The Celebration, The Security

Maya sat in the room along with her superior Nandakishore. It was a secret underground room. Another young man sat opposite to them. Soon each of the agents of Operation Rose started coming in. On the table a small cake was kept. Then provisions has been made for lunch.

Maya looked at her agents. All were there except one. Where is Agent 13 she asked.

" He said he is waiting for some important information. Will join us in half an hour" told Agent 8

" Ok fine I know what it is. Let us start the discussion. We will cut the cake after he comes in. Hope you all know Tushar Mehta"

" Who doesn't know him Maya. Anti terrorist squad specialist, Encounter specialist and very much a decorated police officer within first 10 years of his service " told Agent 4

" Yes Tushar is now in Delhi and actually the IAS officer Mandavi Jagannath was also supposed to be here. But then her daughter fell ill. So we will do a status check, have a small celebration and then plan our next step. Hopefully Agent 13 will bring us the news we want. And we don't have to use Tushar and Mandavi in forefront".

" Agent 13 has the news you want Maya. Gautam Sanyal and Kailash Malhotra has cleared Civil Service finals" . Maya smiled at Agent 13 and Anand smiled back at her.

"Tushar meet Anand Rai. The one who suggested the idea of Operation Rose. So you think your friends are capable of doing what we want."

" Of course Maya. We all know the motive of Gautam and Kailash in taking up civil services this year. And coming to qualities like integrity, ethics, commitment etc they are good. Infact our entire gang is good. "

"Neverthless we will have to test them" she looked at Nandakishore

" Maya don't worry. Gautam and Kailash will face the toughest interview panel which will grill them to the core to get the information we want"

" Yes sir I want to be absolutely sure they wont buckle under pressure. We all know what is the life of civil servants is . Gautam and Kailash gives us the anonymity to work from behind as they are fresh blood. If we bring in Tushar or Mandavi the game will be different and these people will see the pattern"

" And Tushar if they pass our test in interview the next one year you know what to do with Kailash Malhotra in Hyderabad, and I will speak with Mandavi to let her know on what she has to do with Gautam"

" Maya I perefectly know what kind of grooming Kailash requires. And it should be given to him without arousing suspicion. Most important will be to play mind games"

" Yes also we will have to assess them using psychometric tests to see pattern of their behavior. Their Achilles heel, emotional weak points will have to be ironed out as we know lot of moral conflicts can come in the line of duty" told Nandakishore.

" Ok now since everyone is there let us start the celebration. We all know we have been able to break the unity among the gang. That's a big achievement. Now we will have to target each. I don't have to tell you now how we need to engineer things" Maya cut the cake and distributed things

" Maya but are we going to forefront. Now four among us have gone to the forefront" asked Anand

" No Anand. Even the four who have gone, no one will know who they really are. We will play in background only. No change in plans at this point. Actually Sudhir Sir is helping us in a great way to take our first blueprint forward. Otherwise before this time we would have had to expose ourselves in multiple occasions" told Maya

" Let us all hope we all have to expose ourselves only at the time we planned and not before that " told Nandakishore.

Then they discussed their next plans had lunch, said goodbyes. As Maya was walking out Tushar called

" Ruchika you feel guilty " he asked

Ruchika turned and faced him " Tushar in our field of work we take the pledge between truth and lie what we chose depends on what is in best interests of the nation, nation's integrity, nation's security. I took the decision based on that pledge" saying it she walked out

Tushar looked on. He knew Ruchika was betraying herself by saying what she said. His fiancée was deeply hurt, very deeply hurt and unless she bring those gang behind the bars the wound wont heal.

Varma family had just finished the dinner. News had reached them that Sreedhar's friends Gautam and Kailash have cleared Civil Service Finals. Tilak and Sudhir were watching news and Rajasekhar was just planning to go to his room when the calling bell rang. Vindhya went and opened the door and stood startled seeing four men

" Namasthe Bhabiji. We are from Delhi Police " told the men

" Namasthe " told Vindhya back inviting them inside

" Sudhir they say they are from Delhi Police " told Vindhya.

Everyone in the family came to the hall. Tilak came forward. The men showed their ID cards.

" Please don't panic. We have not come to trouble you. Actually after seeing the press statement of Sudhir Varma, Delhi Police has decided to take the case on attack on Sreedhar Varma as we feel it might be connected. So we have transferred the case files there and till the investigation is over we are here to provide security cover for you"

" Please sit, will you take tea, coffee or something cold " asked Maheswari

" No Bhabiji don't take trouble. Just bring a glass of water. We just came to meet you and then discuss with Sudhir Sir on the current security you are getting from tribals. Sudhir Sir it would be really helpful if we can meet their representative here so that we can sync up with them"

Sudhir was not sure whether to trust them. What if it was a ploy to know what Goraji's men were doing

" I suggest you people make your security arrangements. They will arrange themselves seeing you " told Sudhir. The man smiled. Sudhir Varma was too shrewd. He would have been a valuable asset to RAW.

" I understand Sudhir Sir. So this is our plan. We will have one man at your house, another at office and then two people will rotate themselves based on the movement of the people in your family"

" Fine thanks for supporting us in these difficult times " told Tilak. After they walked out Sudhir told " Papa please don't worry everything will be fine"

" I am no longer worrying Sudhir " told Rajasekhar " But I am not sure where this is going and when this will end "

" We have come this far Papa, we all will walk together to ensure it reaches its logical end" told Tilak and Maheswari supported him. Rajasekhar walked to his room followed by Maheswari and others also slowly moved to their respective rooms

qzUqBnn'J