The Notes

Virender, Bhavani, Sudhir and Maheswari were seated for lunch while the 3 DILs served.

" Virenderji I have made the menu of today's lunch discussing with your daughter. She told what her parents like" told Maheswari.

Virender looked at his plate. Most of his favourite dishes were there. But that was after all a daughter's duty he thought. She is supposed to know. If she had not known, then today Bhavani would have paid the price.

" Maheswariji in our house daughter's know what each member of the family like. I hope Suman knows the likes and dislikes of everyone here" told Virender.

" Yes Uncle Suman is a fast learner. She observes everyone, their needs and behaves accordingly" told Sudhir

" Yes Virenderji I should give credit to you and your wife for bringing up such a noble daughter" told Maheswari. Bhavaniji you are silent. You didn't tell me what your daughter like. She doesn't tell anything. Today I came to know she likes Malpau and Rabdi. Asked Maheswari

Bhavani looked at Virender to speak and Virender gave a curt nod. Maheswari observed them.

" Maheswariji Suman doesn't have many wants. She is generally a happy child. Engrossed in her dance painting and writing. She does the dress design for all the woman in our family, dress them up also for all festivals. Me, her aunts, her bhabi's and her sisters. On most occasions decking others up she forgets to dress up herself. On festivals, poojas and all Suman will finally rush mostly simply dressed. She will adapt to any surrounding."

Maheswari looked at Suman as she served. The girl without much wants. Yes she was like that. But Maheswari felt there was a deep pain inside her. It had nothing to do with her white dress, from what Bhavani told the girl didn't care much about jewellery or colorful clothing. But it was something else and that something has to do with her father she understood as she saw Suman's hand shivering multiple times when she served her father.

The Rajputs bade goodbye post lunch. Bhavani hugged Suman once again and asked her to take care. Suman smiled at her mother.

Suman sighed as they left. Now she has to talk to Sreedhar. What he was upto. What was in those notes her father took. Today she will tell him during dinner to be cautious.

As Suman was taking the dinner tray to Sreedhar's room, Sudhir told " Maa I will have dinner with Sreedhar today. I need to discuss something with him on the business"

" Ok beta then take your thali too" told Maheswari. Sudhir took the plate and accompanied Suman

When they entered itself Sreedhar was all grinning " Yes I was expecting you Bhaiyya. You will have grievances against me right "

Sudhir sat by his side caressing his hair as Suman kept his dinner plate. " It is not grievance Sreedhar, it is concern."

" Tell him jethji, tell him he is playing with fire. What was the need for him to talk about me being here, and why did he give those notes to Papa. I don't know what Papa will make out of those"

" Suman I wont tell he is completely wrong. But he was not right also. I had no qualms of him giving the notes to your Papa, but my concern is how did your Papa know he called you Suman. Did he throw a stone just like that and Sreedhar reacted to it, Suman he has never called in public. Second this idiot telling you being here an anomaly. Why give hint of we suspecting some foul play from his side"

" Jethji what was the need for him to talk about woman indepedance and all. I have seen his conference report end to end. It had many parts with IT being the key driver. Why unnecessary stress on the part he knows my Papa will be offended. Coming to him calling me Suman in public. In that community meeting in front of everyone he had called me Suman only. That is what I say. News would have reached Papa from here. He has many chamchas here and there"

Sudhir looked at Suman incredulously " Are you sure Suman"

" Yes Jethji. I cannot miss it. He called me Suman"

Sreedhar looked at her and then at Sudhir " Sreedhar if you had called her Suman that day, I would tell you going forward be cautious. Suman cannot come from your mouth. Sumanji itself I don't know how long we can keep the mask, but Suman is a definite no no"

" Bhaiyaa I understand, I will be cautious. But I don't regret a bit on talking about woman independence or giving her father the notes. If not today, tomorrow he will have to know what kind of a guy I am. Whether he likes it or not is the second thing. But he has to know me for what I am. What I stand for"

" Sreedhar yes he has to know, but aren't there better ways of telling. You should never forget he is her father and it is you who have to make a favourable impression on him. Couldn't you have allowed me to speak a bit more my brother than jumping the gun"

Suman was in tears now " Sreedhar you don't know my father. Don't take him lightly and play around"

Sreedhar looked at her. As he spoke his voice was calm but strong " Suman I didn't know what he was.But today I know what he is. Seeing you day in day out I know what he is. I have not forgotten the day I saw you here in the white dress staring at me with blank eyes, I knew him that moment. Now your father will have to know me. He will have to know Sreedhar Varma. You very well know I cant keep pretensions atleast not about my values, principles and the ideals I belief in.He did what he want with his chamchas who are his paid servants. But I am going to do it with you, my relations, my friends. Yes hide and seek has to be there. I agree to some of Bhaiyya's points. Will take care. But this time me and your father has to face each other like men Suman. There is no escaping that."

Suman looked at him. Sudhir patted Sreedhar's shoulder and told Suman " Suman everyday the script doesn't play the way we want. But we have to see overall how it went. For all the faults today we can say Sreedhar did unnerve your father. We will be cautious, but we wont be afraid. Have faith". Finally Suman smiled.

"The boy is really good. What a caring eyes and gentle smile " told Bhavani as they entered their room.

Virender looked at his wife. He knew there was no point beating her. She will still say good things about the Varma boy. After reading the notes Virender was not sure what he was feeling. Narayan Murthy CEO of India's next blue chip company Infosys have given the credit of his success to his wife Sudha Murthy to the extend he had told the whole empire is build on her savings of Rs 10000. He didn't know what to say, what to feel. What could he shout about Narayan Murthy. His success was proven and credit is given to a lady his better half. In his speech Mr Murthy had urged the young men to respect the woman in their life, asking them to allow their better halves to follow their dream. Virender threw the papers on the floor. They scattered, so was his peace of mind. Will men like NRN get more importance in the new world. Will girls see these men as their partners and take decisions. Sudha Kulkarini had married Narayana Murthy as per her choice. He felt like head splitting and once again Sreedhar Varma seemed to mock at him. He didn't know what to do with it.