The Truth

Harkishore took a photograph from his drawer and also a document. Pratap was standing nearby.

" Pratap I hope we will not need to use these documents. But we have to keep them "

" Yes Papa. I understand. The photo clearly shows the marriage pic of Anusree and Tilak and Poornima's birth certificate which we created bribing the registrar shows Tilak Varma as her father. With the document we will claim Tilak was aware of the child born to him, but does not want to bring the matter to public. Hence he forced Anu to be a widow which led to her death. With Mahantji confirming the marriage what we tell will be enough for Poornima to hate her father and his family"

" Pratap if the Varma's come in public immediately shred this photo and the document. They will have a copy of this and we need to ensure this things does not end up in Mahantji or any of his crony's hands. You never know how they will use it" told Harkishore. Pratap nodded.

Sudhir banged the door of a house. It was 9pm and after searching quite a lot they had managed to find where the chief of registrar was. A lady opened the door. " Can we meet the registrar" asked Sreedhar.

" Well people come here to enjoy, not to go out mid way" told the lady.

Sudhir thrusted Rs 5000 in her hand and repeated the question. Now the lady was more amiable and called the registrar. He came out cursing, putting the buttons of his shirt.

" Sir we need urgent information of a child born 15 years back on 29-Nov" told Sreedhar

" Come tomorrow I have no time" told the registrar

"If you come now you will get 15k " told Sudhir. "Tomorrow we don't need it "

Hearing 15k the man rubbed his eyes to ascertain if it was true. He asked Sudhir to repeat. Sudhir repeated if he comes now he will get 15k, else nothing.

Man hurried with them as 15k was too tempting an offer to refuse.

After another 2-3 hrs of meticulous searching finally the man managed to find the birth certificate of Poornima. Sudhir looked at the birth certificate in shock. It was written Poornima Varma born to Anusree Varma and Tilak Varma. Sudhir dragged the man tempting him with another 2k to the house of a photoshop owner. After paying that man another 2k to open his shop and take a photocopy of the document when Sudhir and Sreedhar finally reached their hotel it was midnight. Both of them were tired. They didn't had anything proper to eat after the hurried lunch. When they tried to call home from the hotel they found the telephone there was not working.

" Bhaiyya we cant wait. We will have to start. We will call home from a phone booth on the way and ask them to go to temple and announce the truth even if we are late" told Sreedhar.

" Yes Sreedhar. We will start. But let us eat something first. Vindhya had packed some snacks which we didn't had to take yesterday. Let us finish that"

It was an uneasy silence in Varma house. They didn't had any phone call from Sudhir and Sreedhar on what they got from Raipur. Last information was the fact that they reached Raipur.

" Vindhya they will reach on time right " asked a concerned Renu

" Bhabi don't worry. Even if they don't reach, they will try to give us information through phone. Please go and sleep" told Vindhya though she knew sleep will elude all of them.

Sudhir and Sreedhar were on the road. They have been travelling for 2-3 hrs now but there was no phone booth in sight. The one they came across was closed

" Don't worry Sreedhar, we will get a booth in the morning" . At around 7 am they stopped at a dabba, washed face and had breakfast. They were very tired. Driving extensively, running around was taking its toll and the tension information has not been passed home.

" Sreedhar we have to be calm. Let us not panic " asserted Sudhir once again. Once they started from the dabba, they came across another problem. A bridge was broken and vehicles were asked to take detour. The detour route was narrow and the vehicles moved in a snail's pace.

It was 4pm. There was no news from Sreedhar and Sudhir. Varma house was tensed. Maheswari looked at the telephone again and again. Renu was walking restlessly. Vindhya and Suman didn't know what to do.

The congregation was assembling in the temple. As Poornima came with Vaishnav and some other kids people started whispering this and that. Harkishore scanned the crowd. There was no sign of the Varma's. Has his assessment gone wrong thought Harkishore. Mahantji looked at the assembling crowd. Today he was going to be the victor. The honor of Varma's will go for a toss. Soon the moral brigade came that comprised of Sumedha, Charulatha and Kinjala leading the pack.

The committee members led by Dinakar also started assembling. Now Sumedha spoke " I have a request to the committee members before we announce the verdict today all the people in the community want to know the students who have led this campaign. So please give us an opportunity to introduce them"

Dinakar nodded. Sumedha first moved to Vaishnav. " Beta you are doing great work. Your parents will be proud of you. Let this crowd also know who those proud parents are. There are many assembled here today to hear the verdict who doesn't know your family"

Vaishnav beamed as he told " I am Vaishnav Samrat son of Prakash Samrat and Manjima Samrat. I stay with my nanu Kishore Singhvi"

"Now you Poornima tell us about yourself " told Sumedha. Poornima looked confused. She till date has not asked anyone her father's name. She didn't feel the need. But now. What she will do. Tears started flowing from her eyes. If she didn't tell what these people will think

" Why are you silent Poornima. Introduce yourself " told Charulatha now the moral brigade smiling cunningly

" I am Poornima Patel " said Poornima haltingly "daughter of Anusree Patel and " she stopped unable to continue. " daughter of Anusree Patel and " Charulatha looked at the crying girl menancingly. Harkishore looked on. If it continued for another minute he will speak. "daughter of Anusree Patel and " repeated Poornima " Anusree Patel and .." mocked Sumedha . " Tilak Varma" came a voice from behind. Everyone were startled and looked behind to see Renu standing. " She is Poornima Varma daughter of Anusree Varma and Tilak Varma " told Renu as she walked towards the bewildered Poornima

It was around 5:30 pm when the phone rang and Suman ran to pick up the phone. When she picked up she heard Sreedhar's voice " Sreedhar where are you, we all are waiting here"

" Sumi tell Renu Bhabi and Maa not to wait for us. It will take us another 2-3 hrs to reach. Will tell the story in detail later. Just tell them that we have got enough convincing proof to tell the world Poornima is Tilak Bhaiyya's daughter"

Renu had rushed like mad towards the congregation when they reached the temple. Now she looked at the startled crowd pulling Poornima towards her. Harkishore let out a sigh of relief. Mahantji fumed as he saw Maheswari too coming from the crowd.