The Republic Day Parade

Whole Varma family was in a Mini Van. They were on the way to Delhi for Republic Day Parade.

" Vindhya it is not marriage, it is Republic Day. Couldn't you have worn some less jewellery" told Sudhir

" Sudhir if I wear one necklace over and above my Mangalsutra and 2 Kangan apart from my Chudi it becomes too much jewellery. Look at Renu Bhabi she too has worn the same. Does Tilak Jethji tell anything like you"

" Sudhir when will you stop meddling in what Vindhya wears. Why cant you allow her to wear what she wants" told Maheswari

" It is not what she wears, look at my daughter. She has put make up for the 9 year old also" told Sudhir

" I like jewellery. Suman Chachi did embroidery for my lacha" told Nami

" Like mother, like daughter Nami your chachu will call you high maintenance package if you go like this " told Sudhir

" Bhaiyya please. Now don't make me a fool in front of kids" told Sreedhar

" Obviously I have to be wary right. I don't want some idiot like you to call my daughter high maintenance in future" told Sudhir

" Ok ok fine Nami's Papa. Next time onwards I will teach her to be simple" told Vindhya.

Everyone laughed as Poornima passed snacks for all. Soon they reached Delhi. As she stepped out of the Van Suman closed her eyes. Memories came like a flash as they walked toward the India Gate

" This is India Gate Sumi ". Sreedhar had bought her for a Delhi tour. They had seen Qutub Minar, Red Fort and now they were standing in front of Amar Jawan.

" Why do people hate so much Sreedhar. How many soldiers die each year in the hatred"

" Sumi in this world you have license to hate, but no license to love " told Sreedhar

" Then why did you love me Sreedhar. It is criminal offence right if you don't have license"

" I am willing to be a criminal, but I cannot stop loving you Sumi "

" Then we will be together in the jail because I cannot stop loving you too "

" Heard it is a good place these days. You get good food and they teach you things and get you job also. Want to give a try in Tihar Jail " asked Sreedhar . Suman punched him on the shoulder and he pulled her closer and they both laughed.

Suman tripped and was about to fall but her arm was firmly held by Sreedhar who was walking behind her " Sum " he stopped " Sumanji walk carefully". Suman looked at him as he left her hand. Sreedhar averted his eyes quickly looking at Poornima " Poornima so how are you feeling"

" Very good Sreedhar Chachu. Coming to Delhi for first time naa"

" I want balloons " told Adwaith seeing the balloon vendors on the sidewalk. " I also want " told Nami.

" Not now children. First let us see where we need to go " told Renu

Soon Sreedhar and Sudhir went to Information Counter. Showed them their passes and one lady guided them to their seats. Then Sreedhar went and bought balloons for the kids. Soon the parade started and all of them enjoyed the parade. They saw Suman's students dancing in the float for a Rajasthani folk song and it looked good. Then it was over. They met people from tourism department. After exchanging pleasantries it was time for them to leave

" Maa we will have food from Taazta. It is the best vegetarian restaurant here" told Suman

Sreedhar looked at Suman. Is she mad to go to Taazta. Agreed Taazta was the best veg restaurant. But the waiters there might remember them as they had gone together to Taazta atleast 4-5 times and have taken the A/C area.

" Sumanji Taazta will be crowded and too many college students will be there always. Maa will prefer some quiet place. Maa we will go to Saketh. It is a very peaceful place"

Suman tried to protest but the way Sreedhar rolled his eyes Suman said. " Ok Sreedhar I never thought about the crowd, it is a favourite hang out place of college students"

" Sreedhar you take everyone to Saketh. Me and Vindhya have to go to Gurgaon"

" Gurgaon what are you going to do there" asked Rajasekhar

" Papa I need to go. There is a need. Since we came here today I thought we will go today itself. We will join you in Saketh" told Sudhir

As they walked Maheswari looked quizzingly at Sreedhar who told " no clue"

Maheswari was observing Suman and Sreedhar. She had seen Sreedhar rolling eyes at Suman and she agreeing for Saketh. It was getting more obvious that Sreedhar and Suman knew each other. Why Sreedhar didn't want to go to Taazta. For Maheswari it was getting complex. Till now she was thinking Sreedhar knew something about Suman, but today it seems her son was hiding something from her which obviously Suman know and something in Taazta would have told her. Whatever it is Maheswari felt it was connected to their college.

They reached Saketh. They all sat at the table and Sreedhar took each one's preference and gave orders. As they waited for the food, Sreedhar said he will go wash his face and come. As he walked to the washroom Suman heard a sudden exclamation " Suman, you here " . Suman turned and saw her batchmates Rishabh and Arya .

Suman got up, went near them. " Rishabh, Arya how are you"

" We doing good yaar. Here for the final year project. A project on hospitality industry in Delhi. We are just giving ratings. It is like a survey. We are doing it for " Yes" Magazine. What about you. How come you here. We heard.." told Rishabh and Arya silenced him

" Don't stop him Arya. What you heard is right. I got married and Murali passed away on the wedding day. This is my in laws" Suman introduced them to her family and told them that they are her batchmates

Sreedhar opened the door of the washroom only to see Suman talking to Rishabh and Arya. He went back to the wash room. He had expected this. Suman's over enthusiasm to bring the entire family to Delhi. Now don't know what those idiots will speak in front of Maa and Papa.

" Suman you came because of dance for Republic day parade. Good thing yaar" told Arya

" What is surprising. She is afterall the best female dancer of the college. How can we forget." Rishabh stopped

" How can you forget.." asked Renu

" How can we forget her performance for college day" completed Rishabh. Maheswari felt it was something else. They said goodbye and as they passed Maheswari heard Arya whispering to Risabh

" How much everyone in college have envied Suman. She was called the most luckiest girl in college. But look now. Does anyone want to be in her position" . She didn't hear what Rishabh told. They finished lunch. Spend some time in Saketh freshnening up. Did a mini tour of Delhi. Came back to Saketh for early dinner by which time Sudhir and Vindhya also joined them.

As they were going back only one thought occupied Maheswari's mind " Why was Suman called the luckiest girl in college. What was the luck that she lost due to her marriage to Murali. Was it something like what Sreedhar got. Some presentation in foreign land or something to do with dance, some big oppourtunity. One thing she understood Suman's loss was big and Sreedhar knows it. Sreedhar doesn't want to tell something to family which Suman knows. And they both are safeguarding each other's secret. She knew if she had to get what she wants, she had to get to their secret. She looked at them. Suman was asleep in front seat, while Sreedhar sat looking outside the window in backseat.