The Sarcasm

" Suman, Sreedhar come down Sobha Mausi has come" they heard Latika Mami's call.

" Coming Mami " told Sreedhar. " Sumi come, one thing Sumi my Mausi will tell some harsh or pointed words. Please bear with her and don't take such things to heart "

" Sreedhar why you have to tell me again and again. I told you I will manage. Stop worrying" told Suman.

Suman was behind Sreedhar laughing at something he told she forgot they had reached the ground floor " Suman bahu it would be good if you laugh less. Just because my sister is kind to you don't forget your status" . Startled Suman looked in front of her to see a woman who looked like Maheswari but didn't had the caring smile and assurance her mother in law always carried with her.

" I am sorry Mausi. Sreedhar just told a joke " told Suman

" Sreedhar is your devar Suman bahu. Behave like a bhabi with him. Latika Bhabi why did you sent Sreedhar with her" asked Sobha

" Arrey Sobha Sreedhar asked her to go with him to show his thinking room. He took Poornima also there . Suman loves reading books. Bauji's collection is with Sreedhar only naa" told Latika Mami

" This is the problem with Maheswari didi. Bahu is finding time to read books. Who will do the household work then. She has kept all her bahus on head. And I heard she did Suhagan Pooja for that low caste woman"

Poornima's eyes welled up with tears and she said " She was not low caste woman, she is my mother, my father had married her" her voice was loud and clear as if she couldn't take that insult. Sreedhar went and hugged her

" Mausi I request you to speak a little respectfully about Anu Bhabi. Please understand she is no more"

" Sobha why have you come here. To give sarcastic remarks to Suman and Poornima. You very well know they are here right. If you were uncomfortable I would have send Sreedhar home" told Latika Mami

" I came for that only Latika Bhabi to invite Sreedhar, Aakash, Namrata and Adwaith home. Come for lunch everyone tomorrow. Not to meet Maheswari's widow bahu or her grand daughter who is born to a low caste woman."

Sreedhar held Poorni tightly to ensure she doesn't tell anything out of anger. It was then Sobha's eyes fell on Vaishnav. " Who is he"

" Sobha he is Vaishnav Samrat. He is Poornima's friend. He was with her for running dignity for widow campaign." told Latika Mami

" Understood, understood the boy who made a widow light the lamp for his house warming. Sourabh was telling. You are doing all this beta because nobody gave you the right upbringing. If your mother was there you wouldn't have got into bad company. " told Sobha . Vaishnav stood silent then he heard a voice.

.

" Come Vaishnav beta. Come here.Without a mother you have grown up into a well behaved boy. Before questioning your upbringing it would be much better Sobha question Suyyash and Sourabh's upbringing" told Jaideep.

" Sobha how many times I have to tell you, keep the language of your in laws there and come. Why are you making Bhaiyya's BP high. You very well know he had a bypass surgery 3 years back " told Jaidev

Sobha didn't tell anything. "I am coming right to eat food from your hands" told Sreedhar trying to pacify her.

" Yes Sreedhar you are one person who doesn't mock at me. If I stand here I will hear more. So I am going" told Sobha Mausi and walked out without giving a glance at her elder brother.

Once she was gone Poorni sank to the floor and started crying. " I am not illegitimate. My Papa married my Maa. Then why is Sobha dadi telling like this. "

Latika Mami took the girl in her arms " Poorni who told you are illegtimate. If Sobha tells that will you become one. Everyone knows the truth. But some people don't want to accept it. We cannot change them beta. You are a strong girl. These remarks shouldn't affect you. You know if you are affected how will it be for your Papa and your Choti Maa, your siblings. Sobha cannot change the fact you are Poornima Varma. So go wash your face and come. It is time for evening aarti "

Poornima got up, wiping her tears and hugged Mami and then she went up. Latika Mami asked Rakhi to follow her and keep her engaged. Then she looked at her husband on whose face it was clearly written the guilty feeling. Latika Mami knew her husband always felt guilty for Sobha's behavior and felt somewhere he had failed in giving her the right upbringing.