The Farewell, The Answer

It was early morning. That day they all were leaving from Jodhpur. Suman looked around the haweli as she came down. She had really breathed free here. Every moment she had enjoyed. It was not that she was with Sreedhar. But the place had a serenity and calmness about it. The people were open and loved everyone without any pretense. She had wished all the best to Rakhi for her results as well as admission to college in Delhi. She asked Rakhi to call her anytime and she will help her with her queries.

Sreedhar and Vaishnav carried the luggage down, Poornima came along with Aakash, Nami and Adwaith. They all stood in the hall now.

Latika Mami gave Suman a cotton printed saree and a Kankan. She gave Poorni a lehenga and gold earrings. Nami also got a lehenga and earring. While the boys got Sherwani. Then Mami took a bangle box and gave it in the hands of Suman.

" Suman Maheswari always loves the bangles I buy for her. This box I have specifically bought for her. I am entrusting this with you. Give it to her"

" Sure Mami. I will give it to Maa" telling Suman carefully packaged the box and kept it in her luggage.

Then the ladies hugged each other. Rakhi was crying when she hugged Suman and Poorni. Suman and Poorni too cried. Latika Mami chided them though her eyes were also teary. They all took blessings of Jaideep Mamu and Jaidev Mamu. Rajdeep helped Sreedhar load the luggage in the van.

Vaishnav, Poorni and Aakash were taking minimum luggage. Rajdeep had told he will go with them to the bus stand and ensure they board the right bus. Sreedhar got into the driver seat and Nami sat beside him, while Suman sat behind with Adwaith. As the van drove out of the haweli Suman looked back one last time waving her hands at the people standing there. They had given her some of the best memories of her life.

As the phone rang Maheswari picked up. " Bhabi have they left. They didn't trouble you much naa" asked Maheswari as she heard Latika Mami's voice.

" Trouble me Maheswari. What trouble if your family is here. They all had a good time here. By the way Raji's alliance is fixed. I forgot to tell you. Next month we will have her engagement. Marriage will be sometime in November."

" Bhabi I will send Sudhir or Tilak for the engagement. You know right Jul we have to open the new shop and everyone will be busy with it. But marriage we all will come " told Maheswari

" That I know Maheswari you all will come. By the way I called you to tell something important."

" What is it Bhabi " asked Maheswari.

" Maheswari I have given the answer to your question in Suman's hand ."

" What question Bhabi. What are you telling."

" Maheswari don't bluff. I am not just your bhabi. I am your mother too. I have known you since you were 6 year old. You think I wont understand you."

" Bhabi that.."

" Maheswari you don't need to tell me anything. The answer I have given to Suman is not just from me, but from your Bhaiyya also. Our blessings are there with you."

" Bhabi I am so happy you and Bhaiyya approve what I have in mind. It gives me more conviction to move ahead with what I intend to do."

" Don't worry Maheswari. Everything will turn out to be good ". Maheswari once again thanked her bhabi and kept the phone.

As she walked to the room Maheswari felt a certain calm. She was in the right direction.

��JAS���?