The Hospital

Sreedhar tied a tourniquet to Suman's arm to stop the bleeding. He looked at her face. There were slap marks. He tucked the hair that was fallen on her face. Her head was in his lap and he wanted to pull her closer to hug her. But he restrained himself as he didn't wanted Tilak Bhaiyya to be suspicious even remotely on their relation.

" Sumi whoever who did this to you are not going to escape. Let me understand what happened and let you be fine first" he said in his mind.

They reached the hospital. Stretcher was bought and Sreedhar accompanied Suman as Tilak went to park the car. One of the nurses asked whether he knew her blood group. He said O+. The nurse told

" Thank God it is the most common group and we have blood in stock. Go sign the admission papers, let us take her to the ICU" told the nurse.

Sreedhar went and started filling in the application form. He gave the details and there was column which asked patient's relative name and relation with the patient. His hand went numb. He couldn't bring himself to write his name and the fake relation. By the time Tilak came.

" Bhaiyya can you please fill the remaining form. Let me see if they have arranged blood for Suman" he asked Tilak.

Tilak took the papers as Sreedhar went down the corridor thankful he didn't had to write Sreedhar Varma, brother in law in the hospital form.

As he was enquiring to the nurse about Suman, Maheswari came running " Sreedhar how is Suman. It is nothing serious right "

" Aunty it is not anything serious. But she has lost blood. Hence unconscious. Also she has some swelling in the face. We have kept ice pack. But she has to be under observation for tonight in ICU"

" Can I see" she asked

" No aunty. Let her regain conscious. After that we will allow you to see" told the nurse and walked away.

Maheswari sighed " Maa what happened. Did Aakash and security tell anything " asked Sreedhar.

" Aakash is crying. He told some thugs tried to catch him, Suman came in between and asked him to run, lock himself in the room and call you. In the ruckus her arm was hurt. Security. I guess Suman did better than our security today as per the security man's narration. First she protected Aakash. Then hit one man and when the other man tried to pin her down, she scratched his face irrespective of the slap he gave her. Then it seems they tried to cut her hair, but she pushed them aside and rushed into your room and bolted it. I checked your room. I feel after bolting the door she dragged the bed, table and all to the door. I don't know how with a bleeding arm she managed it."

Sreedhar remembered all of Suman's futile attempts to escape her marriage. Her struggle. He knew if she wants she will do it

" What do they want" asked Tilak

" It is Pradeep Samrat's men. They want Sreedhar to apologize for what he spoke in school in the community meeting. Warning is that if he doesn't do it more torture to come our family way"

" What Maa, I guess we both will go and teach that man a lesson" told Tilak

" No Tilak, Sreedhar both of you will not do anything. First I don't know how your father is going to take it. Second Sudhir is in Gurgaon. There is 2-3 days for that community meeting. So we will discuss calmly and see what needs to be done. Now Suman's health is our priority. Nothing else. "

Sudhir took the phone. As he listened to Vindhya his face grew grim. " Vindhya tell Sreedhar or Tilak Bhaiyya not to do anything in haste. I cannot come today. But I will be there tomorrow evening. Tell them we will discuss"

" Sudhir I just told you this so that whatever it is somehow you will manage to come tomorrow. You know Papa is not going to like this and it can aggravate the situation. Maa is in hospital and I feel she will ensure Jethji and Sreedhar doesn't do anything foolish at this point"

" Vindhya I will be back tomorrow evening. I was planning to be here over weekend. But no way. With such a issue there, I will do the important task and then give the rest to my assistant here and come"

Vindhya kept the phone and as she turned saw a worried Renuka Bhabi. " Vindhya what did he tell. I hope he comes fast.."

" Don't worry bhabi, Sudhir will be back tomorrow. How is Aakash"

" He has finally calmed down. I just hope nothing is serious for Suman. I am indebted to her for life for what she did to Aakash today"

" Don't worry Bhabi. She will be alright. Mata Gowri will be with her"

" Aakash who is Aakash. Suman Varma is calling out that name" came a nurse

Maheswari got up. " Nurse she is asking for my grandson and how he is. She got injured while trying to protect him. I will go and meet her"

Maheswari entered the ICU. Suman's one arm was in bandage and blood was still being given to her. She gave a feeble smile as she saw Maheswari. Maheswari sat beside her.

" Aakash is fine beta. Nothing has happened to him. How are you feeling now." She asked caressing the girl's hair.

" I am fine Maa" Suman muttered. " Just feeling dizzy a bit "

" You have lost blood beta. Doctor told you will be fine. I will check with doctor what food can be given to you and will send it from home" she caressed her hair once again and got up as people were not allowed long time in ICU.

As she came out the nurse told " Aunty we can only give bread and black tea for Suman today. Please send that. She will be in ICU whole night. There needs to be a person standby. Also send a towel and toothbrush for the patient. If everything is normal once the doctor comes tomorrow she will be discharged"

" Maa I will stay here. Tilak Bhaiyya you go with Maa. Aakash and Renu Bhabi both will need you after what transpired today. "

" Ok Sreedhar. Any issue phone. I will send the food and other things the nurse asked through Tilak"

Maheswari walked away with Tilak and Sreedhar sanked in the chair and wept silently.