The MA election, Accidental Reaction

The MA election was in full swing. Sudhir and Tilak and their friends had spoken to many voters and were quite confident that it will go in Tilak's favour. Voting was open till 2pm post which the counting was supposed to happen. Many people congratulated Sudhir that his press meeting had hit the mark. Yes lot of corrupt practices were happening in MA, especially their corpus fund. Many expected Tilak to ensure that the audit of corpus fund utilization would be done by an independent body. Tilak had promised to look into that. Sudhir had hinted to Tilak that auditing that fund is going to be a real game changer as far as MA goes. He said he expected lot of things to be out in the open when that audit happens. Rajasekhar Varma came after voting and joined his sons.

" Beta I feel a very positive vibe. You have got a very good image not only among the senior folks but your daughter has ensured the younger generation admires you a lot. In a way Poornima has come as a real blessing for you Tilak" told Rajasekhar . Tilak smiled as another member called him for a chit chat.

Suman looked at the chulha. That morning she had managed to make something that can be called carrot –methi leaves soup with Vaishnav's help. They thought it is methi leaves. Since there was nothing else with whatever ingredients available she made the dish. Everyone was hungry so they drank it. 3 days had taken the toll on them. Poornima and Vaishnav looked tired. They had got the news from Goraji's man that Sudhir with the help of Shekhar had handled Sant Guru's murder and they were safe. It was then that they were able to sleep for few hours. Though they changed dress in the adjoining room, washed their hands, feet and face in the stream they looked disheveled sitting on the ground and sleeping on the ground for long.

Now it was noon. Sreedhar told they will have the remaining fruits. Suman told no looking at the tired face of Poornima and Vaishnav

" Sreedhar yesterday noon we had some rice, dal and sabji. After that no proper food. Look at them. Let me make rice and daal atleast"

Vaishnav got up.

" No Vaishu you sit, you look very much tired. I will make"

Sreedhar looked as Suman struggled with the chulha, her eyes going red from smoke, still managing.

" Sumi I wanted to walk you like a queen. Bringing you the best of everything. But look what I have been able to give you. Pain and more pain. What did you get Sumi by loving me. I still remember you telling that you had come from a conservative family with great difficulty to study and you have no time for love. I dragged you into the beautiful dream of love, only to shatter it, only to leave you alone as you battled the atrocities that happened to you. The price of loving me. Look now, sitting in an underground room and working on chulha" he thought in his mind and unknowingly tears flowed from his eyes.

" Sreedhar Chachu what happened you crying" asked Poornima

" No Poorni, just the smoke he said wiping the tears. It was then he observed that Suman was taking the dal from chulha and her pallu was very much near the fire

" Sumi don't you know the basic safety measure of working near fire. " he told angrily and took her pallu away from the fire. Suman looked at him startled and it was then Sreedhar realized what he had called her. Suman kept the dal on ground, taking the pallu from his hand. Then they both looked at Poorni and Vaishu who were standing stunned

"Poorni" Sreedhar tried to explain

" We heard you calling Chachi Sumi. We are not adults to know everything, but then we are also not kids not to understand anything" told Poorni and Vaishu together. Sreedhar and Suman looked at each other unable to decide on what to tell them.

The mediator was counting the votes. Everyone looked on anxiously. Finally it was announced Tilak Varma has been elected the new chairperson of MA. The members all demanded party. Rajasekhar politely refused telling that yes they will distribute sweets but at this point they were not in a condition to throw a grand party at home due to obvious reasons. But this years annual MA celebrations will be conducted in Varma house in Jul. Many members understood the reason for Rajasekhar's refusal and told they will be fine with annual celebration. As they walked towards the car Rajasekhar told Sudhir to order sweets to distribute among the merchant community and also bring Sreedhar, Suman, Poorni and Vaishnav back at earliest.

Sreedhar, Suman, Poorni and Vaishu had food in silence. After they finished Sreedhar looked at them

" Poorni, Vaishu tell us what do you want to know, or what did you understood"

" Sreedhar Chachu actually I had some doubts during Delhi Trip. Remember you held Suman Chachi's hand and you were supposed to call something then stopped and called Sumanji. I felt very weird, but didn't think too much about it. But then in Saketh when Suman Chachi's 2 friends came I saw you coming out of the wash room, but seeing those 2 again going inside, you didn't come out till they were gone. I discussed it with Vaishu. We were not sure whether to ask you. Then when we came I actually thought Suman Chachi will go with Vaishu. But then she was quite comfortable with you, I mean for the relation you seem to share that of bhabi –devar it looked odd and now you called her Sumi" told Poorni looking at them

" Sreedhar Uncle we are really sorry if we are hurting you. We just want to know whether you knew each other from college and whether you were ...

" We are in love Vaishu" completed Sreedhar. " There is no need to refer something to past when the same relation exists between us even now though for the sake of the society we have to keep the decorum. It is exactly for that reason I don't call her bhabi, but Sumanji because I cannot betray myself by calling her bhabi"

Slowly they told them the story in nutshell of what had happened to Suman.

" So tell me what do you feel, angry, sad, betrayed. Even if you are angry with us for playing this drama it is fine" told Sreedhar.

" Why should we be angry. You anyways need help and of course we can get some good rewards if we help you as we have no plans of giving any free help right Vaishu" told Poorni

" Of course Poorni. But then they have to be applauded for keeping the perfect mask. At this point only Sudhir Uncle and Vindhya aunty knows " told Vaishnav

" No Vaishu actually my Devika Didi also knows. It is not great mask or anything. If someone thinks along those lines it will not take people even couple of minutes to understand our relation. We both are connected at that level" told Suman

Poornima got up went near and took Suman's hand " Suman Chachi I will pray let that day soon come into your life when your hands will have Sreedhar Chachu's name written hidden in the Mehendi and he will be able to search it in your hands with everyone's blessings. Suman hugged Poornima and both of them cried.