Accusation in MA , A death

It was the MA meeting which was urgently convened by Shashank Rawat. Rajasekhar and Tilak were there from Varma family. As all the members assembled Shashank Rawat spoke.

" Hello everyone. I have called this meeting for a very urgent reason. We all know our Association was formed so that we do the business with ethics. There is fair competition as well as good relation between the association members. We also know that all of us are supposed to follow the rules and if any rules is broken we can raise it in the forum. Give the accused party 1 week to prove innocence and then put the motion to vote to decide whether the party should be continued in association or not"

" Yes Shashank we all understand that. Now what is the urgency of towards's meeting. Who is the aggrieved party and who has caused problems" asked a member.

" Unfortunately this time I am the aggrieved party my friends and the accused is Mr Rajasekhar Varma's youngest son Sreedhar Varma. The new hero of the town. The instant publicity has gone into his head and he dared to insult my daughter Naina calling her empty head and high maintenance package. If that is not enough he told a noble lady like Naina is trying to trap him. Now friends my daughter saw him the Sunday's charity bash, decided to spend some time with him because as family I had proposed an alliance of Naina and Sreedhar with Mr Varma. Mr Varma was quite ok with it and wanted to proceed with it post the marriage of his third son Murali. Now he have done a volta face and telling that he wont marry Naina to Sreedhar. Friends how does it look in the community. So I want the Varma's to be ousted from MA for breaking their word and insulting a maiden"

" Mr Rajasekhar Varma is it true that Naina's alliance was discussed for Sreedhar with you" asked a member

" Yes" said Rajasekhar

" Fine then we will have to take this seriously. But yes you have 1 week to prove the reason why your son called Naina the names that were mentioned and also establish conclusively why you don't want her as your DIL. You very well know insulting a maiden is completely against the rule of MA"

" Yes everyone. Within 1 week we will give you evidence of why my brother did what he did. As of now we are refuting the allegation. Sreedhar only tried to protect the honor of his bhabi who was insulted by Naina Rawat" told Tilak

" See everyone, 2 women were squabbling which you all know happens between woman. Why would a man come in between them" told Rawat.

" Rawat don't trade allegations now. You have made the motion. Tilak have refuted it. Now let him bring proof and then the members will decide on the outcome" told another member.

The MA meeting was dispersed. As they came out Rawat came to Rajasekhar Varma and told " Rajasekhar there is time even now. If you accept Naina your bahu we need not have to go through this "

" Rawat. First thing, I never made any promise that Sreedhar will marry Naina. Second after calling Suman who is the DIL of Varma house a woman who is trying to trap a man publicly I simply don't want her my DIL. We have reached till the motion. Let us see how it goes forward. Come Tilak " told Rajasekhar

As they walked Rawat was feeling uneasy. Mahantji was telling no issues. But Tilak's walk, to Rawat it looked like the Varma's know what they are doing.

Once in the car Rajasekhar looked at Tilak " Tilak hope you and Sudhir know what you are doing. One misstep "

" Papa please don't worry. Have trust in Sudhir. I might have failed you Papa. But has he failed you even once" asked Tilak

Rajasekhar closed his eyes. Yes his second son had never failed him. Not once. Even the most tough situations he has taken the burden on his shoulders.

Vindhya and Suman were in temple. Some ladies came " Vindhya is it true Naina Rawat's alliance was proposed to your youngest devar"

" Who told you " asked Vindhya

" Arrey we are hearing in temple. That Sreedhar Varma might marry Naina Rawat"

" Go and ask the people who told you. As of now we do not have any such plans and Maa will not allow a girl like Naina to be the DIL of Varma family"

" Why what is the problem with her. Heard Sreedhar insulted her" told another

" Yes you will get insulted, if you go to a man and try to romance with him without his permission" told Vindhya

Ladies whispered among themselves. Before they could ask next question Vindhya told " Come Suman, there is lot of work at home. 2 days after it is Nami's birthday also. I need to make 2-3 of her favourite sweets and snacks.

As they came out Vindhya looked at Suman . She was biting her lips. " Suman, Sreedhar is yours. No one can take him from you. Me and your Sudhir Jethji wont allow that. If at the most we have to speak the truth to Maa and Papa we will do it though we prefer we don't have to do at this point" . Suman looked at Vindhya with a grateful look.

Night everyone was at the dinner table and Poornima presented the form " Papa a form is given from school, which I need to fill up and you need to sign it. Also parents have to go meet the Headmistress. Time given for you and Maa is next Wednesday afternoon"

" Next Wednesday the hearing.." " I will go Tilak you don't worry" completed Renu.

" No Renu, Tilak will go. Let him go and sit in front of the Headmistress and feel how it is for a father to go and hear about the child who is going for board exam. I know Poornima is a good student, but my rebel son has to know the feeling either way. For hearing Sudhir will be enough"

Tilak nodded sheepishly as he remembered his Principal giving a lecture to his father before the boards. Maheswari smiled after all Rajasekhar has admitted Poornima a good student.

Suddenly the phone rang. Vindhya ran and picked it. Her face grew grim as she listened to the voice.

" What happened Vindhya" asked Tilak

" Jethji it was Naveenji calling. He told that they just got the news that Pradeep Samrat passed away"

" Pradeep Samrat passed away, Tilak we need to go there" told Rajasekhar

" Papa but will they create issue" asked Tilak

" Whether they create issue or not is their problem Tilak. But in a occasion like this it is our duty to visit the family. Maheswari I hope you are also coming with Renu or Vindhya"

" Ji I will go tomorrow. Tonight if I go I will have to sit for the ritual, which I don't want to be a part of "

Rajasekhar nodded. " As you wish Maheswari, but do go tomorrow. Tilak come let us go " . They hurriedly finished the food and went to the car.

When the woman sat for dinner Suman noticed Maheswari was only nibbling food, her thoughts somewhere.

" Maa what happened. Why are you not having food" asked Suman

" Maa please don't think about it Maa. You have just come out of it" told Vindhya

" Vindhya it is easy to tell. But then what to do. How can a mother forget her son". She sighed, but then began to have food. As they went upstairs Suman asked Vindhya " What happened to Maa, which ritual Maa doesn't want to attend"

Vindhya looked at Suman "The ritual of making a widow which the women will do to Pradeep Samrat's wife once the body is taken"

Suman closed her eyes and Vindhya held her hand firmly " Keep calm Suman. Don't bring back that memory. Bring another beautiful memory in its place". Suman took a deep breath and she saw Sreedhar smile in front of her, she smiled and Vindhya left her hand.