The Failed Mission Rescue

Gautham held Sreedhar's shoulder. " You are joking, say you are joking"

Sree looked at him " Do you think I am joking " He looked at them, his eyes were red. " What should I cry for, for the death of my brother, or the loss of my love. That too... Now tell what happened " Kailash started " Sreedhar the day you went, you know that the exams were kind of over and everyone was packing to go home. So was Suman. She was planning to go next day as she had some assignment pending for submission. But around noon, some people came from her place telling her mother was unwell and asked her to accompany them. See we couldn't stop her because she knew them. So she went with them. It was 3 days later Aleena received a frantic call from Suman telling she was being forced for a marriage, somehow to help her. Before Aleena could ask about the details the phone was cut. Maybe someone snatched it from her, as Aleena could hear her plea before the phone went cut.She called us immediately and we decided to go to Mewar. But what greeted us in Mewar was not pleasant. When we tried to enter the house telling Suman's friends the gateman stopped us, telling they have strict orders not to allow anyone from college inside.Then we roamed around gathered information that, that Sunday was Suman's wedding to some big family. We somehow wanted to get in. And the only way we found was.." I went" Aleena said. I bought a rajasthani dress, covered my head with ghunghat and I managed to sneak into the haveli. The place was heavily guarded and I felt as if they will kill if they found out who I am. One advantage was no one asked me to lift ghungat. I didn't know Suman's room. It was a big haveli. That was the point I wished I should have gone with her for our 1st year break when she had called me. I snooped around mingling with ladies preparing for the wedding ceremonies. That day was supposed to be her haldi. And when I finally managed to find the room, the sight I saw.." Aleena stopped" What did you see, why did you stop " asked Sreedhar. Aleena looked at Gautham telling she cannot go on" She saw Suman hanging from the fan" and I shrieked from the top of the voice continued Aleena. People came running from all direction. Doctor was called. She was saved. I proved to be both a boon and bane for Suman. Yes she survived because of me, but then she was under heavy guard. I had escaped that day in the mayhem. But from next day when I entered I could see that she was in the midst of 3 to 4 women and they took turn guarding her. She looked frail. I don't think she ate something for days. But I couldn't reach her. And these 2 guys it was impossible . We saw her marriage from a distance. We didn't know who married her or what happened after that. Gautham decided we will tell you after you returned " she stoppedGautham held Sreedhar's hand " We tried, we really tried Sreedhar. We really wanted to help her. But we couldn't. We don't know what all torture she under went, but now we know it has become more messier for you. But believe us yaar. If you want to run away with her now , we will help. Don't worry. She is a widow, of course you can remarry her "" Will she come if he calls " they all turned in shock towards the voice. Only to see Gautham's mom Supriya standing at the door.