The Talk, The Tears

Sreedhar entered Poornima's house. Harkishore and Pratap welcomed him. Harkishore asked Poorni to bring tea and snacks for Sreedhar

" Uncle I am not sitting , just came to collect the photos. I have urgent work to do "

" Sreedhar I know how to make you sit. Unfortunately Poorni's naani is no more. If she was there and I knew you were coming I would have asked her to make Pooris" told Harkishore.

" Pooris, you know I love Pooris. How. I don't even remember seeing you Uncle " asked Sreedhar amused

" You might not remember me but ask the staff who were working at the Varma's more than 15 years back and they will talk about the boy who used to hang around in the dining hall during weekends and will jump into anybody's lap who are willing to offer him Pooris"

Sreedhar blushed. He did remember those times as Murali Bhaiyya and Maa had always teased him about it. Maa used to tell that she is afraid someone will take her son just tempting him with Pooris. He looked at the man. He couldn't see any animosity there just a glint of hope somewhere.

" So Sreedhar you are having tea and snacks now, you will not deny". Sreedhar knew this man was expecting something and his acceptance of food from them meant some kind of assurance for him. They went quiet as they saw Poornima coming with tea and snacks

" Sreedhar Uncle I made tea.I don't know how good it is". She kept the tea and some snacks on the table.

Renu entered with the documents. Maheswari called her. " Renu let me see the documents. Let us go to your room. Vindhya and Suman come with me " . Vindhya was giving snacks to the kids and Suman was helping her . Vindhya asked Aakash to help serve the siblings also as she followed Maheswari with Suman.

Sreedhar took the tea and he asked Poornima for the Photos. As he sipped tea he looked through the photos. Harkishore was observing him. Him taking tea was a good sign. Sreedhar looked at Anu's solo photo. A simple girl that too she looked very young dressed in Ghagra Choli. It looked like a photo taken during some festival as there were lamps in the background. Harkishore and Pratap both noticed tears welling up in Sreedhar which he hided effectively and looked at Poornima " Poornima the tea is good and I have a question. Ok your photo with your nanu , naani and your mamu is there and I saw your mom's photo. What about your Papa. Don't you have any photo of him"

Harkishore smiled at the boy's intelligence. Tears in Sreedhar's eyes have given the confirmation that he knows who Poorni is. Now he wanted to know what Poornima thinks about her father. " Poorni tell about your Papa" told Harkishore

" Uncle I am sorry. I do not have Papa's photo. When I grew up and had asked for it my naani told my Papa's family had sent my Maa with nanu and naani as Papa was not there. They didn't allow her to take anything of Papa. So I don't know much about Papa's family. No one has come to see me. Maybe they never wanted me, just like Vaishu's Papa's family. They don't care for him right. But Naani told me my Papa had loved my Maa very much. My Maa has kept my name as per my Papa's wish. My Papa had told my Maa that if they had a boy they will keep the name as Adithya and if a girl it will be Poornima. So if my Papa was there he would have loved me " told the girl wistfully now tears flowing through her eyes.

Sreedhar made Poorni sit beside him and wiped her tears " Poornima it is ok. This is enough. And at times it is not good to make assumptions. Did you ever try reaching out to your Papa's family. How did you know no one wanted you there. Maybe someone wanted but they didn't know where you were or they didn't even know you were there "

Poornima looked at him " Do you really think I should reach out to my Papa's family. Do you really think someone there might want me "

" What is the harm in trying " asked Sreedhar.

" Ok Uncle since you told after the new year I will get details of my Papa's family and then will meet them"

He looked at Harkishore and saw the smile broaden at his face. He knew the message has gone to him. " Uncle now I have to leave"

" Ok beta, hope to see you again. Poorni respects you a lot " told Harkishore

" She herself is a fighter on her own merit" told Sreedhar. As Sreedhar walked out Harkishore looked at Pratap. A silent message passed through them. They don't have to do anything. They just have to stand and do what Mahantji says. The Varma's will do next. Patakas will explode on 27th that was sure. But who will be on receiving end was the question now.

Maheswari, Vindhya and Suman passed the photos between them. Renu was silent. Maheswari looked at her " Renu you want to cry" she asked

" Maa " Renu looked at her startled. " Why, why are you surprised. All of them here are married woman. And the most heartbreaking thing a married woman endures is seeing her husband as the husband of another woman. To see the proof of that relation. I know you will cry in private. I am just asking you to share your feelings. You will feel better knowing that all of us understand your pain. Renu fell in Maheswari's lap and started crying uncontrollably. All her emotions which she had locked up inside her, which she had never shared with her husband fearing if she shares them he will lose the trust on her came out. Her grief of 15 years when on her wedding night her husband told her he is already a married man and he has married her just for the sake of his mother and brother and she shouldn't expect anything from him. Her pain when she knew her husband was going to be a father and the child is not hers everything came out as Maheswari caressed her hair. Vindhya and Suman looked on.