Sarangi Wedding

All the guests were assembled for Sarangi's wedding. Prakash Samrat had invited all the prominent families in Jaipur including the Varma's. Even Vaishnav and his nanu along with his maternal uncle's were there.

Soon the baraat came and Sarangi was asked to come for Jaimala. Sarangi walked with trepidation. Will there be delay in executing their plan. Will they arrive on time. If not she will have to put jaimala in this man's neck. She didn't want to do that. She felt repelled even thinking about it.

As she was bought to the podium people heard the siren of police jeep. Pooja walked to the venue followed by Rupinder Singh. Rupinder Singh looked nervous but he was under Pooja's command.

" Stop the marriage" came Pooja's firm voice.

" Why should we stop the marriage. This is happening as per ritual" came Mahantji

"I am not talking here about rituals. I am talking here about IPC. Indian Penal Code. As per the information we have got the groom already has 2 wives and the marriage is happening against the girl's wish"

" You can ask the girl yourself " came Prakash Samrat

" Sarangi just say yes. You yourself know no one will marry the girl if the marriage is stopped on the altar" hissed one of her brother in her ear.

" Sure I will" told Pooja.

" Girl without fear tell, have you agreed to marry this man" asked Pooja moving towards Sarangi.

Sarangi hesitated but she knew this was her only chance and other plans will move only based on what she says here " No madam. I don't want to marry this man. He has 2 wives already. He is marrying me to get a son. He is giving money for my family to pay their income tax fine as my price." told Sarangi

Prakash Samrat and other family members stood stunned. How did Sarangi get this courage. They tried to intervene. But the police on indication from Pooja stopped them. Prakash looked at Rupinder and he indicated he cannot help else he will be in trouble.

" Arrest all of them for polygamy which is against IPC and forcing a girl into a marriage she doesn't want". The groom, Prakash Samrat and other close family members were taken away by Pooja.

Mahantji looked ominously at Sarangi and guests started murmuring. Mahantji told " This girl has disgraced her family. Her marriage is stopped at the altar. Very inauspicious bride. I want to tell no one should marry her as she is not good for the family"

" Mahantji Sarangi didi still has a brother. According to what I understand if a girl's marriage is stopped in the altar for unfortunate reasons, if someone is willing to give her life then marriage can happen." Mahantji looked astonishingly at Vaishnav. How dare this boy.

" Check, check who will marry your sister. This is not like your dignity for widows" told Mahantji.

" A bride disgracing her family is not good for any household " told Sant guru.

Vaishnav turned to the crowd. Guests waited stunned to see what is going to happen.

" Hello everyone. This is my didi. She is 18 years old and she was going to be married to a 50 year old man against her wishes as you heard her. If someone thinks what was going to happen to her was not right and is willing to give her a life please come forward. I will be greatly obliged. "

" Vaishnav my brother will marry your sister " came a voice from behind. Mahantji and co looked stunned as a young woman walked in with her brother.

Mahantji looked at her " Who are you. What caste"

The man looked at Mahantji " Does the caste matter Mahantji in an occasion like this. What was going to happen to that girl was not right. She was right in rejecting him who was marrying her for a son. I am willing to take her as my wife. She stood for herself under pressure and such a woman is an asset to any man. Anyways since you asked my caste let me introduce myself. I am Anmol Mohan working as an officer in SBI Delhi. I had supported Vaishnav and Poornima extensively in the campaign for dignity for widows as I was here in Jaipur during that time as part of my probation. And I am a Brahmin. Vaishnav had invited me and couple of people who helped them in their campaign for his sister's wedding. I didn't know it will turn out like this"