affect him. Basically what I want to tell you is that none of us brother's will feel threatened by the success of " Rashee" . This is not theory because the whole sale business itself has lot of opportunities that needs to be pursued for expansion. Wealth wise both segments will not have much difference once Rashee stabilizes. So it will be parallel segments that will run. One traditional and another new with no competition in segments. So there will never come a situation for you where you will have to choose me or Brand. If it comes you wont take the decision alone, I will be there for you to arrive at the best solution"

" Sreedhar think once again.."

" I am sure of the decision Sumi as much sure as my decision of choosing you as my love . Just support me. This is Murali Bhaiyya's biggest dream. I want to complete it. This is the biggest tribute I can pay to him for the gift he has given to me. The gift of my love . This is also the best gift Tilak Bhaiyya can give to Anu Bhabi for giving him the gift of his love. I had chosen this brand name combining their names in a interesting fashion " Rashee" . You like it"

" Very good name Sreedhar. And I will put every effort to deliver on the trust you have kept on me. I will support you to complete your brother's dream" she kept her hand over his and they both smiled.

" Sumi come let us go. Maa will be waiting " told Sreedhar

" Yes Sreedhar coming " told Suman and as Sreedhar cleaned up his desk for the day, she too packed her things and took the file in her hand . As they came out of his room both were smiling. It was going to be a new beginning.

Ћ�3�d�^A