Aakash Varma

Everyone was seated for the community meeting. Varma family had everyone except Vindhya and Suman and the younger kids. Many people came with children. Poornima and Vaishnav were also there. They had taken leave from school and were sitting together at the back row.

Pradeep Samrat told his wife " Now you see how Sreedhar Varma will apologize. That Vaishnav was creating too much ruckus on the back of that Varma boy"

" Ji that I know. After all Mahantji will doing things as per our will right. We have done so much for him" told his wife.

Dinakar also had come for the meeting this time. He rarely attented meetings. But somehow he felt he should be going for this meeting.

Soon the committee headed by Mahantji and other members came. Mahantji asked everyone to be silent. Then he read out the reason for which committee is called " Dear community members. We have received a complaint from Pradeep Samrat that son of Rajsekhar Varma Sreedhar Varma has been giving wrong information about traditions and misleading the children in our community. It is bought to the notice of the community that Sreedhar Varma has given a speech in Navmantha Public School in which he has given many misleading information like widows are not responsible for their husband's death and women and men are equal etc. We know our tradition treats men superior to woman, that is why Lakshmi is always at service of Vishnu, that is why Sita didn't complaint after her abandonement by Ram as a woman never questions her husband's decision. And the content of his speech was shared to us by Pradeep Samrat's 11 year old nephew. As we know when the child give testimony we don't validate it much and the punishment is decided to the culprit based on child's testimony alone. So the committee has decided Sreedhar Varma has to publicly apologize for the mistake he has committed and tell the children whatever he said is wrong and he had done it only to gain publicity.

Mahantji looked at the Varma's side. It was Tilak who got up. " Mahantji you have passed the verdict based on the 11 year old nephew of Pradeep Samrat. Before my brother Sreedhar apologizes I have my 12 year old son Aakash who wants to ask some questions to the committee. Yes a verdict is given based on child's testimony, so this committee has to listen to Aakash's testimony also before passing the final verdict "

Mahantji was fuming. But he had no option. If a child want to give testimony in the meeting there was no option. It had to be approved.

" Yes your son can come" told Mahantji grudgingly. Tilak asked his son to go. He hugged the child, Sudhir and Sreedhar also hugged him as he moved to the stage.

Aakash took the stage " Good morning everyone. I am Aakash Varma. Before I give testimony I have some questions for the elders in the committee as well as in the audience. Can I ask .

" Yes " one of the committee members told

" Is it right to enter a house without permission and attack a child "

" No" came the answer from audience. Pradeep Samrat was now becoming uneasy on the seat. He had not expected this.

" Is it right to try to outrage the modesty of a woman" asked Aakash

" No" came another loud answer from the crowd

" Is it right to give threat to someone if we don't behave in a certain way , there will be more damage done to their family"

" No" this time the answer was louder.

" Ok so I understood all this things are wrong. Then I want to ask punishment for Pradeep Samrat who has sent 2 goons to my family who tried to attack me. My Suman Chachi came to protect me and she was stabbed in the arm. In addition to that the goons tried to outrage her modesty. When she ran away and locked herself in the room they gave the threat that if my chachu Sreedhar Varma doesn't apologize they will do more damage to our family"